Dodge SRT Forum banner

Most popular turbo upgrades for DD?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  abosoxfan4life 
#1 ·
whats the most common turbo upgrade for a daily driver stock block? Something dependable and can push 400hp on pump fuel? What has been proven reliable and make good power

#3 ·
Really dont depend on a turbo for longevity. It's more about your tune & how healthy your block is.
400hp is also going to be different on the different dynos out there. The 400whp you make on a dynojet is going to be 340whp on a mustang dyno ectect. Realistically 320whp is safe on stock "healthy" internals & loads of fun on the street/strip.
I'm not in anyway knocking your goals, just saying that by not making the stock bottomend upset by maxing out at 400whp, leave some room if you want a dependable dd along with periodic inspections & expensive quality oil changes, filter changes, strong clutch set-up ectect.
I'm really digging the evo 8-9 stg3 set-up right now. My choice may change after i rebuild my engine (my oil rings are slowly letting go).....
Good luck on any choice you go with but keep in mind: good engine, clutch, turbo, tune is a good recipe imho

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 · (Edited)
I've had.. Precision 5431 slow spool compared to stock turbo. 3900-4000 RPMS

Now I have a S256 too big of a turbo for stock motor in my opinion.

Both hit really hard when they reach full boost.

For me now the goal is not 400 hp, but perhaps a faster spooling turbo like the S3 or delta 44.

Both of the turbos I've ran are great turbos, but they are more of a 60 mph and up turbos... S 3 and such are more 0 to 110 mph street turbos, which is what I prefer. If you know what I mean...

All this guy's claiming that they get full boost by 3500 on a stock motor on S 256 and such are full of them selfs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Thank you for your reply. Understand dynos are merely tuning tool. I never get to excited over numbers.. E/t times was the proven ground. I plan to build this engine eventual. I have some experience in race engine building... Just new to these turbo engines.. I have made some good.power naturally aspirated.
I have been reading a few hours a day and still dont know all the acronym's lol.. I'm old school tuning by the ime slip.and reading the plugs. So I'm a newbie..

#6 ·
If you want a turbo that spools quick and can be upgradeable in the future I'd look into the new AGP twin scroll manifold setup.

I certainly would waste my money on anything less than a stage 3 turbofold setup with some fuel and a custom tune.

I daily drove a GT3076R on a stock motor and it was great I thought. Full spool around 3800rpms and big top end. It was too much for the stock motor eventually though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.