BC Coilover Issue - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 47366
Default BC Coilover Issue

Recently I've noticed my rear driver side wheel has a negative camber on my BC Coilover suspension. After the install I got an alignment and didnt notice the camber issue for about a year. I don't know when it started but I dont think it was like that after the install. Every other wheel looks good as far as camber goes, its just the rear left that seems to have shifted a ton. Do I have to buy rear camber plates to fix this? or is there something I can do in my driveway? Could my rear left wheel have a different height than the others? I dont really want to buy the rear camber kit if I dont have to and was wondering if anyone has had this problem before or if anyone can help?
Forge WGA, TurboXS RFL, S1 injectors, Injen DP, Greddy TT, Mopar CAI, TEIN S-Techs, MSD Wires, 3in MPX TBE, AGP UHP, AGP LHP, NKG Plugs, AEM Wideband, SAFCII, Boomba IMG, Maddog 80%, Pwerks Shift Selctor, BFMIC, TurboXS MBC
rwr1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 69617
Lifetime Premium Member

The top Clevis holes are slotted and give you a little adjustment. You would just loosen those up and pull. Then tighten back up. Unless you have an alignment tool you are not going to know how much to pull out. I would make sure that the inner tire isnt grinding on the spring perch and then take it back to a shop to get it realigned. Sometimes if the clevis bolts arent torqued down all the way, the knuckle can slip.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86091

i had this happen to me on rear passenger side. took it to an alignment shop and they didnt tighten the bolts on the knuckle went to another shop and they fixed is so like jlay said just try to loosen pull out then tighten the bolts
first srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 47366

so are the clevis bolts the ones at the bottom of the CO that hold the entire assembly? I put this off till now, but when I looked at it I wasn't really sure where to start. Can you give me a little more detailed explanation? Thanks in advance for the help! I tried contacting BC about this but they had no idea.
Forge WGA, TurboXS RFL, S1 injectors, Injen DP, Greddy TT, Mopar CAI, TEIN S-Techs, MSD Wires, 3in MPX TBE, AGP UHP, AGP LHP, NKG Plugs, AEM Wideband, SAFCII, Boomba IMG, Maddog 80%, Pwerks Shift Selctor, BFMIC, TurboXS MBC
rwr1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 87378
Default Re: BC Coilover Issue

Quote: Originally Posted by rwr1011 View Post
so are the clevis bolts the ones at the bottom of the CO that hold the entire assembly? I put this off till now, but when I looked at it I wasn't really sure where to start. Can you give me a little more detailed explanation? Thanks in advance for the help! I tried contacting BC about this but they had no idea.

Yes the bottom of the coilover.. it has two bolts holding the knuckle.. The top is the one you loosen, pull back and tighten. The bottom you just loosen it slightly until you can move the assembly back and forward.. Pretty simple once you're doing it..
Old 01-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 84975

dude i have the same problem..on the left rear tier..its cambered like a bitch, but all my other tires are fine.
Italia20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement