Dodge SRT Forum banner

sometimes pulls and sometimes goes straight

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fischy 
#1 ·
My car always had a strange behavior, sometimes the car pulls to one side and i need to correct direction and at others the car goes completley straight without need to hold the steering wheel to correct direction. I noticed that sometimes after cornering hard or going through a steep ramp this behavior comes and goes.

I´m not sure but it looks like if something were loose on the front suspension that moved and caused the misalign and at other times it were on the proper location then the car goes straight.

Someone with this kind of behavior? any suggestions?

Greetings.

#4 ·
I have this problem since I own the car, Control arms looked fine but thn I replaced the bushings with prothane on the front control arms and sway bar (hotchkis), I had to torch the big rear vertical bushing and replace the front cilindrical bushing to insert the prothanes.

It could be still the reason?

#6 ·
#7 ·
How long has it been since you changed over to the prothane bushings? Have you checked the steering rack? My car used to wonder a little bit and I was told its either the bushings or the steering rack... turns out after I went to poly bushings in the front and new tie rods that it stopped. But I would also in your case check out the steering rack.

#9 ·
sometimes the car pulls to one side and i need to correct direction and at others the car goes completely straight
What you describe is a loose (not tight enough) control arm forward facing bolt. The head of the drivers side bolt is in the open (easy), the passenger side bolt requires the removal of the lower engine mount to get to it.

Tighten the driver side then do a few hard acceleration pulls and see if that fixes it. If your car still does the sudden pull to one side then, tighten the passenger forward facing LCA bolt.

Reactions: Robdee30
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.