The Next SRT-4? Dodge Dart - Page 2 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > General Car Discussion > General Car Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 54627

Did I miss where it said it was FWD or RWD?

360Jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 28038

I am going to assume this is FWD. I highly doubt it is RWD. As far as which transmissions? and an AWD. I doubt it... Dodge tool'd with a caliber AWD version and could never figure out how to stop blowing up the trans. So I doubt there will be an AWD version. Would be nice though. But totally could see this as a srt version. Only thing that looks funky is that hood. Very PT cruiser like.

BoostedPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 77737

if its an srt4. would they use the 1.4 turbo for it? the 2.4 isnt turbo apparently
ahmed24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Member Number: 11888
Lifetime Premium Member

Something to keep in mind here: Enthusiasts that love the SRT-4 are great, however that is NOT even remotely the goal that Dodge has in mind here. How many base Neons were sold for every SRT-4 that was sold? 10 to 1? 20 to 1? Probably even more than that. The success of a car company like Chrysler isn't based on the performance models, but the base model that ma and pa buy for their college kids or jack the accountant buys for his 60 mile daily commute. This car MUST be a hit, and I mean absolutely MUST... the plain fact of the matter here is that the Dodge Caliber is not in any way cutting it as the 'compact four door' for Dodge, and with the current market for fuel only getting worse, as prices rise people will look for alternative smaller cars, the same thing that kicked Chrysler's ass big time a couple years ago.

The SRT team will do their magic later I'm sure
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 81847

looks like it will sell def wont be rwd but they really should doe there arent any american compact RWD cars and the Genesis is doing decent and that Subaru/Toyota coupe is gonna sell like hot cakes a tubro RWD compact sports car would compete right in that segment and AWD i think would cost to much maybe after a few years with strong enough sales like how they did with the charger/300C the front has a mustang look no ???

datsrtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 87032

looks pretty cool, I am interested in seeing the overall look and finish of this
Stealthie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 11813

I'm pretty excited for this car.

They say it's adapted from the Alfa Romeo Giulietta....which is a pretty nice car. This is going to be the new Dodge car that starts getting queues from Alfa Romeo / Fiat. So...just put the Dodge stuff in the first website and I think this car will looks pretty darn good.

Satellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 54207

why you guys think this release is talking about the srt model baffles me. the fact the 2.4 non fi is going to be in the R/T edition this means srt would obviously get the bump up in the tiger shark series motors. dodge is trying to replace the neon before they replace the srt-4 here guys.

tigershark series engines
1.8l turbo- 148hp @ 6400 rpm 28/35mpg (2014 est hp = 220)
2.0l - 158hp @ 6400 rpm 28/34mpg (2014 est hp =155-160)
2.4l - 172hp @ 6000 rpm 25/31mpg (2014 est hp =175-180)
2.4l turbo - 285hp 22/28mpg (2014 est hp = 255-300)

Quote:
While all the engines use essentially the same block, displacement is changed by shortening the stroke or using thicker piston liners. The pistons themselves have short skirts and friction-reducing graphite patches. The crankshaft is forged steel, is located above the balance shaft/oil pump, and draws oil from the oil pan; it includes an integrated pump. The blocks are all automatically measured at the factory and key components such as pistons and bearings are matched to individual engines to reduce machining and noise, while increasing engine efficiency.

also the chassis is set up for FWD and AWD. SRT wont know what they are going to do until they can set up some kind cost analysis when the transmissions are blueprinted and quoted to them. i mean they probably dont even have thier hands on a chasis yet.

Holy shit people it's not that hard...
SELL - "i would like to SELL an item"
SALE - "i have this item for SALE"

Last edited by RacingShoeBox; 12-07-2011 at 07:21 AM.
RacingShoeBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86067

I need to pay of my neon and make tis my DD lol! I loved the old darts!
FORCEFED7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86067

Quote: Originally Posted by 360Jeepboy View Post
Did I miss where it said it was FWD or RWD?

FWD... Bummer really! Why bring back a muscle car if its not going to be a muscle car? I'd love to see this as a RWD as well but I dont think it'll happen
2013 Dodge Dart – News – Car and Driver
FORCEFED7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Member Number: 5417
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by BoostedPDX View Post
I am going to assume this is FWD. I highly doubt it is RWD. As far as which transmissions? and an AWD. I doubt it... Dodge tool'd with a caliber AWD version and could never figure out how to stop blowing up the trans. So I doubt there will be an AWD version. Would be nice though. But totally could see this as a srt version. Only thing that looks funky is that hood. Very PT cruiser like.

Where did you hear they kept blowing transmissions?
Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 42633

Quote: Originally Posted by FORCEFED7 View Post
FWD... Bummer really! Why bring back a muscle car if its not going to be a muscle car? I'd love to see this as a RWD as well but I dont think it'll happen
2013 Dodge Dart – News – Car and Driver

The Dart was not a muscle car, it was an entry level small car just like the Neon. The vast majority of Darts, Dusters and Valiants were sold with Slant Six engines that made less than 150hp. The exceptions were the Dart 340, Swinger and the Demon; even those compared to a stock Neon SRT-4 were considerably slower. Lets not start bringing back the ole muscle car fairy tales. I will gaurantee you even a base level New Dart would run circles around a stock old Dart of any trim.

Needless to say, If Dodge comes out with a 300hp AWD SRT-4 (Maybe even FWD) I will have a black one sitting next to my 2011 Charger R/T in the garage.

Last edited by desertsoldier22; 12-07-2011 at 08:53 AM.
desertsoldier22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
"Made" Member

Member Number: 1109
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by RacingShoeBox View Post
why you guys think this release is talking about the srt model baffles me. the fact the 2.4 non fi is going to be in the R/T edition this means srt would obviously get the bump up in the tiger shark series motors. dodge is trying to replace the neon before they replace the srt-4 here guys.

tigershark series engines
1.8l turbo- 148hp @ 6400 rpm 28/35mpg (2014 est hp = 220)
2.0l - 158hp @ 6400 rpm 28/34mpg (2014 est hp =155-160)
2.4l - 172hp @ 6000 rpm 25/31mpg (2014 est hp =175-180)
2.4l turbo - 285hp 22/28mpg (2014 est hp = 255-300)

also the chassis is set up for FWD and AWD. SRT wont know what they are going to do until they can set up some kind cost analysis when the transmissions are blueprinted and quoted to them. i mean they probably dont even have thier hands on a chasis yet.

This is the Next chassis for the upcoming SRT-4.

the car will be shown in the Detroit Auto Show in Dodge clothing on 1-9-2012, this means SRT has already begun testing the chassis, doing pcm calibrations with a turbo engine (hidden in a Giulietta).

the ARG weighs in between 2890 and 2960 lbs with all the technology packed in and safety features of today. That is a lot more then what the Neon SRT-4 had but around the same weight.
NIVO88T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 54207

Quote: Originally Posted by NIVO88T View Post
This is the Next chassis for the upcoming SRT-4.

the car will be shown in the Detroit Auto Show in Dodge clothing on 1-9-2012, this means SRT has already begun testing the chassis, doing pcm calibrations with a turbo engine (hidden in a Giulietta).

the ARG weighs in between 2890 and 2960 lbs with all the technology packed in and safety features of today. That is a lot more then what the Neon SRT-4 had but around the same weight.

makes sense. yeah i know its the srt chassis just saying that everyone seems to think the fiat turbo motor is going to be the srt model motor when it just doesnt make sense having an srt with less power then an R/T

Holy shit people it's not that hard...
SELL - "i would like to SELL an item"
SALE - "i have this item for SALE"
RacingShoeBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
"Made" Member

Member Number: 1109
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by RacingShoeBox View Post
makes sense. yeah i know its the srt chassis just saying that everyone seems to think the fiat turbo motor is going to be the srt model motor when it just doesnt make sense having an srt with less power then an R/T

With this being the most current ever Chassis for any SRT-4 SRT will have plenty to put into it.

The car will not only go quick in a straight line but it will also handle better then the other SRT-4's lets not even mention an ACR package version

SRT finally has a good strong chassis to work with this time around and not a weak or dated chassis to turn into an SRT vehicle.
NIVO88T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement