2013 SRT Viper Official Pricing Announced - Page 2 - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:12 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For about the same price range of the SRT not the SRT-GTS I would take the GT-R over it.. They claim it's a 10 second car out of the bag.. it does have about 100hp less but I think it can take it on a drag.. not sure about rolling..

The engine now generates 545 horsepower and 463 lb-ft of torque for the GT-R

2013 Nissan GT-R is a 10 Second Car! - Motor Trend

Just to add a little more flavor into the mix..

< GTR-vs SRT-10 Viper

[/URL]

Last edited by SRT-4Dream; 10-12-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-4Dream View Post
For about the same price range of the SRT not the SRT-GTS I would take the GT-R over it.. They claim it's a 10 second car out of the bag.. it does have about 100hp less but I think it can take it on a drag.. not sure about rolling..

The engine now generates 545 horsepower and 463 lb-ft of torque for the GT-R

2013 Nissan GT-R is a 10 Second Car! - Motor Trend

Just to add a little more flavor into the mix..

Nissan GT-R vs Dodge Viper SRT-10 Supercharged - YouTube < GTR-vs SRT-10 Viper
You would spend almost 100k for a japonese car?
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRTotM Moderator

Manny save your breath bro. These guys don't really have a concept of cars.... 1 your trying to compare a car with more electronics than the space shuttle that a monkey could drive fast around the track. To a beast of a car that only have stability control and traction control because the government mandates it..

Huge thanks to Chris, Bill, And Bob @MAPerformane for 95% of all my parts

Huge Thanks to Kevin Warren For.. Many many things

MAP EF4 stock block, stock head
452whp on EMS at 26 psi
100&92 octane mix

Fully built long block and big numbers coming!
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 07:50 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Sorry but for 2013 it should have more that 640hp or use something smaller than a huge low revving 8.4L V10 considering other cars make close to the same with much less displacement and even cylinders for that matter.

Sorry but enginerring has come along way to stil be using the "more hp more displacement" theory.. so with that said the motor is far from a enginerring marvel and interior is far from high quality like euro supercar so why pay the 120k? at least with the GT-R u know why your paying 100+k. Its is in fact a enginerring marvel for a car that big to be that fast, handle that well, and make that much power so smooth and put it to the ground at all times..

Just sayin the carrera gt made 627hp in 2005 with only a 5.7L V10 and now 7yrs later it takes the viper 8.4L to make 13 more hp? To me the 100k price tag to a GT-R is justified, viper not so much. yes its fast but really would u expect it to be any slower with a 8.4L V10?

C.O.B
A vision without a plan is just a hallucination
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZ109 View Post
Sorry but for 2013 it should have more that 640hp or use something smaller than a huge low revving 8.4L V10 considering other cars make close to the same with much less displacement and even cylinders for that matter.

Sorry but enginerring has come along way to stil be using the "more hp more displacement" theory.. so with that said the motor is far from a enginerring marvel and interior is far from high quality like euro supercar so why pay the 120k? at least with the GT-R u know why your paying 100+k. Its is in fact a enginerring marvel for a car that big to be that fast, handle that well, and make that much power so smooth and put it to the ground at all times..

Just sayin the carrera gt made 627hp in 2005 with only a 5.7L V10 and now 7yrs later it takes the viper 8.4L to make 13 more hp? To me the 100k price tag to a GT-R is justified, viper not so much. yes its fast but really would u expect it to be any slower with a 8.4L V10?
Well it seems thst you are a fan of this car (gtr) I can tell you this, don't beleive all the bullshit you read in the magazines. You also are forgetting about what a lot of these car companys hold true most of the time with these cars, TRADITION. You think that dodge and srt would put anything else in the viper other then a big ass v10??
Do you think if they made a v10 for the vette, and mustang, that it would not piss off a lot of faithful fans? Look at you wonder car you hold so high? gtr. It still has a boosted 6 cyl. Yes a v6 but, a 6.

A lot of the current cars with smaller engines these days that are putting out big numbers are, correct me if I wrong, are all boosted!! Camaro zl1, vette ZR1, new gt 500 mustang.

And did you ever look at what was in that carrera for an engine?? That thing was basically a detuned F1 engine. As where the viper v 10 is still making all that power, going to start kicking everybodys ass again, with a archaic pushrod v10.

I have presonally been working on, driven, raced, and modded, and admired vipers since I had the chance to get behind the wheel of one almost 15 years ago. To me for the money, and the history of this car, it is and it will continue to be a force the be recond with.
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny z View Post
Well it seems thst you are a fan of this car (gtr) I can tell you this, don't beleive all the bullshit you read in the magazines. You also are forgetting about what a lot of these car companys hold true most of the time with these cars, TRADITION. You think that dodge and srt would put anything else in the viper other then a big ass v10??
Do you think if they made a v10 for the vette, and mustang, that it would not piss off a lot of faithful fans? Look at you wonder car you hold so high? gtr. It still has a boosted 6 cyl. Yes a v6 but, a 6.

A lot of the current cars with smaller engines these days that are putting out big numbers are, correct me if I wrong, are all boosted!! Camaro zl1, vette ZR1, new gt 500 mustang.

And did you ever look at what was in that carrera for an engine?? That thing was basically a detuned F1 engine. As where the viper v 10 is still making all that power, going to start kicking everybodys ass again, with a archaic pushrod v10.

I have presonally been working on, driven, raced, and modded, and admired vipers since I had the chance to get behind the wheel of one almost 15 years ago. To me for the money, and the history of this car, it is and it will continue to be a force the be recond with.
You are correct all AMERICAN cars need very high displacement or Supercharger to make power...funny I didnt use an amaerican car as a reference for that reason and used a much smaller V10 as a reference. Than u wanna brag that the new viper will kick everybodys ass again with its motor..it should its a fuckin 8.4L motor..thats like mike tyson braggin about beating up a midget

I jus dont get why u wanna label it a supercar and it lacks supercar engineering when it takes so much more motor to make the same power...

SLS AMG is NA and makes 570hp

GT3RS is a 4.0 6cyl NA and makes 500hp

Hell even the new boss 302 makes 440hp out of its coyote 5.0 and it takes srt 8.4L out of a V10 to break 600hp?? Why would you pay 100k for engineering philosophy of "need more power add more displacement" used in the 1970's? And with the GTR its not about it being a V6, its the fact of the power delivery, how big it is yet it stil pulls the times it does in the curcuit and the 1320 mark..its how it puts the power down at all times..

I am a fan of engineering and other companies( porsche and bmw) have shown you dont need huge displacement to make power with a V10. Is this new viper gonna be fast? Yes...why would that be a surpise with a motor damn near double the size of everybody else? Jus like the ctsv needed much more displacement nad a supercharger to beat the 4.0L M3.... the camaro with just a LS3 wasnt enough

C.O.B

Last edited by KAZ109; 10-24-2012 at 08:02 PM.
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:05 PM
SRTforums Member

cars

I am just going to leave at this. You like what you like, I like what I like. And all the other people here like what they like. I am a CAR in general. I prefer the Viper.

BMW though??
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 05:42 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny z View Post
I am just going to leave at this. You like what you like, I like what I like. And all the other people here like what they like. I am a CAR in general. I prefer the Viper.

BMW though??
U laugh but which car was the ctsv developed to beat because it had been on top for so long? Yes BMW'S M3 and M5...and they did it with much smaller motors then thier competitor's. ...to bad they sold out and is going the F.I route with the next gen tho

C.O.B
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 PM
SRTforums Member

good story behind this...curious to see the outcome of this amercain car slugfest

2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 vs. 2013 SRT Viper GTS - Motor Trend

Gilles calls BS on the comparison test

Ralph Gilles Calls Out Motor Trend Driver For Being Afraid Of The Viper

C.O.B
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 AM
SRTforums Member

The new viper looks bad a$$
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 PM
SRTforums Member

Ralph Gilles in new viper at willow springs

At the track with, and being overtaken by Ralph Gilles in his Gen V Viper SRT - YouTube

C.O.B
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM
SRTforums Member

I owned a 04 Viper Gen3 and am interested in a brand new.

My garage:
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 Black and Stock
2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 1500 Quad Cab Black and Paxton Powered.
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 06:43 AM
SRTforums Member

post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 02:35 PM

looking very euro i would love to have one tho but wouldnt buy it if i had the cash gimme a new jsrt or 3srt anyday
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 11:16 PM
SRTforums Member

Curious to see what the ACR is like....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode