Originally Posted by AllForSRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by StndIbnz
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonDan
screw the challenger RT...more on the Viper SRT10 v2.0
The 8.X Viper will only become a reality if things turn around with the 8.4 Viper. If supply meets demand then they will turn to the next gen.

However because the 8.4 is on a predicted 18 month production run as of right now it leaves the all new Viper on the back burner for a little while.
y would they get rid of the viper for low sales?? it's a LOW production car to begin with!

P.S.- THANK YOU FOR BRINGING BACK THE THREAD!!!!
It is a low production car, and doesnt turn a profit for DCX. However with the insane amount of left over 06 SRT10's sitting on dealer lots Chrysler is weighing their option on if its worth it to build a halo car no one is going to buy.

It is there 100 percent for image, but if the public is no longer buying into the image it will be discontinued. With the Z06 out and an onslaught of almost every other major manufacture pushing into the 75-100k dollar sports car market its going to be tough in the years ahead.

which is why all the attention has to be focused on the 2008 Viper. If this thing flops its a sure fire sign the Viper has more than a foot in the grave. However if the 08 can sling shot past the Z06 and devolp a serious stir again, then the future will be bright for the Viper.
Wouldn't a simple solution of just making the car lower production solve that? I mean they had to shut the plan down for a couple of months just to help sell vipers. I'd hate to see the Viper go, but Im damn sure that with a lot of cross platform sharing as you guys stated it will stay in business.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 09:41 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santorican
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StndIbnz
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonDan
screw the challenger RT...more on the Viper SRT10 v2.0
The 8.X Viper will only become a reality if things turn around with the 8.4 Viper. If supply meets demand then they will turn to the next gen.

However because the 8.4 is on a predicted 18 month production run as of right now it leaves the all new Viper on the back burner for a little while.
y would they get rid of the viper for low sales?? it's a LOW production car to begin with!

P.S.- THANK YOU FOR BRINGING BACK THE THREAD!!!!
It is a low production car, and doesnt turn a profit for DCX. However with the insane amount of left over 06 SRT10's sitting on dealer lots Chrysler is weighing their option on if its worth it to build a halo car no one is going to buy.

It is there 100 percent for image, but if the public is no longer buying into the image it will be discontinued. With the Z06 out and an onslaught of almost every other major manufacture pushing into the 75-100k dollar sports car market its going to be tough in the years ahead.

which is why all the attention has to be focused on the 2008 Viper. If this thing flops its a sure fire sign the Viper has more than a foot in the grave. However if the 08 can sling shot past the Z06 and devolp a serious stir again, then the future will be bright for the Viper.
Wouldn't a simple solution of just making the car lower production solve that? I mean they had to shut the plan down for a couple of months just to help sell vipers. I'd hate to see the Viper go, but Im damn sure that with a lot of cross platform sharing as you guys stated it will stay in business.

They doing what they do with every car, OVERBUILD! Vipers should be built on an ordered basis, then they wouldn't have this problem.

2k2 silver strat sxt. F-5 V3 intake--Slyvania SilverStar Turn and Headlight Bulbs--Short Antenna--Radar Detector--iPod Player
Cardomain site
post #48 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 09:53 PM
SRTforums Member

thank you for bring this thread back!!!!!!!

dcx - u listening? Avenger SRT6 AWD and/or Nitro SRT6/8 - build it/them they will come!!

post #49 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 06:53 AM
SRTforums Member

If the avenger SRT is NOT AWD, I personally think that they'll be making a very HUGE mistake.. no one will want a 350+ Hp sedan w/fwd (at least I wouldn't - The SRT-4 is enough of a pain in the ass @ about 300HP)

'11 MK6 GTI - Stage 2 APR
post #50 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENapa
How the hell does Isuzu stay in business?
Funded by Toyota...
post #51 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3it3r
If the avenger SRT is NOT AWD, I personally think that they'll be making a very HUGE mistake.. no one will want a 350+ Hp sedan w/fwd (at least I wouldn't - The SRT-4 is enough of a pain in the ass @ about 300HP)
Torque management...a new ECU designed by Siemmens will ensure that the FWD doesn''t lose traction.

Also, the next range of force induction cars/trucks/SUV will get the return fuel management system.

Last edited by hemidakota; 12-04-2006 at 07:28 AM.
post #52 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 07:25 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemidakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3it3r
Torque management...a new ECU designed by Siemmens will ensure that the FWD doesn''t lose traction.

Also, the next range of force induction cars/trucks/SUV will get the retrun fuel management system.
I guess we will be making our judgment on how well the Caliber SRT-4 torque management works. If it does indeed work as well as I have heard then I can understand why then opted out of AWD....but still it would have been nice.

Still waiting for a 2009 AWD Turbo SRT-6 Avenger...
post #53 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 08:44 AM
SRTforums Member

I will not be buying the Avenger if it is not AWD. I will be getting an EVO X or a leftover IX if there are any.

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get rich quick theory of life.
-Theodore Roosevelt-

Every generation needs a new revolution.
-Thomas Jefferson-
post #54 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:32 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENapa
I will not be buying the Avenger if it is not AWD. I will be getting an EVO X or a leftover IX if there are any.
If I were in the market for something in that sector, I'd do the same

'11 MK6 GTI - Stage 2 APR
post #55 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
SRTforums Member

I would prefer to stick with Dodge, but I really want something with AWD. It sometimes snows where I live and I need to be able to handle bad weather. Don't get me wrong, FWD is fine. I would just feel better driving with AWD.

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get rich quick theory of life.
-Theodore Roosevelt-

-Thomas Jefferson-
post #56 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 01:20 AM
SRTforums Member

SRT-6 Avenger FWD...

The only thing wrong with my SRT-4 is that its FWD...cant wait to be able to afford a Jeep SRT-8.

Get in,
Sit down,
Shut up,
and hold on...Mopar 2 ya
post #57 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Smart To Offer Special "Edition Limited One" ForTwo Model At Launch

eMERCEDESBENZ.COM - - In addition to announcing the new fortwo will be celebrating it's world premier in Bologna later this month, smart also released details today of a limited edition model that will coincide with the minicar's launch in April of 2007.

Titled the smart fortwo "edition limited one", the special model features a 71 horsepower petrol engine, silver tridion safety cell and body panels in exclusive pyrite grey metallic, silver door mirror caps and radiator grill, panoramic roof with sun blind and 15" light alloy wheels with a six-spoke design. Inside, the seats, gear knob and three-spoke steering wheel all feature cognac-brown used nappa leather look, with other highlights including air conditioning with automatic temperature control, heated seats, a cockpit clock and rev counter...

Keep Reading "Smart To Offer Special "Edition Limited One" ForTwo Model At Launch"
post #58 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

post #59 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 09:13 AM
SRTforums Member

If anyone hasn't yet, please vote in my poll. It has to do with Avenger SRT 6 drivetrain configuration.

Avenger SRT6....

-Theodore Roosevelt-

-Thomas Jefferson-
post #60 of 6403 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 05:17 PM
SRTforums Member

Hemi, Firepower is missing from your list. Did that thing get canned finally or was it left out by accident?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode