Harness Plug help - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Engine/Turbos/Ignition

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 56390
Default Harness Plug help

Ha, sorry for the stupid questions. I am trying to restore someones drag srt4 to street drivable. The engine setup is fine, but I am having to install back the AC and PS. I got everything installed I think, but I have one connector that I can't seem to find where it connects to. The plug that ties into the back of the AC pump has another plug coming off the harness about 8 inches up from the AC, I cannot for the life of me find where it goes. I did not disassemble the car, so it's not like I took it apart and forgot. Thanks in advance.
Coming soon:3" Full SEE, Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifolds, DC Sports strut tower bars,Large intercooler w/crash bar,More fuel,Better clutch
branpowell606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 82185

A pic of the connector would help, and how many wire?

Off the top of my head the connectors on the front of the engine would be coolant temp sensor, AC compressor, knock sensor and rad fans check and make sure all of those are plugged in

Stock intercooler, manifolds, o2 housing, wastegate, and motor.

Best et: 13.4
Best trap: 107
greenneonsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRT of the Month

Member Number: 32888
Lifetime Premium Member

Is it the knock sensor plug?

Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks
underSRTarmor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Hmm, Okay, I'll check. I know I plugged in the AC on the back, and the sensor on the top. The rad fans are also plugged in. I thought the knock sensor was near the top of the block, on the front close to the cams. I know it's not the temp sensor, if that's the plug in the Thermostat housing. It's a two wire plug I think. Seems to be floating right about on the top of the starter for now, under the intake manifold. I thought I saw one more plug that was plugged right into the front of the block around there, but again, it was a mated plug and sensor. I will try to get a picture tomorrow if I can.
Coming soon:3" Full SEE, Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifolds, DC Sports strut tower bars,Large intercooler w/crash bar,More fuel,Better clutch
Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRT of the Month

Member Number: 32888
Lifetime Premium Member

Harness Plug help-imageuploadedbyautoguide1356993112.929819.jpg

Right above the T (on srt written in yellow on my block)is the knock sensor.

Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks
underSRTarmor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Ahh, I probably could not see that for the intake mani. I will look again, Thanks a lot! I was thinking of the Camshaft position sensor I think?? Whatever it was, mine went bad a few years back, that's the only reason I remember it at all.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Okay, I looked at the plugs again today, and the knock sensor IS plugged in. I will post a few pics, the first is the knock sensor, the second is the fan, the third is a pic of the plug in question, and the fourth is a simple diagram of the wiring to help ID the plug. The Thermostat housing plug and the AC compressor plugs are in also. The plug is on the same line as the ac, thermostat and knock sensor, in between the AC and Thermostat plugs. I hope that is more helpful in IDing it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by branpowell606; 01-04-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

lol sorry completely forgot on the first post

It's the crank sensor, right above the structural collar is the sensor. Bit of a pain to get to with the intake in the way but you can reach.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Is this it???
Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

yes sir 3 wire connector

Old 01-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Okay. I had the chance to look it all over again. Nope. It is Not the crank position sensor. That sensor plug is in the same line of wires, but it is 5th from end, right on the other side of the knock sensor. That plug is plugged in on my car. The plug I am trying to find the sensor to is two wires. Is there anyone that can look on their cars to see where the plug in my diagram goes? I am really at a loss. I have not started the car yet, still installing the turbo and exhaust. I guess worst case, I can start it with the plug loose, and hope it throws a code to give me an idea of where this thing goes. Thanks for all the ideas, and please don't stop if anyone has another.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

do you have both connectors on the AC compressor plugged in? there's a pressure switch and a compressor clutch plug

Old 01-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I do, however...

Remember, I had to find an AC and install blind, since it was stripped out when the car was bought. I saw two plugs on the compressor, one small green one opposite the pulley, and one black one almost right on top of the pulley. IIRC they are both plugged in, however, the one on the top of the pulley is Not from that string of wires. The plug that was closest to the sensor when I installed it was right beside the radiator and intercooler, pulling from that area instead of the wires on the front of the engine under the intake manifold. I think that both plugs will fit, so if I got the wrong plug plugged in, and I switch it out, where does the plug I pulled off the AC compressor go???? Like I said, it is beside the radiator and intercooler, with nothing I can see else to plug into.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I tried to swap the plugs on the AC clutch sensor. The plug I keep asking about doesn't reach the sensor. So I guess it's not supposed to go there and I left the one plugged in that was already plugged there that comes from the direction of the intercooler on the passenger side. Any more ideas at all?? Can someone look at their car and tell me where it goes?? And I gonna explode something if I can't figure it out and try to start the car??
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Ha ha! Okay, now I am still confused. I have found two diagrams. I will post them. First is the engine and harness, second is the engine compartment from the inside. There is a AC compressor clutch plug on both!!! I am pretty certain I only have one AC compressor clutch plug, sooooo, What do I do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement