no start and im lost now - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Engine/Turbos/Ignition

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 89857
Question no start and im lost now

just rebuilt the engine put it in and have 05 SRT-4 with new plugs, fresh fuel, stage 2 sensors, stage 2 05 pcm reflashed from flight systems. all vacuum lines are correct. everything is plugged in.got it in started to crank it over and it sputter every once in a while. So i thought the timing was off so i just pulled the covers this morning and the crank is 1 tooth off from the cams, cam lines matched up along with the holes on the cams are straight up. So this wouldnt cause a no start? or what? im going to redo the timing anyways. its getting fuel and spark. but if the ecu was no good or wasnt matched to my vin properly the red light on the gauge cluster would be lite up right? how do we do the key dance for this car? also after cranking it over for a few the check engine light flashes, i plug in my scan tool and no codes come up. But i can view live data and the crank sensor is reading also. maybe the cam magnet????

Im very new to turbo vehicles and own 2 first gens so i have a good knowledge on Neons over all but this is frustrating cause after waiting for 4 year to start my dream car its not firing up and im lost on what else to look for

id be very appreciative of any helpful info since im a newb
RTdodgeneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

found out that the cams were 2.0 cams. so thats the cause. will post an update when it fires and se if any more problems arise
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Talking

so the problem was the cams, fired up the first crank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement