How Much For Bushings Install???? - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 34735
Default How Much For Bushings Install????

Hey guys was about to order a set of either energy suspension bushings or prothane bushings(which is better) and was wondering how much install is on this complete set, like fca and rca bushings, front and rear strut bushings and front and rear sway bushings...Thanks all

I just wanted to quote that before you could realize it was another inflatable sheep posted right before you

edit: totally owned, gotchabish

Quote: Originally Posted by Glacius
group buy next week, next month specials are gonna be high wind resistant blunts that keep burning during 4th gear pulls

CT_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

this is the suspension area, and none of u have done this???come on i know alot of people have, someone help me out...

I just wanted to quote that before you could realize it was another inflatable sheep posted right before you

group buy next week, next month specials are gonna be high wind resistant blunts that keep burning during 4th gear pulls

Old 01-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 34124

I like prothane, but I've never had the ES set. As far as price for install, I wouldn't pay someone to do something I could do myself. It's not hard.

the internet can just end now.
nothing could ever surpass this.

msmoores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 9379

I personaly will do the rear myself... The front is a whole differant demon...

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/pr.../0407scc_neon/
Nodestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

dont u need a press???at least for the control arms u do right??, i wouldnt know about the rest thats why im trying to get a feel how complicated it really is...And if its not that hard, why would this guy says it takes 10 hours, u think hes trying to B.S. me i mean ive heard from lots of people hes a good guy...Anyway keep the info rolling let me know guys..

Old 01-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 3256

The back is pretty easy. No special tools needed. I did it about 2 hours. The front is harder. You can burn the stock ones out and use a big vise to put new one in. I work slow and it took about 4 hours including alignment.
jthwan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

just read the article, very informative thanks man, seems like only need an press for the control arms, and it seems even like u shoud keep some of the stock bushings in the back...people let me know what u think if u have an oppinion on this....

jtwann, did u notice a difference in handling, is the rear end more tail happy now does it slide out around turns at all??

Old 01-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 9379

No prob. You can get away with a vice instead of a press, just press is much easier. Luckily, a friend just bought a 12 ton press
Nodestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 3256

I can't tell for sure because I did the sway bar at the same time. What I did notice is the brake hop from high speed is gone after the tension struct bushing install.
jthwan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

kool...thanks alot...

Old 04-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 31632

i installed it and did goldline springs but no tower bars and it is tail happy. if you come into a corner fast your ass end flies aroung like it a rwd.
Energy Suspension Total suspension bushings kit
Turbonetics Charge Pipe with Raptor Blow off Valve
Goldline Lowering Springs
mitsumotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 33982

I did the prothane total kit here. Car handles very balanced with pt/acr sways and progress springs. When driving tight canyons feels like awd to slight rwd. Day to day driving is very stiff/bone jarring.
lcq4blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 2334
Default bushings

I also installed the es poly bushings .the only bitch i had is with the rear lower control arm bushings .I think es could have come up with something better then a three piece design.also installed the acr rear sway bar and p/t front bar .also have the stg 1 mopar spring and the ride is not at all bone jaring but confortable and I highly recommend the sway bar combo they where only 110.00 for both from dealer plus the correct size bushings.
1FSTSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement