FUTURE Chrysler Products - Read & Heed - Page 2 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > General Car Discussion > General Car Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 4408

Sorry it is going to be FWD. I really may not be getting it. I don't absolutely need AWD, but during the winter it would be nice since sometimes it snows where I live. I'm still unsure. I love this thread though.

Every generation needs a new revolution.
-Thomas Jefferson-
ENapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 19776

The Avenger SRT being FWD is a dealbreaker for me. One of these days Dodge will catch on and build a high hp AWD vehicle.

With the Challenger starting production so early, does that mean they will be available in the fall of 07?? I would consider waiting for the Challenger, but I'm not willing to pay a markup, which means that I'll have to wait another couple years past it's debut. They won't catch up with demand on the Challenger for 2-3 years I'm guessing. Which is exactly why I'm considering getting another vehicle now.

Thanks for bringing the thread back!!
Big Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 5077

Quote: Originally Posted by Big Country
The Avenger SRT being FWD is a dealbreaker for me. One of these days Dodge will catch on and build a high hp AWD vehicle.

With the Challenger starting production so early, does that mean they will be available in the fall of 07?? I would consider waiting for the Challenger, but I'm not willing to pay a markup, which means that I'll have to wait another couple years past it's debut. They won't catch up with demand on the Challenger for 2-3 years I'm guessing. Which is exactly why I'm considering getting another vehicle now.

(jeep srt8) but yeah I agree, I REALLY like the Avenger, and would love an SRT version, but I will never buy a high horespower FWD car ever again
Old 11-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 272

Early out of the gate for the Challenger...
hemidakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 19776

Yeah, I know the Jeep SRT8 is AWD, I guess I should have said a high hp AWD car...lol.

That's good the Challenger is coming out earlier than expected. If I could get assurance from a dealership to sell at MSRP, I'd wait. But I know the chances of that happening are about as good as me walking into my bedroom and finding Jessica Simpson laying on my bed naked.
Big Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 38507

Quote: Originally Posted by hemidakota

thats great news. does this mean we may see more than just one challenger making its rounds at the car shows after NAIS? and i mean more like the production challenger, not the SEMA show challenger. i still have yet to see it and being in pittsburgh, we didnt get to see it last year, i'm just hoping this year it will be here.
bigdaddywiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 13966

Quote: Originally Posted by bigdaddywiz
Quote: Originally Posted by hemidakota

thats great news. does this mean we may see more than just one challenger making its rounds at the car shows after NAIS? and i mean more like the production challenger, not the SEMA show challenger. i still have yet to see it and being in pittsburgh, we didnt get to see it last year, i'm just hoping this year it will be here.

Yes, someone get pre-production pics of the Challenger, they say it will be like the prototype/concept, but I doubt it will look that nice, I mean look what they did to the Charger.

edited by peteblksrt4
neonelite10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 27150

Glad to see this thread back!

Challenger SRT8 in 09 for me please.

Interesting about the early release of the challenger. I am still wondering if it is indeed true. Only time will tell.

Mopar Stage 2 w/ Toys
Mopar Turboback
Mopar Stage 1 Springs
Mopar STS
Mopar Wires
Motor Mount Inserts

[live]SRT4S2[/live]
RumbleMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 929

Also glad to see the thread of all threads is back. 09 will be a good year.
gliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

MY2009, calendar year 2008, is going to bad ass. Challenger SRT8, Avenger SRT6, Hornet, and Razor. I'm going to have some really really tough decisions that year it looks like.

-Thomas Jefferson-
Old 12-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 4494

...since nonone has noticed or cared to mention...I see that a 6.9L hemi will be available...lets see some quick math.. and LOOKS LIKE THE KING ELEPHANT WILL RETURN... 426 BABY !!!! *Starts Jumping up and down*

ps- I know 6.9L may not be exactly 426 but its damn close enough!!!
and hold on...Mopar 2 ya
Mopar2ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 19054
Default screw it

screw the challenger, is the razor a definate go then? i have been waiting for this car for 4 years or whatever, when it was a prototype initially. i think i was one of the first 100 people on the petition list for this car. i am so freaking excited. i hope it comes as it was supposed to, 250hp, rwd, 13-14k, no nonsense, super low weight, and looks just like the concept. please god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thing will eat elise's alive if its delivered the way it was supposed to be.
x'ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I do not see it being any less than 20k. The Razor that is.

-Thomas Jefferson-
Old 12-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 19054

is that just personal opinion or have you heard something? the car is supposed to be as basic as possible, it should be dirt cheap to produce. if its over 20 i think they are making a mistake. it shouldnt have leather and ac and crap like that, its supposed to be a balls out street legal race car.
x'ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I have not heard anything. It's just an educated guess. Even if it is bare bones if it has 250hp then it will have a fairly stout engine, along with an upgraded trans. I mean look at the 2003 SRT4. Nothing but power, and it was still 19,995.

-Thomas Jefferson-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement