LCA bushing trouble - Page 5 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #61 (permalink)
User Banned

Member Number: 35677
Default WE need to get to a solution

Quote: Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I find it strange all these failure have popped up only recently. Mine was the first I saw, even after searching a little, which is why I posted.

After my thread, I have seen them popping up left and right. I almost want to say it's a manufacturing process.

Shadow it is puzzling that the failure is suddenly happening with our cars, when Prothane is an established polyurethane manufacturer. I suggested to Moyeah to return one of the bushing samples to Prothane for inspection.

Quote: Originally Posted by 69cuda340s View Post
Maybe the Chinese cloned the bushings and dumped them on the market. That happened with Walbro fuel pumps a while ago. The cloned fuel pumps would not last like the authentic ones but both were packaged the same and looked the same. Maybe send the failed bushings back to Prothane so they can take a look at them?

I think Moyeah, if I recall our phone conversation, purchased his at Modern Performance. I'm disinclined to think MP purchased a batch of Chinese clone poly bushings.

We'll get to the bottom of this!
ValleyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #62 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 84530

i orderd my set from modern a month ago. installed over the weekend i left the inner collar in and burned the rest of the bushings off the core and there snug and tight and look great.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:53 AM   #63 (permalink)
User Banned

Default Why are some failing?

Quote: Originally Posted by ForBidden View Post
i orderd my set from modern a month ago. installed over the weekend i left the inner collar in and burned the rest of the bushings off the core and there snug and tight and look great.

Any ideas as to why some are failing when the install of the rear position bushings is virtually foolproof?

We gotta get Moyeah all set up.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #64 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 84530

Quote: Originally Posted by ValleyRacer View Post
Any ideas as to why some are failing when the install of the rear position bushings is virtually foolproof?

We gotta get Moyeah all set up.

I don't think there a bad batch or anything (could be wrong) my friend has the same bushings as mine and anouter guy in town just did his also. my question is are they using the core that's in the middle of the old bushings. i don't understand why Moyeah's bushings look like that it looks like he didn't use the old core and just stuck the bolt threw the middle and tighten'd everything up.

Moyeah is ur bushings soft or stiff?(that should tell if it's a bad batch or not) mine were tight took a little force i don't see how there backing out like that with the core in there.

I mean if u think about it there so damn snug when ur trying to get back in the brackets there no way that should back out or even move something has to be missing.

Last edited by ForBidden; 01-28-2013 at 04:41 AM.
ForBidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #65 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 36113

I bought my Prothanes from Summit Racing in May of 2012.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #66 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Member Number: 45182

In this thread, roadrunner58 and JollyGreen swear the aftermarket arms have bushings that are slightly smaller ID than the OE.

Did i do this right???

Didn't Shadow and Moyeah use aftermarket control arms?

Apparently our clueless self proclaimed "expert" knows all about it

JollyGreen - can you get a few extra pictures of the MOOG and what you were doing with it? Top, side, etc - really quite interesting to see. Esp how the prothanes will and won't fit. I wonder if the Energy suspension items would fit?

PLEASE USE EMAIL!!dave at needlesstorque dot com

Last edited by duster360; 01-28-2013 at 07:59 AM.
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #67 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

my question is are they using the core that's in the middle of the old bushings. i don't understand why Moyeah's bushings look like that it looks like he didn't use the old core and just stuck the bolt threw the middle and tighten'd everything up.

Hopefully no one listened to Valley's foolish,,,uh I mean "expert" advice and knocked out the shell. Who knows, it may have occured during one of this idiot's "private" consoling sessions, where he can't be baby sat.

You can't see it in all of Moyeah pics, but at least one shows the shell is still there, at least on one side of the car.

Last edited by duster360; 01-28-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #68 (permalink)
User Banned

Default Waiting for Moyeahs pictures

I don't think there a bad batch or anything (could be wrong) my friend has the same bushings as mine and anouter guy in town just did his also. my question is are they using the core that's in the middle of the old bushings. i don't understand why Moyeah's bushings look like that it looks like he didn't use the old core and just stuck the bolt threw the middle and tighten'd everything up.

Moyeah is ur bushings soft or stiff?(that should tell if it's a bad batch or not) mine were tight took a little force i don't see how there backing out like that with the core in there.

I mean if u think about it there so damn snug when ur trying to get back in the brackets there no way that should back out or even move something has to be missing.

This missing core may well be the culprit. The likelihood of an incorrect chemical process is somewhat remote for such an established polyurethane supplier. I asked Moyeah to post up some pix. We'll get his comments and photos.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #69 (permalink)
User Banned

Default What a snide idiot

Quote: Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
Hopefully no one listened to Valley's foolish,,,uh I mean "expert" advice and knocked out the shell. Who knows, it may have occured during one of this idiot's "private" consoling sessions, where he can't be baby sat.

You can't see it all of Moyeah pics, but at least one shows the shell is still there.

What a smart ass idiot you are. Such useless comments when everyone else is trying to help.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #70 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 36113

All the cases I have seen on here the outer shell was in place, it has a collar toward the bottom of the arm, if some one did chisel it out it would be immediately apparent.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #71 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

This missing core may well be the culprit

You have twice now suggested that the "core/shell/collar" be removed. Which is not only incorrect but potentially reckless.

Everyone who owns an SRT-4 needs to know that your expertise does NOT extend past you taking pictures of someone else working on your car 1.5 years ago.

Your baseless opinions just add confusion and should be categorically ignored

I'd consider that very helpful.,,you're welcome

Last edited by duster360; 01-28-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #72 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86725
Default LCA bushing trouble

Quote: Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
Didn't Shadow and Moyeah use aftermarket control arms?

Nope, BRAND NEW MOPAR arms.

I would have sent my 1st set in to Prothane, but I was so pissed that I just threw them out and proceeded to install the 2nd set that Modern Performance had sent me.

Forward Motion E1, LCR ported & polished manifold, Tial 38mm wastegate. Powered by: E-85

Tuned by Dave, aka Duster360

Last edited by Shadow; 01-28-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #73 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Quote: Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Nope, BRAND NEW MOPAR arms.I would have sent my 1st set in to Prothane, but I was so pissed that I just threw them out and proceeded to install the 2nd set that Modern Performance had sent me.

Mopar parts aren't always identical to factory. Mopar often changes vendors after the car ceases production. I sold parts at the Dodge dealer for over 5 years and this happened all the time.

2nd set just as bad?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #74 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 81699

That LCAs are not aftermarket as I used the same ones that came with the car(not the original owner though). The outside collar or shell is still in the arms and I did put the metal insert through the bushings.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #75 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Quote: Originally Posted by Moyeah View Post
That LCAs are not aftermarket as I used the same ones that came with the car(not the original owner though). The outside collar or shell is still in the arms and I did put the metal insert through the bushings.

Get a measurement on the ID and I can compare it to the old OE set I have, just for reference.

No silly noob pics or vids required
Sponsored Links
Advertisement