Typical cost for rear strut/strut mount replace? - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 18248
Default Typical cost for rear strut/strut mount replace?

I have had a terrible squeaking in the Drvers side rear and a local brake/strut shop said it was the rear struts and strut mounts. they quoted $425, but then claimed they "have to get them from the dealer" and dont know what the cost will be till they speak to the dealer. I looked up the parts on the internet and it looks like standard strut/mount price is about a hundred a side, so its $225 in labor. I was told its only a 1.5 hour job, so is that $425 quote high?

Thanks!

Dan
fordconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 23966

Quote: Originally Posted by fordconvert View Post
I have had a terrible squeaking in the Drivers side rear and a local brake/strut shop said it was the rear struts and strut mounts. they quoted $425, but then claimed they "have to get them from the dealer" and dont know what the cost will be till they speak to the dealer. I looked up the parts on the internet and it looks like standard strut/mount price is about a hundred a side, so its $225 in labor. I was told its only a 1.5 hour job, so is that $425 quote high?

Thanks!

Dan

The strut will have to come from the dealer, but I seriously doubt it's bad unless your car has alot of miles. The mount is the same for any Neon 2000-2005 and is avialble aftermarket. I don't know what they're charging for labor, but last time I checked a few years back it was around $80/hour at the dealer.

My money is on that the mount is bad. There is a "how to" stickied in the "how to" section on how to fill the mounts with pourable urathane to eliminate the "clunking' in the rear....I supose we should stickie it here as well...
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Commemorative Edition #142; PW1, PB5, GWA, ARL
Rich Tideswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 18248

Thanks for the info! My car has 65,000 miles. Not sure if that is the typical limit for struts. I'll check on the mounts. Does replacing the mounts require a shock/strut compressor?

Thanks, Dan
fordconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 23966

Quote: Originally Posted by fordconvert View Post
Thanks for the info! My car has 65,000 miles. Not sure if that is the typical limit for struts. I'll check on the mounts. Does replacing the mounts require a shock/strut compressor?

Thanks, Dan

yes it does. check this out, might be too late though Detroit Neon Owners :: View topic - 2gn rear strut mounts
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Commemorative Edition #142; PW1, PB5, GWA, ARL
Rich Tideswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement