Dodge SRT Forum banner

Borg Warner 252sx-e

15K views 53 replies 10 participants last post by  OffTheWall 
#1 ·
Have been looking at this turbo the last few weeks and there isn't really much info out there as far as real world experience with it. Does anyone have any experience with it yet? Probably picking this up in the twin scroll form next Friday..

#5 ·
Did a compression test few months ago before I removed the 20G, all compression was within a few % of each other and I wanna say 160 high and 157 low.. But of course that doesn't mean it won't pop long after. Would be running e85 for sure. Put down 392 and 421 with the old 20G at 26psi on e85.

S256 was my first choice just saw the new line of turbos bw just brought out and the 252 caught my eye...

#6 ·
I almost went with one of the 200SX line of BW when I was shopping for my turbo, but couldnt find anyone who ran any of them besides an s256 and above. I went with PTE instead haha

#8 ·
You should! A member of my group has got a s251 and I was pumped to see what power it made, but his car blew on the dyno. Order it up and post some pics!

#11 ·
Appreciate the feed back Nacho... That's pretty much the numbers I'm shooting for but mainly reliability as the Hahn turbo was not reliable for me.

#14 ·
Sort of - it's for any turbo car - when you overspin @ a certin PSI, you can tell based off prior data that you in fact have a leak in the intake tract - if it has to spin harder to make 20psi, it's pushing out a hole somewhere.

So it's important to set your baseline, turbo speed numbers when the intake tract and exhaust tract are sealed properly. then you will know if something is off, just not which side...

#15 ·
Ahhhh so really just a waste of money... Sensor is like $150 then you have to get whatever gauge to read it or hook it up through the laptop.

#16 ·
Alright just ordered the 252 sxe with the .75 twin scroll housing... Ben said it should be a killer turbo for the stock block and head with huge power through out the rpm range... I'll post picks when it gets here.

#19 ·
I talk to Ben before I put the order in and he claims its fine with the .75. Says it's a killer turbo.... Guess we'll see

#21 ·
My s200sx-rs-51 w/ .48 housing put down 360/420 @ 24-22psi on e85, lowerish timing - stock motor/head with a bit of a KR issue - I imagine this turbo will do quite a bit better

#22 ·
I hope it does around 380 with 22-23 psi.. Plenty enough for me without pushing the turbo to hard. Still not a lot out there regarding the this turbo, can't find anything on it really...

#23 ·
Finally....

Attachments

#28 · (Edited)
No break in for a turbo required. IMHO

Just make sure to prime it before startup, I pour oil or assembly lube down the oil feed hole. Some people will leave the air filter off at startup and hold the compressor wheel to prevent spinning and to make sure there is oil pressure before releasing it. Wear leather or cloth gloves as the blades can cut you, not latex or vinyl.

#30 ·
I've heard otherwise. Something like idle it until engine gets warm. Drive for 50ish miles no boost. Then start at 5lbs then 10lbs then 15lbs etc. My buddy got his oe unit rebuilt a while ago and didn't break it in and it started smoking in like 30 miles. I could be wrong though. Do prime it like you said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.