Dodge SRT Forum banner

NEED HELP... PLEASE igniton issues

3K views 53 replies 9 participants last post by  ziggo0 
#1 · (Edited)
so here is my story....

started off i installed aem failsafe, install went very good, every thing worked....
next i tapped #4 injector for rpm signal, i bought these injector clips (<<<click)they were on my car for 800 miles about 6 mth, i notice that # 4 is broken in the middle. upon inspection i find more than 1 messed up.
so i decided to solder the pig tails i got with my fic 1100s. i soldered and heat shrinked all 4 injector clips on. ALL works well go do some pulls notice im .5-.7 richer. Cool right, the other connectors werent making a very good connection. still every thing good.

well using #4 injector the data log of the rpm had a few spikes in it not sure why, car still ran strong. so i decided to use a tach adapter, here is where my prob is.....

so i hook up the tach adapter just like the instructions say and i use the green wire like the how to shows. i cut the wire going to #4 injector tapped up the end temporary to see if the tach adapter was a better option.
tach adapter didnt work. it was soldered and all wired correctly. NO big deal ill just remove it solder the wire back for the coil and continue to use #4 as my rpm signal...

here is where my problems, i hooked up everything back to normal. using #4 for my rpm signal soldered the green wire back to itself. check all wires around to make sure nothing got nicked or melted.... all wire check out fine.

go to start my car and i get a blinking CEL (multi cyl misfire right) car has no throttle reponse and sounds like a broken subaru....

things is checked

all pins in igntion harness,
plug for cam sensor
all 3 wires on ignition harness

i changed

plugs
wire
coil pack mopar one

i still get all the same results. i thought maybe the coil pack dont like the resistance bc of the solder,(if any extra was put) so i used a male and female spade connectors... (looks like crap right now but ill fix it later with soleder if it works)

looks like the only thing that did was keep the cel from flashing. still runs like crap. i bought a spark tester, every cyl is firing....

here alil video

i know installed the tach adapter correctly. i really hope the pcm isnt dead......

See less See more
#3 ·
i went back and unsoldered the green wire and put shielded male and female spade connectors. and now i get NO blinking cel just runs like crap...

no cyl is giving me problems that i can tell.... with the tester the all flash regularly and they all the same brightness

#6 · (Edited)
i did a compression test a week ago(150 across) the last time i drove it. the car ran PERFECT before i install the tach adapter then pulled it back off..

i did unhook the injectors in the video. all make the engine sound like it about to die... u can hear it in the video alil...

fuel pressure is on point

i dont have a leak down tester.....

What are your fuel trims doing? What does the wideband show?

Do a cylinder balance test to see if you can pinpoint the faulty cylinder.
ill have to check the trims, the afr is 14.3 to 14.7 no changes

ill recheck the compression and trim when i get home in 1/2 hr.

#15 · (Edited)
I match it to the same as it was with the stock clips green on right and other wire on left.

Thing is I soldered the injectors weeks ago. Are the injectors even polarity sensitive?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#16 ·
I get very ADD trying to watch videos. lol. I watched what I could.

Injectors are solenoids and will operate either way as long as it has a ground and power.

If you cut both of the coil grounds and swapped them the car will fire back wards. If you only cut one coil wire that won't be a possiblity, but if you cut both it could be.

#19 ·
They all firing tho.

I'm ok with getting a PCM. I just don't want waste a bunch of money.
Only cost me 20 to get the PCM flashed.

Thing is my trims and AFr are normal. Hmm. I don't know.

I think I can get a new harness for cheap from my hookup at the dealer.

I just been way to far than this is making me wanna quit. But I don't quit that ez.

#25 ·
#35 · (Edited)
Well it's not my injectors and it not my PCM and not my coil plugs or wires.

I resoldered the coil wire. Works great. I think my hose which is e85 rates from summit is falling apart. Hmmmm
It clogged #1 injector I clean them out drain the hold system of Fuel refilled it. Primed it back up and it runs great no more Subaru or crappy running. But my fuel is slowly turning black.

Wft!!!!

Any one on e 85 have problem with SS fuel hose? Like it turning ur fuel black?

Or Aem regular crapping out???

#36 ·
Glad you found thr problem. Is it the notorious E85 black goo?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#43 · (Edited)

Left :
Brand new E85
Middle :
I drained the tank and blew out all the lines return and feed but about 3 gallons in tank then after 20 mins of idle and 2 stepping some
Right :
How I found it in the tank! one of the reason my car ran horrible I guess.

I always look in my tank before I fill it up. And NEVER seen this before.

Hmm.

#44 ·

Left :
Brand new E85
Middle :
after 20 mins of idle and 2 stepping some
Right :
How I found it in the tank! one of the reason my car ran horrible I guess.

I always look in my tank before I fill it up. And NEVER seen this before.

Hmm.
Holy Sh*t That's some nasty lookin stuff

#45 · (Edited)
#47 ·
tell me about it yuk, but thing is i was so thrown for a loop bc it all happened at that same time i installed the tach adapter....

which hose you think i should get?

this one?

Summit Racing® PTFE Hose SUM-220985

#49 ·
just got off the phone with FIC. one of my injectors was 20% off from the others, they are FTW.

i said to clean them all, he said he dont think they all need cleaning but the one, if if come higher than the other 3 he will clean all if it was ok with me

great guys to deal with.....

#52 ·
Did you solder the RPM pickup to the green wire on #4? Running the wiring for mine right now, curious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.