Dodge SRT Forum banner

First Time owner, Need some pointers.

953 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  nv.srt 
#1 ·
Hey guys, names tyler.

Just bought my 04 SRT Neon over the weekend. Has some kinks like every other used car should. It's at 99,506 right now. As far as I know this is what's been done.

AEM cold air intake, big bov don't know the name, upgraded FMIC, Stage 3 clutch and flywheel, short throw shifter, resonator mid pipe to a mid body dump, diablo sport predator tune, wing delete, race suspension (fixed), front and rear struts aka no wheel hop when I blow 1st and 2nd gear like it's nothing, and gay town fair tire rims.

Now either my boost guage is messed up or im pushing over 30 PSI of boost. When I go full throttle it back fires and lags like a champ like the fuel flow is restricting itself.

I wanna know how to turn the boost way the hell down.

Don't give me crap for not knowing this stuff either, slowly learning along the way. Thanks Guys

#5 ·
Welcome aboard.
1) Look and see what is controlling the boost, a stock turbo spooling to 30lbs is unheard of. - if diablo plug it in and change the tune.
2) Was the car big turbo and swapped back to a stocker to sell? if so the tune could be set for the old turbo causing all of the issues.
3) Is it backfiring or detonating from a lean situation? - get an A/F gauge
4) Don't go balls to the wall until you get this sorted out.. or BOOM

#7 ·
Boost gauge is toast if it's sitting at anything other than 0 when the car is off. Get a new boost gauge and see where it's at... anything over 22 psi on a stock turbo is retarded...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.