Harness Plug help - Page 2 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Engine/Turbos/Ignition

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 82185

there's only one plug for the AC compressor clutch, it is only one coil.

The other plug is for the high pressure switch, it is there somewhere.

It's not going to cause you a problem to run the car without the AC plugged in, I haven't had AC for years now.

Stock intercooler, manifolds, o2 housing, wastegate, and motor.

Best et: 13.4
Best trap: 107
greenneonsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 82185

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/100_7317.jpg

black plug is compressor clutch, green is high pressure switch.

Stock intercooler, manifolds, o2 housing, wastegate, and motor.

Best et: 13.4
Best trap: 107
greenneonsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 56390

Right with you bro, that's what I thought. So I will plug all that up just like you said. I have a question though. If you look at the print I posted of the harness from inside the engine compartment looking out and the wires on the body. If you look where the AC compressor wire is listed (I'll mark it), I have a wire there on my car, and it is currently the one plugged into the AC compressor clutch. Now, I plugged it in there when I installed the AC when we bought the car. However, when I plug the right plug into the clutch(from the harness on the front of the engine), I will have that plug that comes of of the body floating there. Where does that one go??? This is probably not the right diagram for the SRT-4, since having two sets of AC wiring is absurd, I am only using it now for location reference of my 'extra' plug.

Coming soon:3" Full SEE, Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifolds, DC Sports strut tower bars,Large intercooler w/crash bar,More fuel,Better clutch
branpowell606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88522

There is the clutch and high pressure switch on the compressor itself. Clutch on the front and switch between the compressor and engine. You also have your coolant temp sensor on the thermostat housing. Also a connector on the fan towards the bottom pass side of the fan unit.

Looking at the wiring diagram again...is it possible you have an R/T harness? The R/T has another connector coming off the same harness in the same vicinity as the A/C clutch connector. It's for the manifold tuning valve solenoid which was exclusively on the R/T package. There are 2 wires... BR/YL....BK. Hope this helps.

BTW....I'm just throwing out ideas....not a expert by any means but I've been working with another guy on here sorting out a mess of unplugged wires from a horrible swap.
3" Catless TBE, 3" O2 housing, AEM UEGO wideband, JMB hot/cold hardpipes, Greddy Type-S BOV, MPx 55mm Throttle Body, EBay BFMI, DCR big oil filter kit, DCR oil modifier, MSD 8.5mm wires, AEM SRI, Foward Motion WGA, 180* thermostat, Maddog STS, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 1 springs/stock struts, stock turbo on PCM boost

Last edited by Bossy; 01-23-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Add
Bossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement