Stock Turbo E85 Numbers? - Page 11 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum
 
 


Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Engine/Turbos/Ignition

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #151 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member Number: 62465
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Posts: 1,681
Default

I don't...old v8 muscle car logic "oh that 4 cylinder will never beat a v8" is ignorant and I love making muscle car guys and diesel guys look stupid
speedypollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #152 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
toofast82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member Number: 76443
Location: Tinley Park, IL
Posts: 1,027
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Racerxvsspeedracer View Post
Show me FI in the 6's... Not saying it can't be done just hasn't so far.
So Carb is still kicking ass, simple mechanics to a science..you got to respect that.

Brent Rau 6.87@201 kicking a carb'd car's ass in the other lane

Chivy King- 6.84@193

I'll just give you one example for starters but... modern day Corvette Zo6s makes 500hp and get over 20mpg... Old 70 Chevelle 454SS would be lucky to get 10mpg

How do you even come up with any connection or comparison of an safc and map clamp to dsp and then come up with this statement saying carb being better than fi,... really lol?

Last edited by toofast82; 11-11-2012 at 07:51 PM.
toofast82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #153 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Racerxvsspeedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member Number: 32196
Location: I'm #UNO Sucka
Posts: 3,338
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by toofast82 View Post
Brent Rau 6.87@201 kicking a carb'd car's ass in the other lane
Brent Rau 6.87@201.49 at BIR Show n GO 2009 - YouTube

Chivy King- 6.84@193
Chivy King 6 84 @ 193 MPH NEW RECORD - YouTube

I'll just give you one example for starters but... modern day Corvette Zo6s makes 500hp and get over 20mpg... Old 70 Chevelle 454SS would be lucky to get 10mpg

How do you even come up with any connection or comparison of an safc and map clamp to dsp and then come up with this statement saying carb being better than fi,... really lol?

Those are from 2009 and that's how long it took ...major props... but carb is still running faster.for mpg sure FI is better but all out drag Carb is in the lead. I'm sure FI can do it,just not in the right hands yet!
Now my statement with safc map clamp to dsp or any other for stock turbo.
The piggybacks still put down just as good if not more power, and have the fastest et and trap.
Not saying a dsp or sct can't do it, just hasn't been in the right hands yet!
I'm saying when set up right there is no difference at all, different strokes .
Now at higher hp levels say above 500hp, yeah I would make a switch.
__________________
17x8 245/40/17 ST40 BBK Project TRAIN DONE!11/13/09
04 -E-85 Ported Stock Turbo,Stock cams&Head,Stock Motor,Safc Neo
329.69Hp, 395.77Tq STD 297Hp@6K 320.87Hp, 385.18Tq SAE
Tube V-band,6266,9:1 Cr,E85,Fully Built,Dog Box,Soon!
Racerxvsspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #154 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Rhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member Number: 36794
Location: LOCASH
Posts: 10,624
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Racerxvsspeedracer View Post
Those are from 2009 and that's how long it took ...major props... but carb is still running faster.for mpg sure FI is better but all out drag Carb is in the lead. I'm sure FI can do it,just not in the right hands yet!

Are you kidding me man? Do a search on ANY World Cup Finals at M.I.R and watch all of those super fast FI cars!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Racerxvsspeedracer View Post

Now my statement with safc map clamp to dsp or any other for stock turbo.
The piggybacks still put down just as good if not more power, and have the fastest et and trap.
Not saying a dsp or sct can't do it, just hasn't been in the right hands yet!
I'm saying when set up right there is no difference at all, different strokes .
Now at higher hp levels say above 500hp, yeah I would make a switch.

You can still write a term paper using a type writer, but that's not the most fastest and easiest way right? Nobody's saying you can't go fast using a SAFC, but with today's flash tuners, why would you?

Another thing, I think Nick's stock turbo record has stood so long because up until about a year ago, nobody really gave two shits about breaking it!! SRT's were trending towards big turbo's but now seem to be trending back towards stock turbos?

Why? I believe it's because these cars are going to their 4th and sometimes 5th owners. Those owners are young and broke! Now this is my opinion! It's not a fact.
__________________


Nunca Levanta
A Lotta turbo! Small motor! And a Go Pedal!!

Lets re-grow the community! Subscribe to: www.elralforacingmedia.com
Rhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #155 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
 
duster360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member Number: 45182
Location: Central IL
Posts: 9,846
Default

Nearly every pos piggy back tuned car is/was/ and forever will be a stumbling, erratic, temperamental heap with the worse possible drivability--->Which also describes pretty much ANYTHING with a carburetor. Which also explains why EVERY major Carburetor manufacture, Holley, Demon, Edelbrock, MSD, produce Stand alone EFI replacements, so the carbs can be PITCHED. This is because so many of their customers are used to the near perfect drivability of their EFI daily drivers and refuse to compromise.

Let me be very clear, running a pos piggy back required abandoning any hopes of having the stock tune's drivability. A proper E85 calibration will give great power AND provide completely stock drivability.

BTW,,,Dynos sheet are fun to talk about, but WOT is by far the LEAST form validation of a proper tune or tuning process.
__________________
1025ccInj+ E85/GAS Base tunes =$369
ADD Boost By Gear to Stock, S1/S2/S3 PCM boost control tune for $75
E85+Gas Base tune Combo $150!!
Please EMAIL!!! dave at needlesstorque.com
www.facebook.com/needlesstorque

Last edited by duster360; 11-12-2012 at 09:28 AM.
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #156 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Racerxvsspeedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member Number: 32196
Location: I'm #UNO Sucka
Posts: 3,338
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
Nearly every pos piggy back tuned car is/was/ and forever will be a stumbling, erratic, temperamental heap with the worse possible drivability--->Which also describes pretty much ANYTHING with a carburetor. Which also explains why EVERY major Carburetor manufacture, Holley, Demon, Edelbrock, MSD, produce Stand alone EFI replacements, so the carbs can be PITCHED. This is because so many of their customers are used to the near perfect drivability of their EFI daily drivers and refuse to compromise.

Let me be very clear, running a pos piggy back required abandoning any hopes of having the stock tune's drivability. A proper E85 calibration will give great power AND provide completely stock drivability.

BTW,,,Dynos sheet are fun to talk about, but WOT is by far the LEAST form validation of a proper tune or tuning process.

My " driveability" is perfect no stumbling like you say, I can post a video if you like 750 injectors and E-85 drives better than stock. People don't know how to dial in Ltft,Stft It's easy, can show anyone if they need help.

Now when it comes to drag racing, It's only wot they care about..
I haven't been keeping track of the carb vs the FI battle, so it looks like as of 2009 I am now wrong.
Nothing stays the same forever..
__________________
17x8 245/40/17 ST40 BBK Project TRAIN DONE!11/13/09
04 -E-85 Ported Stock Turbo,Stock cams&Head,Stock Motor,Safc Neo
329.69Hp, 395.77Tq STD 297Hp@6K 320.87Hp, 385.18Tq SAE
Tube V-band,6266,9:1 Cr,E85,Fully Built,Dog Box,Soon!
Racerxvsspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #157 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member Number: 62465
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Posts: 1,681
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Racerxvsspeedracer View Post
My " driveability" is perfect no stumbling like you say, I can post a video if you like 750 injectors and E-85 drives better than stock. People don't know how to dial in Ltft,Stft It's easy, can show anyone if they need help.

Now when it comes to drag racing, It's only wot they care about..
I haven't been keeping track of the carb vs the FI battle, so it looks like as of 2009 I am now wrong.
Nothing stays the same forever..

Well since you're stuck back in 2006 I guess we can't blame you for not knowing what happened in 2009
speedypollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #158 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Boostinfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Member Number: 77511
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,718
Default

a FI V8 with boost = more POWA then FI I4 with Boost.. more torque too. and lets face it, nothing beats a beefed up detroit V8 idle. mmmmm lopey.
Boostinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #159 (permalink)
n00b-SRT
 
Lui-g 21+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Member Number: 90935
Location: Mile High
Posts: 333
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Rhunter View Post

Why? I believe it's because these cars are going to their 4th and sometimes 5th owners. Those owners are young and broke! Now this is my opinion! It's not a fact.

^ trooFF. I bought my first SRT when i was 18. Now, i see them left and right around my town! Of coarse it's young, obnoxious owners THE MAJORITY of the time. That is why there is a speculation of SRT owners being *douche bags* :/


Autoguide.c
Lui-g 21+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #160 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Rhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member Number: 36794
Location: LOCASH
Posts: 10,624
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Boostinfamily View Post
a FI V8 with boost = more POWA then FI I4 with Boost.. more torque too. and lets face it, nothing beats a beefed up detroit V8 idle. mmmmm lopey.

I still editing film from my our last test and tune of the season. But a Local guy makes a pass in his turbo Capri! I'll post a link!
__________________


Nunca Levanta
A Lotta turbo! Small motor! And a Go Pedal!!

Lets re-grow the community! Subscribe to: www.elralforacingmedia.com
Rhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #161 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
toofast82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member Number: 76443
Location: Tinley Park, IL
Posts: 1,027
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Racerxvsspeedracer View Post
My " driveability" is perfect no stumbling like you say, I can post a video if you like 750 injectors and E-85 drives better than stock. People don't know how to dial in Ltft,Stft It's easy, can show anyone if they need help.

Now when it comes to drag racing, It's only wot they care about..
I haven't been keeping track of the carb vs the FI battle, so it looks like as of 2009 I am now wrong.
Nothing stays the same forever..

Throw a set of 1200ccs on pump gas and let us know how the safc works for u then lol.. 750Cc on e85 isnt that much correction on safc
toofast82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #162 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Boostinfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Member Number: 77511
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,718
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Rhunter View Post
I still editing film from my our last test and tune of the season. But a Local guy makes a pass in his turbo Capri! I'll post a link!

is this a late 1950's lincoln capri?
Boostinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #163 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Rhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member Number: 36794
Location: LOCASH
Posts: 10,624
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Boostinfamily View Post
is this a late 1950's lincoln capri?

Nah,

2-door hatch back number. Mercury I think? The film is almost done!
__________________


Nunca Levanta
A Lotta turbo! Small motor! And a Go Pedal!!

Lets re-grow the community! Subscribe to: www.elralforacingmedia.com
Rhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #164 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
 
duster360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member Number: 45182
Location: Central IL
Posts: 9,846
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Boostinfamily View Post
is this a late 1950's lincoln capri?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rhunter View Post
Nah,

2-door hatch back number. Mercury I think?


Its just a fox body "mustang"
__________________
1025ccInj+ E85/GAS Base tunes =$369
ADD Boost By Gear to Stock, S1/S2/S3 PCM boost control tune for $75
E85+Gas Base tune Combo $150!!
Please EMAIL!!! dave at needlesstorque.com
www.facebook.com/needlesstorque
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #165 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Boostinfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Member Number: 77511
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,718
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
Its just a fox body "mustang"

actually.. it was meant to be europe's "mustang" they hoped it would produce similar sales as the mustang in the U.S.
Boostinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 PM.



(C) SRTforums.com

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2