cleaning wax residue on trim - Page 4 - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
try pissing on your car. i know it sounds far fetched, but sometimes i clean my car strictly with piss. just make sure that you rinse really well, or all the loose dogs in town will look at your car like a moving fire hydrant

2004 red srt-4, hand full o'bolt-ons, stage 0 4ever bytches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 05:27 PM
SRTforums Member

take it from from a detailer in a body shop, cheapest easiest way--glass cleaner with ammonia in it. the ammonia eats the wax right off. all the other stuff, wd-40, peanut butter(???) ect make your car dirty again, wd-40 puts silicone on your car and can possibly damage your finish
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 04:54 PM
SRTforums Member

the back to black works just fine for me!

05 srt-4
post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:39 AM
SRTforums Member

Those white residue problems are a thing of the past, if you have that problem rest assure you are using the wrong brand of wax.
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 08:54 AM
User Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Wax
Those white residue problems are a thing of the past, if you have that problem rest assure you are using the wrong brand of wax.

Please elaborate...

post #51 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 09:44 AM
SRTforums Member

Some products have certain quality's in it that completely eliminate that problem, in fact you can go over and over on the trim and all you have to do is wipe it off, in addition.

Like anything else in the market place, all products seek their own level of justification based on the cost of producing the product and the quality of the ingredients in the product. some products were never intended to compete with the $3.99 products in the market simply because there is no comparison between the products, either in performance or quality of manufacture, however not all high end products are able to go over trim and leave zero residue.

A common characteristic of the lesser cost products in the market is the unusually high content of solvents in the product. High content solvent products will give a quick shine, that is true, but this will not last and through prolonged use of products like these will cause the paint to deteriorate and become dull on the surface.

Then after a while you will hear, that surface is so dull, I guess it needs to be buffed out. So, let's start out correctly by applying a coating to the surface that does what it is supposed to do and that is to protect the surface and give a long lasting shine.

Now if you have a product that performs very well, don't leave any white residue and protects you car finish,

Why will you want to use a product that you need to use another product to help the first product ?

It makes no sense, but since there's so many low quality products out there, some company's have found the need to make a product to address the problems of other products, prime example, white residue on trim.

Hope that helps
post #52 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 04:24 PM
SRTforums Member

any type of tar/wax remover should do it, careful with it though it can dull the rubber if you get too happy with it, if that does happen (or if you just wanna use it to make the rubber look better) meguiars vinyl/leather cleaner and conditioner 40 is awesome, wont leave black marks in your door jambs
post #53 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 12:56 PM
SRTforums Member

i got the fix lol a BIG BLACK SHARPIE PERMANENT MARKER LOL WORKS WONDERS!!!

i might try that wal mart stuff...

*2005 SRT-4
MODS:
Mopar 3 inch cold air intake
Fade's '05 TIP Mod
apexi neo fuel controller(tuned by topspeed of atlanta thanks)
msd 8.5 plug wires
slow boy racing wga (16 psi)
Greddy catch can
Greddy turbo timer
Custom 3' side exit exhuast
Prosport boost gauge
8000k quick whips hid kit

numbers as of 5/16/07
265hp and 273trq
post #54 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 06:13 PM
SRTforums Member

windex

Currently:
Mopar STS(booger bushings)
Agp mm
S1
S2 wga
Eibach Pro Springs
3" with electronic cutout

Future:
Koni's
Enkei's
Perrin FMIC
post #55 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 08:50 PM
SRTforums Member

i'm gonna have to go with the pencil eraser too. it does get eaten up pretty quick but it's cheap and it works.

05 SRT-4
-Mopar stg3, Mopar BOV, sts, exhaust, CTI hotside pipe, JBM cc, Maxxfab dp w/ cat, AEM uego wideband, Aeroforce gauge-
post #56 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 12:01 AM
SRTforums Member

I found using dish detergent then after a good rince. to use some back to black. works like a charm.

Cars, Love em all!
post #57 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 01:03 AM
SRTforums Member

i know, i know, thread reserection FTW! but for the love of god people, stop spraying shitty cleaners, oils, and chemicals on your molding and mirrors....use a hard plastic bristol brush. the same texture as a hard tooth-brush but get a big one (chances are you probly have about 2 in your house for no reason) start rubbing and the dryed wax flakes off. after that, just wash the part off with soap and water.

did this to many cars, work amazing, fast , and free....one srt had the wax on the mirror for over a year and it fell right off....

or you can heat up peanut butter and spread it on while spraying a mixture of WD-40, back to black, armor-all, quick detailer, 303 areospace, windex, bug/tar remover, and palmolive dish soap, wipe that off and cover it all up with a big black permenant marker dipped in piss

Last edited by Ramsst; 09-01-2007 at 01:11 AM.
post #58 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM
SRTforums Member

toothbrush and degreaser.
post #59 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
SRTforums Member

Meguir's back to black is awesome but can stain your paint so be very careful and clean up any you get on the paint . I would not use dish soap or Simple Green on the trim . If it get's on the paint it will remove the wax you just put on . I use Meguir's natural shine rubber and vinyl protectant . I just wipe away the left over that get's on the paint with a clean terry cloth towel . Or the other stuff I use is Sprayway Instant shine . It's professional stuff that pro's can get from Pro auto care . It works awesome and last's for about 2 to 3 weeks even with a good washing . For the absolute best result when waxing your car use masking tape one the trim and any where else you don't want the wax to get to . Then you don't have to do any thing to get it off your car .....

BTW : If you get some extra wax in some tight spaces ( door jams, around the spoiler, Ect. ) use a 1" cheapy wood handle paint brush and cut the bristles off at about 1" at an angle and then wrap masking tape around the metal part of the brush to protect your paint from scratches . You can also use this brush to detail the interior of your car like the vent's and small cracks on the dash and door panels.

04 SRT-4 Flame Red , SPITFIRE !!! To much to list so I'll just say shotin for high 11's

Last edited by SRT-4 FIRE; 10-02-2007 at 07:35 PM.
post #60 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 07:20 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuners View Post
a little rubbing alcohol to get it off, and some typr off a dash cleaner. like a champ.

rubbing alcohol didnt work for me.

Juice

SRT-4 enthusiast.

2003 Dodge Neon SE -- 223639 neon built

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkit18
srt4s ain't no typical neon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page