MAX Stage 3 Horsepower, how much? - Dodge SRT Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member
 
srt4bangr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question MAX Stage 3 Horsepower, how much?

anybody know what is the max horsepower i can juice out of the Mopar stage 3 kit? i dont have a bigger wheel or anything. Although i know that option is available, but i am a college student on a budget.

I still Love JDM

Last edited by srt4bangr; 01-17-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: missing information
srt4bangr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:38 PM
SRTforums Member
 
coors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sanangelo,texas
Posts: 16,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my guess not ever having one is in the high 300s like 380 or so

08 ram
07 ram
2013 journey crew
2012 Yamaha stryker
coors is offline  
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
SRTforums Member
 
sector550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyncoo View Post
my guess not ever having one is in the high 300s like 380 or so
^ With a lot of mods yes, even higher with nitrous!

Stage 3 Installed! E' bom de mais!
sector550 is offline  
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
 
04blusrt_4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Monroe, CT
Posts: 5,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Main power limiter of a stock stage 3 is fuel. Leaning it out a little will gain you about 15hp. Next issue is redline boost, stock it falls off too much, need to hold more to redline, adds another 10hp or so. Last issue of the stock setup is the exhaust, loves to breathe, needs a bigger 02 housing and 3" Turbo back.

Do all those things, you will net around 340-350hp at the wheels.

The big dollar upgrade is the exhaust manifold, it is the biggest hinderence to getting closer to 400hp. Getting an external gate and getting a port and polish will put you around 380hp. Upgrading the wheel itself, well, thats endless depends on your choice.

Stage 3 loves meth, seen it myself. Hits like a raped ape from 3k to 5k (runs high egts stock, meth brings it down to earth).

If you are on a budget (dont know your budget $$) I would try and get a wideband and tuning device like the Diablo sport. You really cant start messing with anything until you can see your AFRs. That will allow you to lean it out a bit and up the boost too.

04 eblue - thx for the memories!!
09 SRT8 Jeep - forged 6.1, looking to get blown?! Paramount trans...violence in a family car
04blusrt_4 is offline  
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
 
04blusrt_4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Monroe, CT
Posts: 5,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sector550 View Post
^ With a lot of mods yes, even higher with nitrous!
Nitrous is not a bad idea, but what i found was the stage 3 turbo with its high egts and higher pressure ratios tends to knock a lot on pump and nitrous. With a 50 shot you can get away with about 17-18psi and 93 pump. Would net around 400hp and about 450wtq.

Still not a bad idea tho...

04 eblue - thx for the memories!!
09 SRT8 Jeep - forged 6.1, looking to get blown?! Paramount trans...violence in a family car
04blusrt_4 is offline  
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
SRTforums Member
 
coors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sanangelo,texas
Posts: 16,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
47lb wheel seems to be the best wheel upgrade

08 ram
07 ram
2013 journey crew
2012 Yamaha stryker
coors is offline  
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 10:09 PM
SRTforums Member
 
TurboMoparGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Street,Maryland
Posts: 3,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4bangr View Post
anybody know what is the max horsepower i can juice out of the stage 3? i dont have a bigger wheel or anything. Although i know that option is available, but i am a college student on a budget.
Full built by the Mopar book stage 3 would be non hom 300/300 hom 350/350. With all the proper modifications I could see 400whp on race gas and high boost being close to the max on the stock S3 compressor wheel due to it's 39lb rating.

Forward Motion 302-658-2829
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html...og/page18.html
Sales@ForwardMotioninc.com
Stock turbo 12.82@107mph DR's untuned
E1 Turbo 12.48@115mph DR's slipping stock clutch untuned
E3 47lb Turbo 1/8 7.92@93.67 1.95 60' 235/60/15 DR's untuned
TurboMoparGod is offline  
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 PM
User Banned
 
NeonDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TB Fl./GSP SC.
Posts: 27,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'll ditto what was said above by TurboMoparGod and add that stock S3 could have been higher if there was 400-500 more RPMs calibrated into the pcm with the proper fuel/etc but that wasnt possible because during R&D of the staged kits it was found that for durability and reliability sake that 6500rpm is the maximum the OEM engine using the Stage 2 or Stage 3 setups can be taken to in order to maintain those criterias. I have personally taken a stock SRT4 engine to 7300rpms on a big wheeled stage 3 car.....the power was still on the rise even when i let off still short by 350rpms of the redline i had set and i dont doubt a stock S3 turbo will make good power on that same engine all the way up to 7250rpm cause thats where the stock cams run out of breath surely the turbo would be getting there too.

Last edited by NeonDan; 01-16-2009 at 10:26 PM.
NeonDan is offline  
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member
 
srt4bangr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blusrt_4 View Post
Main power limiter of a stock stage 3 is fuel. Leaning it out a little will gain you about 15hp. Next issue is redline boost, stock it falls off too much, need to hold more to redline, adds another 10hp or so. Last issue of the stock setup is the exhaust, loves to breathe, needs a bigger 02 housing and 3" Turbo back.

Do all those things, you will net around 340-350hp at the wheels.

The big dollar upgrade is the exhaust manifold, it is the biggest hinderence to getting closer to 400hp. Getting an external gate and getting a port and polish will put you around 380hp. Upgrading the wheel itself, well, thats endless depends on your choice.

Stage 3 loves meth, seen it myself. Hits like a raped ape from 3k to 5k (runs high egts stock, meth brings it down to earth).

If you are on a budget (dont know your budget $$) I would try and get a wideband and tuning device like the Diablo sport. You really cant start messing with anything until you can see your AFRs. That will allow you to lean it out a bit and up the boost too.
Big ups on the info! would i need a return line before turning up the boost with a boost controller (Apex'i), or could i just tune it the way it comes? Also, 04blu, you think maybe slapping on an AGP stage 3 wastgate would help?

I still Love JDM
srt4bangr is offline  
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member
 
srt4bangr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blusrt_4 View Post
Nitrous is not a bad idea, but what i found was the stage 3 turbo with its high egts and higher pressure ratios tends to knock a lot on pump and nitrous. With a 50 shot you can get away with about 17-18psi and 93 pump. Would net around 400hp and about 450wtq.

Still not a bad idea tho...
I know this may make me seem stupid, but what are egt's? exhaust gas...? i dont know, clue me in. Thanks 04blu

I still Love JDM
srt4bangr is offline  
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member
 
srt4bangr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMoparGod View Post
Full built by the Mopar book stage 3 would be non hom 300/300 hom 350/350. With all the proper modifications I could see 400whp on race gas and high boost being close to the max on the stock S3 compressor wheel due to it's 39lb rating.
Hey Turbo, so the S3 has a 39lb? Thats what i was wondering. Any clue on what 1/4 mile track numbers i should be running? My mods are AEM CAI, S3K, MPx fmic, 3" TBE. I want to crank up the power, so i was thinking some drumsticks.

I still Love JDM
srt4bangr is offline  
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 03:54 PM
SRTforums Member
 
TurboMoparGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Street,Maryland
Posts: 3,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4bangr View Post
Hey Turbo, so the S3 has a 39lb? Thats what i was wondering. Any clue on what 1/4 mile track numbers i should be running? My mods are AEM CAI, S3K, MPx fmic, 3" TBE. I want to crank up the power, so i was thinking some drumsticks.
Wait a minute... Do you have a Mopar stage 3 turbo or the PTP S3K turbo? Here is the link to the PTP S3K turbo. PT-Performance.com

Forward Motion 302-658-2829
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html...og/page18.html
Sales@ForwardMotioninc.com
Stock turbo 12.82@107mph DR's untuned
E1 Turbo 12.48@115mph DR's slipping stock clutch untuned
E3 47lb Turbo 1/8 7.92@93.67 1.95 60' 235/60/15 DR's untuned

Last edited by TurboMoparGod; 01-17-2009 at 03:58 PM.
TurboMoparGod is offline  
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member
 
srt4bangr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mopar Stage 3 Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMoparGod View Post
Wait a minute... Do you have a Mopar stage 3 turbo or the PTP S3K turbo? Here is the link to the PTP S3K turbo. PT-Performance.com
Sorry guys, i have a Stage 3 Kit (S3k) by mopar. I guess i had mine info mixed up, sorry guys, guess i should have been really clear. AGAIN I HAVE A STAGE 3 KIT (MOPAR)

I still Love JDM
srt4bangr is offline  
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 06:00 PM
SRTforums Member
 
TurboMoparGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Street,Maryland
Posts: 3,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4bangr View Post
Hey Turbo, so the S3 has a 39lb? Thats what i was wondering. Any clue on what 1/4 mile track numbers i should be running? My mods are AEM CAI, S3K, MPx fmic, 3" TBE. I want to crank up the power, so i was thinking some drumsticks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4bangr View Post
Sorry guys, i have a Stage 3 Kit (S3k) by mopar. I guess i had mine info mixed up, sorry guys, guess i should have been really clear. AGAIN I HAVE A STAGE 3 KIT (MOPAR)
They're way too many variables to even remotely give an idea of what your car would run at the track. Tires, weather, track conditions, how good of a driver you are etc, etc.

Forward Motion 302-658-2829
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html...og/page18.html
Sales@ForwardMotioninc.com
Stock turbo 12.82@107mph DR's untuned
E1 Turbo 12.48@115mph DR's slipping stock clutch untuned
E3 47lb Turbo 1/8 7.92@93.67 1.95 60' 235/60/15 DR's untuned
TurboMoparGod is offline  
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 08:08 PM
SRTforums Member
 
Slow_spool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wellsboro, PA
Posts: 5,467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4bangr View Post
anybody know what is the max horsepower i can juice out of the Mopar stage 3 kit? i dont have a bigger wheel or anything. Although i know that option is available, but i am a college student on a budget.
highest number so far on the stock stage 3 wheel is 438whp and 497wtq

that was done tuning with a d-tec

Project 8's > Redsled > Erabbit
lulz
Slow_spool is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome