Dodge SRT Forum banner

Big Turbo HELP!

3K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  Najeem_SRT 
#1 · (Edited)
My SRT4 want to boost pass the stock psi but hits the wall once it hits 15psi. I'm trying to figure out is it because the MAP/TIP, mainly fuel delivery, or both.

50 Trim Turbo
BFMIC
NGK 4306 gapped @ .35
Wideband @ idle 14.5 - 14.7
@ WOT definitely not 11s
Hahn Racecraft port fueler = 8 injectors
HKS BOV
Aluminum Radiator
HKS EBC

Etc... I do have a DSP Intune but I haven't really played with it.

#14 ·
Yes, BUT the PCM still sees the stock sensors are going into overboost territory and will try to cut back spark, timing and fuel to save the car.
Unless I am missing something about the port fueler.
Is there some thing in your setup that is 'tricking' the PCM from seeing 'actual' boost, so it doesn't try to cut power?

#15 ·
It does have a box for it but idk exactly what it does I checked on Modern Performance about it and it eliminates the need for a fuel pump & injectors but I guess i just need to see exactly how it's wired.

And when you say stock sensors are you talking about the MAP/TIP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
i could be wrong but i am fairly sure anyone running big turbo should have 3bar Map and Tip sensors. the only thing i see missing on your setup would be the 3bars and a proper tune. otherwise, as stated above, remove the portfueler and get a nice set injectors from dave and a good tune.

side note, does the portfueler use something similar to a map clamp? i think so..

#19 ·
I'm not sure what you mean about map clamp.... But ill definitely get the sensors soon and a DSP tune and see what happens. Because it seems more like its the sensors but also i don't think my boost is controlled by the PCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Correct, the Boost is not being controlled by the PCM because you have the HKS boost controller. The PCM, Will see the sensor outputs and try to cut power by manipulating the spark and fuel.
A MAP Clamp is used to trick the PCM that the boost is lower than it actually is; Example: it tells the PCM the voltage for say 10 PSI when the system is actually experiencing 15.

If you ever decide to get rid of the Hahn stuff, I maybe interested in the hardware, like the rail and spacer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.