Dodge SRT Forum banner

17x8.5 +38 w/ 245/45 tires?

4K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  OffTheWall 
#1 · (Edited)
I have read the tech thread a few times now. I do not mean to piss anyone off by posting ANOTHER thread asking pretty much the same thing that everyone that posts on here asks. But I haven't found much information about the 8.5" +38 wheels. Let alone what tires would actually fit.

I see that with a 8.5" wide wheel with a +38 offset should fit with coilovers. I have ST coilovers on my car at the moment.

What im questioning though is tire fitment. Im wanting to get a set of 245/45R17 to wrap a set of 17x8.5" +38 wheels. Would I be better off going with a 17x8.5" +30 wheel??

But im not sure if that tire size is to meaty. I currently do not have my fenders roller. im most likely going to do this anyways sometime soon. I had a mishap with my MT drag radials and they caught my passenger fender while hitting a bump while turning. No major damage, but I want to roll the fenders so this wont happen again.

Everyone on this forum has helped me through bringing my car from stock, to what it is now (mods in sig) But Im not extremely versed in wheels/tire fitment as of yet. Mostly because they are both pricey mods. So I would like to do it right the first time if possible.

As always, thank you very much for any input :nerd2:

See less See more
#3 ·
So should I just scrap the idea of a 245/45 all together and go with a 245/40?

If the 245/40 tires will still cause potential fitment issues on a 8.5" +38 offset wheel I do not have a problem trying to find a different wheel thats a 8.5" +30.

I just found a set of wheels I really like but the +38 is all they I can get them in with a 5x100 bolt pattern.

So many options! Its hard to wrap my head around the different combinations that can be had!

#5 ·
Currently I have longer studs on the front for my drag radials. Im fine with installing them in the back if needed. I am NOT going for a "slammed" look. I just want an aggressive stance.

The problem with the 245/45 is that there is to much tire? So would going with 235/40 tires on 8.5" +30 wheels with extended studs, and rolled fenders "should" fit but may require about bit of tinkering?

Again, I hate feeling like im asking stupid questions. Ive done a lot of reading on the subject. But I have never actually purchased an aftermarket set of wheels before.

#7 ·
So It looks like I'm going to need spacers in the front. The wheels are touching the calipers. They fit in the back, but they are close to the coils without the tires on.

How do I go about determining what spacers I need? Should I put spacers all the way around? Or just up front if the backs fit?

#9 ·
Okay, I'll just use them on the front.

Here's a sneak peak.
I still have to get the spacers (I'm using 3mm washers just for test fitting. And I need to roll the fenders.

Reactions: YjeRoel
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.