Dodge SRT Forum banner

Vibration driving me crazy!!!

2K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  System_Crash 
#1 ·
Alright guys so I'm at a halt with this damn vibration... I have just replaced all my mounts including trans with bwoody, brand new disc, flywheel, pp, throw out bearing, pivot fork, pivot ball, rear main and this vibration is still haunting me I thought it was going to be coming from the clutch but it wasn't it feels as if it's coming from the passenger side but it's constantly there idle in gear out of gear and not really greatly effected by rpm does anyone have anything else that could be causing this???

#3 ·
Yea I definitely know that there will be more vibration with solids, but this issue started while I was still on stock mounts with inserts out of the blue it dosent really bother me too much I just want to make sure there is no underlying problem that I can't find.. but I appreciate the input..

#12 ·
No haven't pulled the balance chain.. So hybrid would a bent axle vibrate at idle??? And how hard to leave the motor in and change it like a few beers and a few hours or??? Because I have all the stuff to do my timing belt and replace all tensiors water pump cam gears everything I already have and plan to do soon and that 4th mount is right there..??

#15 ·
Yes I am getting ready to do all that so I guess I might as well go ahead and order one.. yea it is vibrating all the time idle driving everything I noticed earlier I was coming down my driveway which is gravel and hit a few little bump and you could actually fell the vibration go away and cone back hitting those bumps so I'm thinking it has to be that mount as well I don't really know what else would cause this.....

#18 ·
Ok I will if I end up taking it out!!! Well I did a few drives just to see what I could feel and whatever it is it is definitely coming from the passenger side but I do not think it's that mount.. I felt around that mount and it felt fine all my other mounts were perfect by the way not a single tear I thought they were going to be demolished but I did have inserts... is there anything like struts or shocks that could be causing this because I can feel it start and stop when barely rolling but I don't understa.d if it's something like that why's it's doing it at idle idk lost at the moment but still have plenty of other work on the car to keep me busy but any input would be great!!!

#21 ·
If you're doing the timing, pull that mount out and either replace it or fill it. Even if it's not bad now, it will be in the future and you'll regret not taking care of it when it was easy to do so. I never thought mine was bad until I took it out and flipped it around, the back side was coming apart and I would have never known without full inspection.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#19 ·
I'm surprised that no one has asked, but have you switched the front tire out with the driver side rear tire, to see if you have a bad tire/out of balance tire? I tend to look at the most obvious first, wheel bearing? It's late for me and I'm tired, so if I missed you saying it does it just sitting there not moving, then my apologies ;)

#20 ·
No problem I appreciate any advice and yes it does this just sitting idle, but if I am slowly rolling under 5mph on a gravel driveway with a few small bumps you can actually feel the vibration come and go when hitting the bumps like there is something sitting against the body but idk I damn sure can't find it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.