really don't wanna retro but REALLY don't wanna look like a ricecake... - Page 2 - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im currently trying to get a group buy over on neons.org i also do srt/2gen head lights if you guys are interested
www.neons.org • View topic - HID Retro fit group buy interest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:52 PM
SRTforums Member

btw the h1 has a better low beam than the ds2
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 PM
SRTforums Member

I'm sure if you become a vendor and make a affordable h1 retro fit group buy you will get a list going. I'm pretty sure their will b an Interest.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 03:35 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617srt View Post
I'm sure if you become a vendor and make a affordable h1 retro fit group buy you will get a list going. I'm pretty sure their will b an Interest.

This!! I've contemplated gettin a set so many times. Im on the verge of doin it but thats a chunk of change for headlights...

Going for a Texas Top 10 1/4 mile spot...

Baby snail and E85...
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617srt View Post
Wow man good job. Did you use the stock lights or did u get depos. Also what did you seal them with? And how did u get the color of your dash lights white did u peal the film off? I like that better then the blur I got. It looks much cleaner your way.
They are oem headlights, i recommend depos tho because the oem sealant is like cement. I sealed them with 3m window sealant. The dash is a custom made oem overlay that does not have the sealant and then a white transparent film had to be laid down behind that with pure white LEDs
and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx512 View Post
Wow those headlights do look great. Regrettably, I don't have the funds available to drop 300 bucks right now. But I see what you're saying, I'd rather pay more and do it right.

I'll probably just end up going with some Modern casings and call it a day.
It was actually more around 400 including the alignment bracket. i just found my receipts. For someone to do this I can't see them charging less than 200 to put them together. What a PITA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loroku View Post
btw the h1 has a better low beam than the ds2
I found my receipts, these are the h1 projectors.

On The Quest For 10s
____ My Build
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 PM
SRTforums Member

ya the h1 is better for most drivers the ds2 has better bulb options but i prefer the h1 for the better low beam if you drive in the country alot the ds2 is a great option
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 AM
SRTforums Member

Are the alignment brackets needed u say? I heard with the 9007 adapter the alignment is pretty even
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 AM
SRTforums Member

When.ordering the h1s it doesn't give me the option for 9007 is it supposed to? And if I order jus the bulbs I would need ballasts correct?
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
HIDs in a stock housing wont do much other than blind other drivers. The light gets scattered so the actual 'road' lighting is no better than stock. Pick up a better halogen bulb and call it a day. Retros are expensive, but when done right will last a long time with a perfect cut-off and stellar light output.

My retros were expensive, but they are just as awesome as when i picked them up 27 months ago. I'm so glad i went with a more expensive bi-xenon setup.

11.21@127.88
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:29 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkat View Post
HIDs in a stock housing wont do much other than blind other drivers. The light gets scattered so the actual 'road' lighting is no better than stock. Pick up a better halogen bulb and call it a day. Retros are expensive, but when done right will last a long time with a perfect cut-off and stellar light output.

My retros were expensive, but they are just as awesome as when i picked them up 27 months ago. I'm so glad i went with a more expensive bi-xenon setup.
i disagree with this assessment. i've had 6000k bi-xenon hids in my stock headlights for the last 2 years. i can see much more at night than i ever could with the stock halogens and the superwhites combined. oh and btw no i dont blind anyone at all. if your headlights are properly aligned you wont blind anyone. now if they arnt well you are a douchebag
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by red2k2rt View Post
i disagree with this assessment. i've had 6000k bi-xenon hids in my stock headlights for the last 2 years. i can see much more at night than i ever could with the stock halogens and the superwhites combined. oh and btw no i dont blind anyone at all. if your headlights are properly aligned you wont blind anyone. now if they arnt well you are a douchebag
Yes, they will. End of story. Xenon bulbs in halogen housings will scatter light and annoy other drivers. This is fact. This is also illegal. HID 'kits' are labeled as off-road use only so they can cover their asses.

Do it right or not at all. I hate this HID 'kit' fad.

11.21@127.88
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 02:29 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkat View Post
Yes, they will. End of story. Xenon bulbs in halogen housings will scatter light and annoy other drivers. This is fact. This is also illegal. HID 'kits' are labeled as off-road use only so they can cover their asses.

Do it right or not at all. I hate this HID 'kit' fad.
what are you hid police now? i chose to put hid's in my stock housings because i wanted to actually be able to see the road at night, but i also chose a kelvin that wouldnt be to bright nor too blue/purple. they dont scatter like you claim, they dont blind other drivers like you claim. the reality is you get blinded by idiots in suv's and trucks with hid projectors because of the height of the headlight in relation to your eyes, now that is a fact. i drive by cops and state troopers all the time and not one of them has ever said a peep to me about them. part of my commute is at night when daylight savings kicks in and no one complains about being blinded nor do i get flashed for them. the only time they will get swapped over to the dual beam projector set up is when i swap over my front end to the 03 srt bumper. even then i'll still have hid's in my projectors.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 09:44 PM
SRTforums Member

HIDs in reflective / halogen housings are illegal for a reason. They do blind other drivers. Just because no one has ever taken the time to pull a "U" turn and tell you that you're blinding them doesn't mean it isn't happening. I personally want to smash the headlights out of every car with HIDs in reflective housings. The degree of Kelvin does very little to affect the blinding of other drivers. It has to do with the way the HID bulb design projects the light and how an HID projector channels that range of light in a way that a halogen housing cannot. Unless you have mind reading power where every oncoming driver does not curse at how blinding your headlights are and you have factual evidence proving this, I'll stick with the real data.

On The Quest For 10s
____ My Build
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 10:01 PM
SRTFORUM Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
:facepalm:

0___o

post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Where the hell have you been? Go read the stickies before posting retarded stuff like this. There is a wealth of knowledge on the net READ!!!!!! Also you are the people I hate while driving at night. Retros or stick to stock halogens.

Contact Darksyde for all your powder coating and DevilsOwn Meth needs! Now offering hydro dipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode