Dodge SRT Forum banner

2004 Srt4 won't go over 3500rpm acts like limiter.

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  SRT4KUNCE 
#1 ·
2004 Srt4 recently its been getting worse, it use to just be once in a while now its all the time. Car won't go over 3500rpm at all. Runs perfect up until that point! I have Installed brand new CPS and CMP sensor with the CMP magnet. still no change!! also swapped map sensors with a friend that was known good, and installed new wires, coil, and plugs!! any other help would be awesome! :( been fighting this issue for the last month.. No codes at all

#3 ·
Fuel...if you don't have any other issues.

What is your fuel pressure when the car acts up? If you don't have an in-car gauge, borrow a gauge from autozone and put a long piece of tubing on it and tape it to the windshield if you have to.

#5 ·
I've measured manual fuel oressure and it's 1psi per 1psi it's set at 58 without vacuum sits at 52 with vacuum and I've unplugged my 02 thinking that if I unplugged it it would just read off of long fuel trims.. Right now I'm going over all my grounds and redoing them.. I've found out if I unplug my alternator it doesn't do it anymore..

#6 ·
And I did have a wot box, but I uninstalled it (just cut it out) because I thought this was the issue.. I don't think it could have blown a fuse or anything and cause this issue could it?? I wouldn't think so! I even thought the alternator was causing an rf frequency messing up a signal.. So I replaced the rfi filter on the head and got a new alternator lol.. Ugh!! This is kicking my butt!!!!!

#13 ·
Ya it's brand new, I've replaced crank sensor, and swapped a buddy his map sensor and his cam sensor with magnet no change.. I havnt tried tp sensor but idk why that would have a 3500 lean spike then come out of it at 4k.. But I'm gonna throw my 044 pump in this week and do a rewire and go from there I'm still mind boggled by this lol

#14 ·
update, pump didn't fix anything, installed another new coil and it seems to have made it better, but not fixed! Sometimes vehicle will cut out and act like a limiter extreamly bad and other times it will just barely spudder then come right back out of it. I have done everything to my knowledge other then a throttle position sensor. Im not sure if this could have an effect on that but that's really all that's left. Along with my ect sensor and speed sensor. But my guage reads ok for both. I have had an occurrence where the car seems to drive its self after highway driving at a steady throttle position. Unless I shut the car off and start it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.