Dodge SRT Forum banner

--- afr cruise and jerking...

4K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  travissrt14150 
#1 ·
Alright I'm pretty damn handy when solving technical issues however this one is out of my hands...

As I idle I get a misfire that causes afrs to jump from low 14's to high 15's.
Cruising causes same symptoms however, today as well as select few day my afrs will go 17+or --- causing very rough jerking at cruising speeds...

I have a fuel pressure gauge and while the car is off I checked it after 30 minutes it was at >10 psi at the rail.
Cannot test wot pressure as the hose isn't long enough for me to see while driving.

I have 3 bar map/tip,
1025cc injectors w/duster tunes.
Typhoon cai
255 pump
New 4306 at .35
New autozone wires
New o2 sensor from autozone ( to see if that was the issue )... Still using with no changes
Swapped coil pack to msd just to try it (and yes it's brand new) no changes.
Stock boost solenoid setup w/ stock wga.
Stock fpr?

I have checked for vacuum leak and fixed two at injector o rings, and at homemade catchcan.
Nothing is working..

Someone suggested exhaust leak near upper o2 sensor but how likely can that cause as severe a condition that I'm having?
I sucked sea foam into intake manifold and saw a bunch of smoke coming from heat shield area however, the shields were on so I couldn't pin point it ( wga rod leak from exhaust manifold too) so It could've been that but is normal to leak from there..

Please chime in... Before I drive the car into a wall...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Have you scanned for codes? If you don't have a dsp try switching the ignition on 3 times and the codes will show up in your dashboard (if any). If an specific cylinder is causing the problem you will see a p030X code where X will be the cylinder that is misfiring. P0300 is random misfire. If you can trace down the misfire to a specific cylinder try switching injectors from one cylinder to another and see if the code changes to a different cylinder, also try switching spark plugs. Random Cylinder can be caused by a faulty coil pack.
I'm no expert but I had a similar condition in my car and after checking everything it turned out to be the fuel pump, when my gas tank was full I would get no misfires but when the level got close to 3/4 I would start getting them again. How long has your wally been in there?

#4 ·
Along with this Astro I can tell you it isn't anything obvious such as codes or the like, My list literally covered most of every possible cause of a misfire and still persists...

So. :/
Any other help is appreciated, will start working on car again this weekend so please rack your brains with me here.

#7 ·
As of right now I haven't. Last night I put a thick layer of copper rtv around the area of the exhaust leak but I had to use the car so I think it burnt off while I was driving because it didn't cure. Car seemed fine while it was still on however.
I have permatex exhaust and tailpipe puddy I'm going to put on next. It's good up to 2000 degrees so this won't burn off.
I do also believe it could be the tps wire seeing how it may be original. But I have no cel and my idle isn't bad at all only the misfire. So I'm not sure.
I'll be doing the puddy in a few hours I'll let you know how it goes.

#11 · (Edited)
Still haven't figured out my problem and as you can see the post of this thread it's been awhile...
Fixed all exhaust leak except minor leak at turbo flange, and wastegate on exhaust manifold.
Just replaced timing belt, water pump, and idler.
along with all the other things I posted in my original post. I have wiggles the tps and iac wires hoping for fluctuation but got nothing.
Someone please any idea would be great.
The car runs a lot better when it's colder outside. When it's hot or engine heats up misfire gets really bad.
Also if I cruise to a stop in nuetral the car will misfire just as bad even sometimes going --- when this happens the car sometimes shuts off If I'm not in gear.
Edit: I also switched out the intake manifold gasket.

#17 ·
Normally lean spikes.

I was checking voltage supply to everything in car when I noticed my tps wire was deformed from heat it seemed. Anyway I yanked a little too hard I guess and messed up the connexion...

Whether it was going bad already or not idk but if it was going bad that may have been causing my issue getting the rewire kit in a few day.. Here's hoping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.