LCA bushing trouble - Page 3 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum
 
 


Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
 
duster360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member Number: 45182
Location: Central IL
Posts: 9,864
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by SwinginACR View Post
I don't quite see the issue. They look just like mine after 2years of driving. Except they are a bit cleaner. Yes, the one seems as though it is tweaked downward a little but it has the weight of the knuckle on it + coil spring pressure.

Quote: Originally Posted by 69cuda340s View Post
The pictures look they were taken with weight off the front suspension. Prothanes do not have a pretty appearance to them when the weight of the car is off them and the arm is extended all the way down.

^^^^This. The last posted pic looks worse because I believe the car is lowered quite a bit.


I really don't anything that you can do anything about. When the LCA isn't at its designed angle, either at full droop(wheels off the ground) or angle up because the car is "hella flush", the Prothanes distort all the hell.

This is why I prefer Energy Suspension's design.
__________________
1025ccInj+ E85/GAS Base tunes =$369
ADD Boost By Gear to Stock, S1/S2/S3 PCM boost control tune for $75
E85+Gas Base tune Combo $150!!
Please EMAIL!!! dave at needlesstorque.com
www.facebook.com/needlesstorque

Last edited by duster360; 01-25-2013 at 08:25 PM.
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Moyeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member Number: 81699
Location: Glendale AZ
Posts: 195
Default Hellaflush sucks

No "hellaflush" I would rather ride a bike to work then drive a car that looked like that. Car is on tein S lowering springs, the green ones. Not my favorite thing but they were on the car when I bought it.
__________________
MIC 16g E85

Last edited by Moyeah; 01-25-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Moyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #33 (permalink)
User Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member Number: 35677
Location: California
Posts: 1,844
Default Reviewing prothane install photos

I've sent these photos out countless times to board members, which is why I did the photospread and videos - to assist others.

Now in reviewing the photos, I'm thinking one of the reasons failure occurrs after the front c-arm poly install is that the inner collar is not getting removed. I wonder if this detail isn't clear in the supplied install instructions

Sometimes the photos don't turn out ideal or I forget to annotate the shot.

In this photo I'm showing the SRT4 inner collar removed prior to popping on the bushings, but I didn't get shots or video of the removal process.



And in this video I'm showing a possible "how-to" for removing the inner collar as we did on my 1st gen NEON.


Someone else chime in here............
ValleyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
 
duster360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member Number: 45182
Location: Central IL
Posts: 9,864
Default

What?!?!

ValleyRacer, I'm seriously doubting your competency to offer instruction or advice.

I would suggest everyone get a 2nd and 3rd opinion before listening to anything he has to say.

No where does Prothane suggest you hack up the outer shell of the bushings. In fact, they're quite adamant that you shouldn't touch it.

http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.c...thane/4214.pdf


Also, its obvious that the bushing is specifically radius'ed to account for the so called "collar"(aka "shell") that ValleyRacer is mistakenly chiseling away.
__________________
1025ccInj+ E85/GAS Base tunes =$369
ADD Boost By Gear to Stock, S1/S2/S3 PCM boost control tune for $75
E85+Gas Base tune Combo $150!!
Please EMAIL!!! dave at needlesstorque.com
www.facebook.com/needlesstorque

Last edited by duster360; 01-26-2013 at 05:27 PM.
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Member Number: 86725
Location: Chicago
Posts: 809
Default

It's nothing to do with the arms. Mine were BRAND NEW from Modern Performance. That collar should not be removed.
__________________
2005 PVK w/ GWA | Built motor & Ported head.

Forward Motion E1, LCR ported & polished manifold, Tial 38mm wastegate. Powered by: E-85

Tuned by Dave, aka Duster360
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #36 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Moyeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member Number: 81699
Location: Glendale AZ
Posts: 195
Default

This fucking sucks.
__________________
MIC 16g E85
Moyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #37 (permalink)
User Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member Number: 35677
Location: California
Posts: 1,844
Default Calm down and where are YOUR Photos & video?

Quote: Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
What?!?!

ValleyRacer, I'm seriously doubting your competency to offer instruction or advice.

I would suggest everyone get a 2nd and 3rd opinion before listening to anything he has to say.

No where does Prothane suggest you hack up the outer shell of the bushings. In fact, they're quite adamant that you shouldn't touch it.

http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.c...thane/4214.pdf


Also, its obvious that the bushing is specifically radius'ed to account for the so called "collar"(aka "shell") that ValleyRacer is mistakenly chiseling away.

For GAWD's sake calm down. So many people have used my photos and videos for instructional guidance on suspension stuff - calm down.

Secondly, that video (if you would again calm down) is from the install on my first gen NEON. It's very clealy labeled that way in the YOUtube header box.

I'm attemtping to troubleshoot bushings failure on other cars as mine are just fine. My bushings were installed by the most competent SRT4 mechanic in Northern California, I did the photography and video during in install.

Did YOU post up video and pix? Did you email photosets to board members until your INBOX and OUTBOX were full and get thanked for the resource?

Last edited by ValleyRacer; 01-26-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling correction
ValleyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
 
duster360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member Number: 45182
Location: Central IL
Posts: 9,864
Default

If you're not comfortable or confident in your own abilities to even install these bushing yourself, it begs the question that what experience and knowledge are you really basing this advice on?

You clearly suggested that the bushing sleeve be chiseled out yet this is clearly and obviously wrong. If some kid actually thought you knew anything about what you speak and the picture and videos you take and then followed your misinformation, he could be in serious trouble.

My 5 year old takes decent pictures me working on cars but I really wouldn't trust his advice about the exact hows and whys of what I'm doing.

Your effort and enthusiasm is appreciated, for sure, so post as many pics of whoever it is that's working on your car as you like. But please try not to mislead others into thinking you really have any idea whats right or wrong.
__________________
1025ccInj+ E85/GAS Base tunes =$369
ADD Boost By Gear to Stock, S1/S2/S3 PCM boost control tune for $75
E85+Gas Base tune Combo $150!!
Please EMAIL!!! dave at needlesstorque.com
www.facebook.com/needlesstorque

Last edited by duster360; 01-26-2013 at 06:52 PM.
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
User Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member Number: 35677
Location: California
Posts: 1,844
Default Duster360 you're babbling idiot

Quote: Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
If you're not comfortable or confident in your own abilities to even install these bushing yourself, it begs the question that what experience and knowledge are you really basing this advice on?

You clearly suggested that the bushing sleeve be chiseled out yet this is clearly and obviously wrong. If some kid actually thought you knew anything about what you speak and the picture and videos you take and then followed your misinformation, he could be in serious trouble.

My 5 year old takes decent pictures me working on cars but I really wouldn't trust his advice about the exact hows and whys of what I'm doing.

Your effort and enthusiasm is appreciated, for sure, so post as many pics of whoever it is that's working on your car as you like. But please try not to mislead others into thinking you really have any idea whats right or wrong.

Where do you come up with this shit? Instead of blabbing, why don't you post up the pix YOU TOOK and help solve the problem. Instead of internet bashing - get to the problem. Enough of the 5 years old kids and insults.
ValleyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
User Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member Number: 35677
Location: California
Posts: 1,844
Default Consulted Mannyz and Blazin for tech support

Since it's been 1.5 years since my install of the front c-arm bushings, there must have been an item in my photo sequence that looked like we removed and didn't put the ID collar back in or something.

Maybe I didn't recall a detail or something in the effort to troubleshoot.

I just photographed my c-arm bushings, they are fine, so it's not the collar. What is causing these failures? I'm baffled.



ValleyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #41 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
 
duster360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member Number: 45182
Location: Central IL
Posts: 9,864
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by ValleyRacer View Post
What is causing these failures? I'm baffled.

Shocker,,,,,,,,

Lift both front wheels of the car off the ground so both wheels are at full droop and then take another pic. You'll see how the bushings will distort all to hell

ps Consider yourself on probation.


Now that I think of it, I believe that some aftermarket bushings may have a slightly smaller ID than what came from the factory. Which makes the install a little trickier.
__________________
1025ccInj+ E85/GAS Base tunes =$369
ADD Boost By Gear to Stock, S1/S2/S3 PCM boost control tune for $75
E85+Gas Base tune Combo $150!!
Please EMAIL!!! dave at needlesstorque.com
www.facebook.com/needlesstorque

Last edited by duster360; 01-27-2013 at 08:27 AM.
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #42 (permalink)
User Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member Number: 35677
Location: California
Posts: 1,844
Default I couldn't care less about internet probation

Quote: Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
Shocker,,,,,,,,

Lift both front wheels of the car off the ground so both wheels are at full droop and then take another pic. You'll see how the bushings will distort all to hell

ps Consider yourself on probation.


Now that I think of it, I believe that some aftermarket bushings may have a slightly smaller ID than what came from the factory. Which makes the install a little trickier.

Hey just post up some data, a set of measurements of these bushings you refer to (as I put in another post) to support your belief. Please use digital calipers. Put your camera in close up mode.

Check your PM
ValleyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #43 (permalink)
SRTFORUM Moderator
 
Advans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member Number: 12791
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 23,017
Lifetime Premium Member
Default

Sooo, OP, you ever get this figured out?
__________________
Advans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #44 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Moyeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member Number: 81699
Location: Glendale AZ
Posts: 195
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Advans View Post
Sooo, OP, you ever get this figured out?

Nope. One LCA is still on the car in its squished form the other is off the car in pieces. Going to get in contact with Prothane on monday or tuesday to see what they have to say.
__________________
MIC 16g E85
Moyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #45 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
 
duster360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member Number: 45182
Location: Central IL
Posts: 9,864
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by ValleyRacer View Post
Hey just post up some data, a set of measurements of these bushings you refer to (as I put in another post) to support your belief. Please use digital calipers. Put your camera in close up mode.

Check your PM


It's best to discourage the use of Prothanes at all--->problem solved
__________________
1025ccInj+ E85/GAS Base tunes =$369
ADD Boost By Gear to Stock, S1/S2/S3 PCM boost control tune for $75
E85+Gas Base tune Combo $150!!
Please EMAIL!!! dave at needlesstorque.com
www.facebook.com/needlesstorque
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43 AM.



(C) SRTforums.com

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2