LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Running rich at idle and cruise

Ok so I am running rich all of a sudden but only at cruise and I'm trying to get some suggestions on what could be causing this issue..idle is pretty normal 14.6 to 15.0 sweep. But cruise at 60 in 5th is 14.1 to 14.3 it use to be the same as idle at cruise no matter what speed or gear this happen after changing my iac which went bad what could have caused this I have done no moding that would require a rescale or tune.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 08:59 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
is it affecting your performance?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Garage
Alright guys so I have to bring this thread back up idle I am OK 14.5 to 15 except a weird stumble then right back to normal but my cruise is still off and I can't figure it out.. once I hit a gear and cruise for just a few seconds it's perfect 14.5 to 15 then slowly climbs down to 13.7 to 14.1 ish sometimes even lower in the 13 killing my gas mileage and cant be good for the motor never had this issue before always ran perfect a/f any help would be appreciated..

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:15 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Your "garage" says you have a stage 3 . Is this the complete Mopar stage 3? With the stage 3 fuel pump and rail? Could it be a vacuum issue to the FPR on the rail? Anyone with a stage 3 setup want to chime in?

This thread has a good idea also afr is all over the place
Make sure you don't have the downstream o2 sensor plugged in and hanging outside the exhaust.

Last edited by System_Crash; 05-17-2017 at 08:26 PM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Garage
Yes it is a full mopar stage 3, pump is walboro 255 rewire bottleneck fix aero motive fpr. I just had the vacuum line's all disconnected when I done my clutch and checked them before reinstalling but this problem started before I ripped into the trany so I know I didon't fubar anything there and also just did a lot of wiring repairs in hopes that would fix this issue but didnt...
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Garage
Hmm that's interesting about the 02 zip tied to the chassis the previous owner I'm pretty sure had it zipped tied to the chassis?? I have a wideband that I am guessing toke the place of the ds 02 bung.. why not just remove it completely and would there be any complications in doing so.. and also maybe dumb question but why would it matter if it's still there isn't the narrow and from the wide and feeding the pcm or can that old ds 02 still send a signal of some kind???
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:18 PM
SRTforums Member

The downstream o2 shares the same 5volt wire circuit. If you have it just hanging outside of the exhaust it could be damaged/ get water into it and short. I'd Completely unplug it and re-test. You'll need a custom tune to dis-able the downstream o2 and not set a code. Most people install a "sparkplug de-fouler" between the sensor and the downpipe to keep the CEL off, and have an extra o2 bung installed or buy a downpipe with 2 bungs installed.
HybridKid likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:26 PM
SRTforums Member

I'll add that the downstream o2 does NOTHING except tell the pcm if the catalytic converter is working/installed or not. The engine will not run any different with it unplugged and the code setting. If you get a custom tune to dis-able the downstream o2 I'd cut the wires off of the old sensor connector and heatshrink the ends. That way you don't corrode or get water into the connector. PS: This is all for "offroad use only applications"
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Garage
I'm really starting to wonder if it's not the iac causing these problems this morning I noticed some rpm hang and after letting off the gas the car would pull by itself until until I bliped the throttle could the iac affect cruise as well?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:02 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by System_Crash View Post
I'll add that the downstream o2 does NOTHING except tell the pcm if the catalytic converter is working/installed or not. The engine will not run any different with it unplugged and the code setting. If you get a custom tune to dis-able the downstream o2 I'd cut the wires off of the old sensor connector and heatshrink the ends. That way you don't corrode or get water into the connector. PS: This is all for "offroad use only applications"
Its not 100% true, The wires of secondary O2 sensor are spliced into the first one and therefore they affect reading of first one if still connected to harness. If you dont use secondary O2 sensor-completely unplug it from harness (dont leave it zip tied).
Otherwise your afr is gonna be rich at cruise and lean and wot.

2004 Black Srt-4

Mods:

AGP BFMIC. SDK Downpipe. HONDATA intake manifold gasket.
MOPAR CAI. MOPAR Towerbaces-front,rear. TORQUE SOLUTIONS solid engine and tranny mounts.
AEM afr gauge. N2MB wot box. Fuel pump rewire. Energy Suspension all around polyurethane bushings.
EIBACH lowerring springs. MPX Cath can. SS clutch line. NGK Iridium Spark Plugs gaped at 0.35. Granatelli Spark Plug Wires
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:25 AM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Bogdanowicz View Post
Its not 100% true, The wires of secondary O2 sensor are spliced into the first one and therefore they affect reading of first one if still connected to harness. If you dont use secondary O2 sensor-completely unplug it from harness (dont leave it zip tied).
Otherwise your afr is gonna be rich at cruise and lean and wot.
You just went through a situation like this didn't you? Did you also have to turn the 2nd sensor off with a tune?
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Garage
Alright I will definitely try this after work.. so it's just gonna throw a cel but won't affect anything until I can get a tune and disable the 02 sensor??
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Garage
But I am still wondering if the iac could affect cruise a/f...
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:56 AM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacr11 View Post
But I am still wondering if the iac could affect cruise a/f...
Not likely, more likely TPS if it is sending incorrect voltage for the %/position the plate is actually at.
"Closed Loop" then so all the sensors provide input to the PCM so the proper fuel and ignition is used.
The IAC is controlled by the PCM to let in more or less air in as required to have a proper Idle. Stepper solenoid usually.

Last edited by HybridKid; 05-18-2017 at 10:58 AM.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Garage
Correct but if I'm not mistaken this issue started right after I replaced the iac 6 to 8 months ago is there a chance the iac is holding open too long or lazy causing the pcm to add fuel to compensate for the extra air I actually talked to you about this a while back hybrid when I first replaced the iac and the issue started..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

« Smoking issue | -
User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode