Ways to reduce wheel hop - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 23759
Default Ways to reduce wheel hop

Ok, seems like there's two main ways to go here: upgraded lower control arm bushings (both the urethane kind and the solid bushings like the Rage-tek kit) and/or traction bars (2 bar and 4 bar or H-brace setups). I didn't include mounts/inserts because they will help either way (right?). From a price/performance perspective (and also considering ease of installation, as I'll be putting them in myself) what is the best setup. Car is a daily driver, so i'm looking at steet use. Guide me. If you have one of these setups, tell me why you chose the one you chose.
SiMiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2006, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 26313

I have the Control arm bushings and they did not help much for me.
Stage 2, MaxxFab SEE w/o cat, K&N CAI,Ported Intake Mani, LFS 60mm tb, AGP MM, Prothane LCA bushings, Mopar STS, $20 CC, ptp CV, N1 coilovers, Apexi TT, DC Front and Rear Strut Bars, Falken Hanabi Wheels.
05SlvrSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 23759

Thanks for the reply. Do you have the solid LCA bushings or the urethane ones?
SiMiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 31597

Honestly try moving the seat up as much as you can, move the passenger seat up as much as you can, take as much weight out of the back, and see if that helps. That's what I do at the track, and although wheel hop is still an issue, it's not nearly as bad as when I was gangster leaning both seats with a spare tire in.
LondonSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
AC_
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 14514

Race Prothane motor mount inserts.... Best $25 and 30 minutes of my time spent on this car yet!!!!
AC_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 39433

i just got the 4- bar setup, its a very nice set, fairly easy to install, but hard to do on the ground,i gave up and did it the next day at work in the air,you have to adjust them a couple times to fine tune em but i think i got it right today, we'll see at the track tomorrow(weather permitting) i tested em on the way home a couple times and i didn't feel any hop at all
weav343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by SiMiD

I have the lca bushings.
Stage 2, MaxxFab SEE w/o cat, K&N CAI,Ported Intake Mani, LFS 60mm tb, AGP MM, Prothane LCA bushings, Mopar STS, $20 CC, ptp CV, N1 coilovers, Apexi TT, DC Front and Rear Strut Bars, Falken Hanabi Wheels.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 32838

I just put in AGP dog bones last week and its great . But you do loose ride quality almost to the point of not wanting to run the air con. But how cares no wheele hop....
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
04inred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 42629

Quote: Originally Posted by weav343
i just got the 4- bar setup, its a very nice set, fairly easy to install, but hard to do on the ground,i gave up and did it the next day at work in the air,you have to adjust them a couple times to fine tune em but i think i got it right today, we'll see at the track tomorrow(weather permitting) i tested em on the way home a couple times and i didn't feel any hop at all

can someone link to these? Sorry, I'm a noob and can't find them. Also, how much affect on driveability does this mod make?
Annihilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 11681

Quote: Originally Posted by 05SlvrSRT

I have the lca bushings.

^^^^Re-read what he is asking and respond please. There are differnt types of LCA bushings.
Best 1/4 11.865/116
^^Stock Turbo no n2o

"RIP" 3147 10.93@128.58 25psi 7.099/103.54
11.05 pump gas
dansrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 11681

Glacial Graphics sells the 4 bar set up. Its the best one on the market hands down. He is also a vendor on here just go to the supporting vendor section and look him up. 4bar set up and prothane bushings would be a nice set up.....4bar and agp dogbones even better
Best 1/4 11.865/116
^^Stock Turbo no n2o

"RIP" 3147 10.93@128.58 25psi 7.099/103.54
11.05 pump gas
dansrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 42629

Quote: Originally Posted by dansrt4
Glacial Graphics sells the 4 bar set up. Its the best one on the market hands down. He is also a vendor on here just go to the supporting vendor section and look him up. 4bar set up and prothane bushings would be a nice set up.....4bar and agp dogbones even better

thanks for the info! just curious, which one will be better for driveability? I have to drive ~10 hours to go to college, and then return trips and whatnot, I don't want something that will rattle the hell out of me lol
Annihilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 17495

The only thing I haven't tried yet is the traction bars,
Currently I'm running prothane race inserts(MM), Prothane Poly LCA bushings, Performance autowerks chassis brace, (front section only), Hotchkis sway bars(I really don't think these affected wheel hop, but to be fair I'm listing all suspension stuff.) DC sports front strut tower brace, (Ditto)
and Tein SS CO's.
I did most of this one step at a time, and at basically stock power levels, each thing reduced wheel hop, but it really wasn't gone until I got the CO's and carefully adjusted them.
I can't speak to the traction bars, but don't get your hopes up too far with anything but Dampening adjustable coilovers. They are all great suspension mods, and my car launches and corners like nothing I've ever owned now, but I haven't seen any of the "miracle mods" completely eliminate wheel hop.

Just my $.02

BTW, as far as drivability,
MM inserts made it noisy inside the car, but that's about the only complaint I have.
The only other annoying thing I encountered is, at least until they wear-in a bit, poly stuff is squeaky and the car "groans" alot for lack of a better term.
i took my car in yesterday for the regular warranty and everything and i said fuck why dont u guys put it on they wanted to charge me way to mu ch so im gonna try to do it myself any suggestions or help u guys can give me

Last edited by UncleMunz; 06-23-2006 at 06:22 PM.
UncleMunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by dansrt4
Quote: Originally Posted by 05SlvrSRT

I have the lca bushings.

^^^^Re-read what he is asking and respond please. There are differnt types of LCA bushings.

oops...i just totally over read that....i have the urethane ones.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 3149

We've had absolutely no complaints on our setup since it's initial release months ago. The only cases of wheelhop have been road surfaced induced and they're quite happy because the bars smooth it out very fast
Glacius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement