Dodge SRT Forum banner

Killeen Area SRT-4's

770K views 8K replies 134 participants last post by  alfonsogro 
#1 ·
Well after going so long with car down.. Got new turbo and custom made O2 to get car running again... (hopefully running good. I pick it up tomorrow hoping turbo and warped flange all that was wrong) :grimrippe

Any SRT-4 owners in killeen area?

#5,962 ·
thats still not bad at all for a 1st time down the track in an evo.

#16 ·
14TArmy - Yeah with ur mods I would assume youd trap atleast 105.. do u WOT shift(powershift)??

EL Vito - do u have anything done to that 05 Commerative?

we should all get together sometime.. all us car guys..
I still need to work on mine.. mine goes lean sometimes.. at idle or when i go from no throttle to light throttle.. tried rewire TPS and changing FPR to just boost source..
also tranny hard to shift.. gonna have to adj clutch and change tranny fluid see if that helps.. not to mention suspension shot and brakes need to be done.. LoL
gotta alot of work ahead of me.. everything went at once..

#19 ·
I Havent Done Much To It Just The Mopar Bov, I Switched The Air Box For Just The Cold Air Filter, And Got The Resenators Cut Off. Im Bout To Go Back To Iraq So I Dont Want To Mod It Out To Much Cause My Wife Has To Drive It Lol
yeah.. i got my WGA spring at 7psi.. i turn EBC off when she drives so its at 7psi.. she hasnt noticed so i guess she doesnt floor it.. :thumbsup:

I'll be here in june and july

#18 · (Edited)
How many of you guys will be on Fort Hood or in the Killeen area in June and July? Ill be PCSing to the area with my SRT on spray (with a big turbo kit in tow) and my wifes Mazdaspee3 with intake and exhaust. Hope to see you guys then.

Any of you guys on this site? If not ell your friends cause it is from what I see local t the killeen area.

CentexRacingScene.com - Central Texas Auto Forums

#20 ·
hey guys... i just got back from a deployment with 1st cav and everything seemed to go wrong at once while i was in cali picking my car up... blew my garrett 60-1 turbo up then blew the front of one of my ic tanks off... then kept having a problem with misfireing at high boost in first and second gear(which i still haven't figured out) and now when i went to change my turbine housing out i just saw that when it was detonating it broke my #1 plug and the ceramic trashed my turbine blades on my new turbonetics turbo:flame: Anyways... does anyone know if you have to get the turbo professionally balanced when you replace the turbine wheel or does it come already balanced with the shaft? Also i can't seem to find any shops in texas that do turbo work period... any help you guys could give me would be awesome, you have no idea how much this has been pissing me off... also if any of you guys need any kind of help or want to buy some parts hit me up.. i've got a pretty big garage and i've been doing custom turbo work in cali since i was 13.. i'm more than happy to help anyone out anytime:) Also if you see me driving around don't hesitate to say hey.. i'm the only srt i've seen around here that's silver with black flames and a kaminari wing.. .oh and heres a list of my major mods just cause:)

Equal length stainless steel manifold
turbonetics t3/t4 60-1 w/ stage V turbine
Custom 3" downpipe and stainless exhaust
agp hot and cold hard pipes with hks ssq bov
stage 2 w/ toys pcm and injectors
agp return line kit
60mm lorenzo throttle body
fmic
greddy e-manage and profec e-01 boost controller
clutchmasters fx600 twin-disc clutch(extremely loud and annoying)
tein ss-p coilovers
hotchkis sway bars

#21 ·
hey guys... i just got back from a deployment with 1st cav and everything seemed to go wrong at once while i was in cali picking my car up... blew my garrett 60-1 turbo up then blew the front of one of my ic tanks off... then kept having a problem with misfireing at high boost in first and second gear(which i still haven't figured out) and now when i went to change my turbine housing out i just saw that when it was detonating it broke my #1 plug and the ceramic trashed my turbine blades on my new turbonetics turbo:flame: Anyways... does anyone know if you have to get the turbo professionally balanced when you replace the turbine wheel or does it come already balanced with the shaft? Also i can't seem to find any shops in texas that do turbo work period... any help you guys could give me would be awesome, you have no idea how much this has been pissing me off... also if any of you guys need any kind of help or want to buy some parts hit me up.. i've got a pretty big garage and i've been doing custom turbo work in cali since i was 13.. i'm more than happy to help anyone out anytime:) Also if you see me driving around don't hesitate to say hey.. i'm the only srt i've seen around here that's silver with black flames and a kaminari wing.. .oh and heres a list of my major mods just cause:)

Equal length stainless steel manifold
turbonetics t3/t4 60-1 w/ stage V turbine
Custom 3" downpipe and stainless exhaust
agp hot and cold hard pipes with hks ssq bov
stage 2 w/ toys pcm and injectors
agp return line kit
60mm lorenzo throttle body
fmic
greddy e-manage and profec e-01 boost controller
clutchmasters fx600 twin-disc clutch(extremely loud and annoying)
tein ss-p coilovers
hotchkis sway bars
Yeah if u take turbo apart you have to get it balanced.. the nearest shop capable of doing this is in Waco..
Turbo Majestic

i think Ive seen you on ft hood.. i saw silver SRT with kamari wing..
saw it parked cant remember where..
misfiring.. and detonating.. not good..
u have wideband? sure it not running lean..
with misfiring everytime it happened to me was because of spark plugs..
im sure u replace the crappy stock spark plugs wires already..
r u using iridium plugs gap at around .32?
sorry to hear about the spark plug breakin ruining turbo..
my turbo went early 07.. had no money to fix so kept driving on it..
so when i finally saved money up was too late whole turbo needed to be replaced..
if i see you on ft hood ill sure to say hi.. and ask a million question about ur car.. im in 4ID.. im stock lookin black srt around 50th street..

#22 ·
yeah i have a wideband and it actually is getting super rich under boost... I changed everything in the search for a cure but everytime i've had this problem before it was the ignition.. so i changed the coil, wires and plugs.. put in colder iridiums at about .40(it's not spark blowout) and i still have the same problem.. so then i changed out my stage 2 injectors for the stock ones and still same problem... so then i put my stock throttle body back on because it started doing it right after i put the 60 mm on... still same problem:flame: So i'm thinking now it's either the stage 2 computer or the knock sensor... I'm pretty sure it's the sensor though because it's not throwing a misfire code even though it is detonating bad enough to break the plugs... i was planning on putting the new sensor on today and seeing if that fixed it but now i have to get the turbo fixed first:crying: Oh well... shit happens i guess

#24 ·
Yeah, talk to Jared at Majestic Turbo, he rebuilt my .50 trim and its been bout 12K since and it still runs like a champ!

Devin
yeah majestic good..
300 something for the rebuild..
i took my turbo to them to get rebuild and when it could be rebuilt they didnt charge me just gave turbo back..
which is the way things should be.. hate droppin car off to get it fixed then they like nope this wrong cant do here try these people. and everyone charges u $80 till some fixes it..
i'd fix the misfire and detonating problem first.. that can permently damage engine.

#25 ·
yeah i'm working on the misfire problem... i hope the new knock sensor fixes it, if not then the only other thing it could be is the pcm:stab: I took the turbo out to majestic today and they had to order the new turbine wheel from houston... my turbonetics unit is so old that they don't even make a wheel that can fit on the small shaft anymore so i had to put a garrett stage 3 wheel on it... also found out that the turbo is a to4e 50 trim:gay: oh well... i was very impressed with majestic though... very knowledgeable guys and quick too.. should be ready to be picked up tomorrow and i should be up and running again by tomorrow night.... hopefully

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.