Dodge SRT Forum banner

Best car soap?

11K views 72 replies 34 participants last post by  RuizGT 
#1 ·
I have a Black SRT and I keep it waxed all year long so I'm looking for a good car soap i can get at like Autozone or something that is really good for dark paint and will keep my car looking new. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
I say soap is soap. Theres some that are designed not to take the wax off your car and some that are stronger and will. Soap will not act as a wax or polish so it doesnt matter what color you use it on it wont make the color look any better. I use Meguiars but ive used dawn dish wash soap whenever I washed it at my house and to tell you the truth... I didnt see any difference. Dawn is harsher than your regular car wash soap though.

#12 ·
Mothers and Meguiars are two good over the counter brands. If youre not going to spend the money for anything more expensive, youll be fine sticking with either of these two (I prefer Meguiars between the two). Many people who spend thousands of dollars a year on detailing products still use the Gold Class soap. While my collection isnt quite in to the thousands, I still use it too.

#11 ·
Two bucket method, as the name implies, mean you use two buckets when washing the car. One bucket with your soap, the other just water. You use the bucket without the soap to clean off dirt from the sponge before dipping it back in your bucket with the soap. This greatly reduces the chance of you getting your soap water dirty, which would put swirls in your paint. Sometimes my water bucket will have so much dirt in it I cant see the bottom of the bucket (usually if its been raining for a week and havent been able to wash my car). Grit guards are another product great for reducing the chance you swirl your paint when washing. It is a grill that sits in the bottom of the bucket, an inch or two high, that lets the dirt particles settle to the bottom underneath the grill.

#19 ·
Love your thinking homie!

Two Bucket Method:
How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar style!)

i washed my ride like this after the first time i saw this.. i didnt go out and buy the setup that you can from autopia.org.... i just improvised with my own...

after waxing the first time and using this method. i noticed a huge difference in time difference in which i needed to re-wax my ride i.e. scratches swirls...

#33 ·
Enjoy! I got the Wolfgang Fuzion (serial #1829) for Christmas! Along with a PC 7424XP, some Lake Country pads, Pinnacle XMT #2 polish, Pinnacle XMT Finishing Glaze, 4 Dodo Juice wax samplers, Meg's clay bar refill, and some other stuff! Getting ready to place an order for the other 3 XMT polishes, Wolfgang Sealant 3.0, Detailer's Pride Shampoo, more Lake Country pads, and either Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz or Pinnacle Crystal Mist. I need more stuff!

Oh yeah OP, Meguiar's finally released Ultimate Wash & Wax. You can order it online or wait until it hits the shelves. Gold Class is still my go to for car soap but this stuff sounds promising. If you read about it, sounds like a hybrid of NXT 2.0 soap and Gold Class.

#28 ·

#43 ·
I wash my car at the self-serve carwash everytime because I have a well at my house. I just handwash/dry/wax it there. There is a sign that says no bucket washing, but nobody ever bothers me because I keep money in the meter to keep the water flowing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.