The Next SRT-4? Dodge Dart - Page 4 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > General Car Discussion > General Car Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Member Number: 11888
Lifetime Premium Member

Everyone needs to remember that it is going to take awhile to get the SRT version (if they decide to build one) of this vehicle out... I certainly don't expect it to be like 2 to 3 years like it took them with the Caliber, but it isn't going to be a couple months after you see the base/RT models.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #47 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 24404

Quote: Originally Posted by RTShadow View Post
Everyone needs to remember that it is going to take awhile to get the SRT version (if they decide to build one) of this vehicle out... I certainly don't expect it to be like 2 to 3 years like it took them with the Caliber, but it isn't going to be a couple months after you see the base/RT models.

I remember reading they were considering an SRT version of the Dart in the next model year, nothing concrete though.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #48 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 7373

So... what is a rear wiper control doing on a 4-door sedan?

From http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-...photo-4677830/

"This car is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson
SRT-4 to SRT8, SRT-4 Production Epitaph, Canadian SRT-4 Registry
toasteroven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #49 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Member Number: 11888
Lifetime Premium Member

Apparently if you believe the photos, no real speedometer, they went with digital for the speedo in favor of the RPM gauge... interesting.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #50 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 12491

Quote: Originally Posted by toasteroven View Post
So... what is a rear wiper control doing on a 4-door sedan?

Evos have a rear wiper, and I sure wish my Neon did.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #51 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 87296

im just curious as to how this car will actually look and its specs when/if its finally made.

not saying it wont be... but things change alot from concept or paper to what you see at the dealership
jesus_ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #52 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 77737

well some people are forgetting that the interior is actually different in the regular neon and the srt4 in some aspects.. seats, cluster, gauges,etc..
ahmed24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 30412

I asked about the car while buying my charger r/t. The guy at the dealer said they were planning on an awd SRT, just not the first year. He might have been blowing smoke but that would be ill. Also, I have the 8.4 uconnect and it has changed my life! this car will have that as an option!
Sneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 46710

Quote: Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
I asked about the car while buying my charger r/t. The guy at the dealer said they were planning on an awd SRT, just not the first year. He might have been blowing smoke but that would be ill. Also, I have the 8.4 uconnect and it has changed my life! this car will have that as an option!

Not going to happen...would be too expensive. It would more than likely be a FWD platform to compete with Ford's Focus ST.
A-Town SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #55 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by A-Town SRT View Post
Not going to happen...would be too expensive. It would more than likely be a FWD platform to compete with Ford's Focus ST.

this. and price wise it should def compete.. my brother works at ford and says they will be charging about 30k for the focus st new. If thats true, then that is ridiculous.

When srts came out they were under 20? Acr was 21ish?

Prices have gotten outta hand.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #56 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 1564

If they are going to make an SRT-4 version of this car, then I hope they keep it cheap and don't forget that the SRT-4 (both Neon and Caliber) always was foremost an enthusiasts car. Hopefully, they don't bollocks it all up with another proprietary, encrypted PCM that blocks the aftermarket even for data logging let alone tuning. The Mopar Performance "Stage" PCM's were decent on the NSRT, especially the Stage 3 kit. But the MS1 on the Caliber was a bit daft and a real turn-off because of the way it restricted throttle openings when successful tuning exceeded some arbitrary TQ value.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #57 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 7373

Dealerships and the salesmen contained within, are 99% of the time, the absolute last people to know anything about the products they sell. Especially one that isn't on the lot yet.

I have a sinking sensation they're going to load the SRT4 up with technology and luxury, and sell it at a stupid price. And then wonder why everyone is buying turbo Velosters.

"This car is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson
SRT-4 to SRT8, SRT-4 Production Epitaph, Canadian SRT-4 Registry
toasteroven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by toasteroven View Post
Dealerships and the salesmen contained within, are 99% of the time, the absolute last people to know anything about the products they sell. Especially one that isn't on the lot yet.

I have a sinking sensation they're going to load the SRT4 up with technology and luxury, and sell it at a stupid price. And then wonder why everyone is buying turbo Velosters.

my parents love hyundais and brought me a booklet from the dealer thinking id be interested. i also saw the car at the autoshow a couple months ago. looks wise and gizmos wise.... great. power wise
Old 12-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #59 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 36825

The dart was just a compact car back then it turned into a muscle car after Mr. Norm got ahold of it and showed chrysler that you can put a big block in it.It looks ok it will replace the avenger but the turbo model should be the 2.4 motor with a 6 speed.
SRT Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #60 (permalink)
SRTforums Photoshop Expert

Member Number: 1660

If you look at the spy-pic is has an analog spedo. I'm guessing that the right side might be interchangeable depending on the options you have. That, or the digital speedo is just a read-out of what the analog already shows you. Whichever you prefer. it could also just be the average speed display, not the current speed as everyone is assuming.

And lets not forget power doesn't tell the whole story behind the wheel. Just because it has what you'd call a small number, doesn't mean it won't be fast... if nothing more than how it feels when you DRIVE it.

The Avenger is going bye-bye, btw - the 200 will live on in the next platform. There is rumor of Chrysler getting the 'hatch' version of this car as well, again so there is no overlap between brands.

They're looking to price this thing just above the Fiat500, so I'm guessing.. 15-16k basest model SE, and 25k fully loaded R/T. Not bad considering the Camry and Civic prices. And this thing should out-shine them in other ways too, like the technology department and customisation. 6 wheel choices, 14 interior choices and 12 exterior choices. I'm just gonna guess that the dash lighting is changeable too. Considering this show car will be red, it comes with no surprise that the interior lighting is also red.

www.dart-mouth.com is allpar's page dedicated to the new dart and any new information on it.

The rumor on the AWD SRT comes from this page: [link].
Odds are it'll be FWD. But we'll see. Don't take everything on that thread for gospel though.

Won a Dodge Dart. It's MINE nao!

Last edited by suzq044; 12-15-2011 at 09:24 PM.
suzq044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement