Cali forums just not like the old days.... - Page 3 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > Regional Forums > US Regional Forums > California Forums

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 45389

Quote: Originally Posted by fusion View Post
Well that's not very nice.

I live in valencia lol was a joke

/Homo
Ruthless. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
Untrustworthy Seller

Member Number: 17477
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by melmsrt4 View Post
Hi guys and gals (suzi) haven't owned an srt4 in years, but my wife still drives a chrysler 200S, and I've been doing the bike thing, 1988 Honda Hawk NT650. I miss the palomar drives that I used to organize. Love tearing up palomar on the bike.

If you know anyone that needs misc parts, lmk I still have a few interior panels, rear trunk carpet and other stuff. Check out my stuff in the FS section. Thanks

Have not seen ya on here in a long time Mel. Last time I saw ya in person was at the Palomar run we had. Those EVOs and SUBIs could not hang with you, julio and the Mole in the twisties......good times.

I like to think I'm a good driver, but Mel can drive his @$$ off for sure.
380hp+ and 444tq+
11.7@122
1.71 60ft
PM/email me for all your 16g/18g/20g BWS setup and DCR needs...... Darrell Cox Racing on facebook, 1-517-369-9636 10am-5pm est webstore... DCRSRT.com. email me at s3rmole@gmail.com .
mole' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
Untrustworthy Seller

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by fusion View Post

Hey man. You still have my old Mopar stage3r coilovers I sold ya way back in the day?
380hp+ and 444tq+
11.7@122
1.71 60ft
PM/email me for all your 16g/18g/20g BWS setup and DCR needs...... Darrell Cox Racing on facebook, 1-517-369-9636 10am-5pm est webstore... DCRSRT.com. email me at s3rmole@gmail.com .
Old 11-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 9605

Quote: Originally Posted by mole' View Post
Have not seen ya on here in a long time Mel. Last time I saw ya in person was at the Palomar run we had. Those EVOs and SUBIs could not hang with you, julio and the Mole in the twisties......good times.

I like to think I'm a good driver, but Mel can drive his @$$ off for sure.

Hey Mole, good to see you on here still. Thanks for the props on my driving, but my biggest advantage was knowing the road from my previous motorcycle days. Used to live on Palomar every weekend.

Do you know anybody that needs my left over parts. I also have a handful of misc interior panels that I would just give away for free if someone wants to come by. lmk
melmsrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
Untrustworthy Seller

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by melmsrt4 View Post
Hey Mole, good to see you on here still. Thanks for the props on my driving, but my biggest advantage was knowing the road from my previous motorcycle days. Used to live on Palomar every weekend.

Do you know anybody that needs my left over parts. I also have a handful of misc interior panels that I would just give away for free if someone wants to come by. lmk

Yup Yup
Send me a list of the parts you have
380hp+ and 444tq+
11.7@122
1.71 60ft
Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #36 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 5369

What stuff you have left or do you have a current for-sale thread? Haven't seen you post up for a while. Thinking about doing like some of the old owners and picking up another SRT-4?
blackbird_R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
Untrustworthy Seller

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by blackbird_R/T View Post
What stuff you have left or do you have a current for-sale thread? Haven't seen you post up for a while. Thinking about doing like some of the old owners and picking up another SRT-4?

Do it Eric. I just picked up a 3rd one not too long ago.
380hp+ and 444tq+
11.7@122
1.71 60ft
Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 5369

I was asking Mike if he was thinking about another one. I've thought about it and if I find one cheap enough that needs work but is otherwise clean might buy another SRT-4 to play with but likely not for a while unless I spot a great deal. Too many cars as-is and I just bought a new Focus.
blackbird_R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
Untrustworthy Seller

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by blackbird_R/T View Post
I was asking Mike if he was thinking about another one. I've thought about it and if I find one cheap enough that needs work but is otherwise clean might buy another SRT-4 to play with but likely not for a while unless I spot a great deal. Too many cars as-is and I just bought a new Focus.

I come across good deals all the time. Lmk what your looking for and a price range.
380hp+ and 444tq+
11.7@122
1.71 60ft
Old 11-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 9605

Here is the parts that I have:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f418...-stuff-632528/

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f417...-stuff-632527/

Also have a complete trunk carpet set that I wouldn't mind getting some money for and a mess of door rubber seals for 3 doors (driver door excluded) that I would let go for $30 for the whole lot of rubbers.

Besides that stuff that I have FS, I will give away the following:

under steering wheel panel
passenger A pillar cover
Both sides B pillar covers
Both sides rear pillar covers
Rear seat panel covers
stock (possibly stiffer than stock) shifter bushings
(2) outer door handles
Stock rear sway with new bushings

There maybe a few more things, that's what I can think of off the top of my head. If it helps, I work in San Diego, Kearny Mesa area so I can have the parts available there. Thanks,
melmsrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 60400

California in general is dead
rw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #42 (permalink)
User Banned

Member Number: 35677
Default yes and no

Quote: Originally Posted by rw44 View Post
California in general is dead

rw44 you can find some locals and participate in SRT4 stuff.

I was looking through one of my favorite yearly SRT4 community events, being the shutterbug I am, and we organized a toy-drive each Xmas and donated a boat-load of toys for underpriveledged children. This went on successfully for several years, we got on the radio and the sacbee.

You wanna see a bunch of happy kids. Then I couldn't get anyone to participate on the norcal board. I couldn't figure it out, no one would "pony-up" anymore. I was disgusted with everyone after that.

So yes in some ways California forum & groups aren't what they used to be.

Post up pix of your stuff, mods, etc - and keep things alive.
ValleyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
Untrustworthy Seller

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by ValleyRacer View Post
rw44 you can find some locals and participate in SRT4 stuff.

I was looking through one of my favorite yearly SRT4 community events, being the shutterbug I am, and we organized a toy-drive each Xmas and donated a boat-load of toys for underpriveledged children. This went on successfully for several years, we got on the radio and the sacbee.

You wanna see a bunch of happy kids. Then I couldn't get anyone to participate on the norcal board. I couldn't figure it out, no one would "pony-up" anymore. I was disgusted with everyone after that.

So yes in some ways California forum & groups aren't what they used to be.

Post up pix of your stuff, mods, etc - and keep things alive.

The socal SRTs used to be pretty deep, but we never did anything as wonderful as a toy drive. That was an awesome idea. Props to you guys.

We used to have our own "clicks" persay. LA (bizman/silversurfer) the go to guys, IE (Joe dirt/savior) and SD (julio&I). We had a few big meets. The OG corona and LB meets were cool. I made the 1 1/2 hour drive from SD a few times. Had a few BIG meets at my house. Even some of the NorCal guys came down. Reed, tkilla and his buddy. I miss them good old days.

How did you set the toy drives up? I think it would be cool to try and set something like that up down here. Can you pm or even give me a call. I would like the details on it if ya can. Thanks.
380hp+ and 444tq+
11.7@122
1.71 60ft
Old 11-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #44 (permalink)
User Banned

Member Number: 35677
Default Gladly function as a community member

Quote: Originally Posted by mole' View Post

How did you set the toy drives up? I think it would be cool to try and set something like that up down here. Can you pm or even give me a call. I would like the details on it if ya can. Thanks.

I used the "sign-up" function, a numbered list on the norcal board to get a list of participating members, attendees, wives, kids etc. We had the non vertical piston people there too (subarus) and some mini-coopers from the sacforcefed.com people (turbo charged, super charged Cobalts) and me and a few others just helped organize the toy drive and locate meeting places.

I video'd and photographed as much as I could during the rolling SRT4 caravan. It was a superb yearly event then the petty selfish disposition on that board was just too much to even deal with and the toy drives just died off.

I'd upload URL's if photobucket would work, and the files are too large for the upload tool. It was an awesome yearly Christmas event benefitting kids.
ValleyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #45 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
Untrustworthy Seller

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by ValleyRacer View Post
I used the "sign-up" function, a numbered list on the norcal board to get a list of participating members, attendees, wives, kids etc. We had the non vertical piston people there too (subarus) and some mini-coopers from the sacforcefed.com people (turbo charged, super charged Cobalts) and me and a few others just helped organize the toy drive and locate meeting places.

I video'd and photographed as much as I could during the rolling SRT4 caravan. It was a superb yearly event then the petty selfish disposition on that board was just too much to even deal with and the toy drives just died off.

I'd upload URL's if photobucket would work, and the files are too large for the upload tool. It was an awesome yearly Christmas event benefitting kids.

I would like to try something like this down here, but I just don't think we could pull it off. Gonna talk to a few people tho.
380hp+ and 444tq+
11.7@122
1.71 60ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement