Dodge SRT Forum banner

What's new in the SRT world?

6K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  thepowertowin 
#1 ·
It's been so long since I've regularly followed anything on this forum. I'm curious what old timers are still around and to see if there are any serious neons still out there. In my area anyone who knew anything about neons are all gone. All I can find are a bunch of kids without a clue. Please say it's not the same thing here...

#2 ·
Yep it sucks now, a bunch of moron kids own these cars now and ask dumbass questions on failbook.

Reactions: njshift
#3 ·
Only way to learn is to ask questions. Even if their dumb as shit. Lol. I'm not sure how it was back in the day, but the site feels pretty dead and I've only been here for a month. Is there any other forum besides facebook? I've looked and everywhere is dead.

#4 ·
You do learn by asking questions. Hell, that's how I learned. But before the sub forums weren't as important. They were there, but "SRT Discussion" was packed. You could hit refresh every 30 seconds and there was a new post on a different thread. There were a lot of really respectable guys too. Much of which seem to be gone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Yeahh. I've been doing a lot of research and there's so many posts it's hard to find certain stuff. Then when I ask questions half the time I'm ignored. Lol. Some may be stupid but everyone starts somewhere. But that's the whole point of a forum

#6 ·
While the fact that the car only lasted 3 years a decade ago doesn't help, I still mostly blame facebook for the forums being (mostly, some people, including your truely, keep truckin') dead.

What a horrible platform for sharing and archiving relevant information. It's only good to spam sell and attention whore for likes IMO.

#7 ·
I am in the middle of changing turbo setups and upgrading to the FullBlown hanger fuel system. I am trying out that Borg Warner S257 turbo with their twin scroll log manifold. The S257 is supposed to be very similar to the EFR7670 in size and design. Car has a built tranny, Forward Motion E2 shortblock, Ported head, the works with a 10 point cage. I am still out here surprising people to say the least. Car has 21k on it so it is a clean example too.

#8 ·
This site is a ghost town, has been for a while. I'm on the verge of buying another SRT, and was all excited as this place had insane amounts of traffic, but now is pretty quiet

#10 ·
What are the Facebook groups that cause all the drama? I know there's quite a few of them out there, but I'm not on any, so I want to keep it that way. Any good ones?

#13 ·
The reason I don't use facebook is because I see the same questions asked everyday. It gets old. I only use the North Florida srt-4 page for most things.

I remember before failbook came out, this was and still is the site that has the most information on it. A lot of the BS on facebook isn't even the right information.

Reactions: njshift
#15 ·
It's definitely the fact that this car hasn't been made in 10 years, and they only made a small amount of them. As well as the fact that the cars are owned by teenagers in high school these days, who have no idea what a forum is.

Other car forums for vehicles still in production (for higher age groups) are poppin.

#17 ·
Thats probably a good thing. Less knowledgeable maybe but I'm guessing more mature? Its the new batch of 18 year old high school punks , who think they know it all, to be the problem.....

#18 ·
More mature and more reasonable on the prices. The young people take so much pride in their hondas that it makes getting one for cheap hard nowadays. It's ridiculous. The older people are less knowledgable, but only because the younger try everything because they're apathetic

#21 ·
I'm on many forums and most see alot less traffic due to facebook, it's definitely not just here. There's plenty of good info to be found if you have TIME to filter thru the BS.

I agree with above, the same questions get asked all too often. You can't search facebook so that's part of the problem. It's way too easy to spread misinformation and get scammed with the LACK of real moderation there as well.

#22 ·
There is a reason this is only my 37th post in 10 years lol... I search. But it seems like the only guys on the forum anymore are the originals or a fresh owner introducing himself and asking the same questions that have been answered a thousand times. It's a shame I miss the days of Group Buys and new vendors popping up every month.

#23 ·
Some of the true enthusiasts still lurk about the plumbing here. I was on some of the Facebook groups; unfortunately they seem to be run more by people who want to be able to claim they run a Facebook group and churn drama then give two shits about the car.

I'm tempted to create an invite-only, owners-only group... but that's too much structure for my tastes. The best way is to card SRT-4s you see in the wild locally with "hey fellow SRT-4 owner, ping me if you are interested in meeting other owners" type contact info.

Use Google to search SRTForums; it works better I find than the built in search here. Type what you want to look for, and follow it with "site:srtforums.com". You can also use the search tools to narrow the date.

Keep on boostin'.

#24 ·
This is a thread I'd like to contribute to. I may not be a veteran member, but I am at heart. I 110% agree about Facebook. The population is thick with flat-billed sideways hat wearin' argumentative and arrogant teenagers whose mommy and daddy spoiled them with a fast car (I'm not profiling at all :lol:). I believe the page on Facebook you are referring to is "SRT-Owners". That particular group has almost 10,000 members. I have always been an avid hater of social member and only created a Facebook account just last year for the sole purpose of using local SRT groups for parts. Literally all my "friends" on Facebook are SRT people, not a single family member or other friend.

Now about this forum.... It seems there are a lot of crabby members on here. I've had a few veterans snap at me for no reason, and I'm always polite and considerate. I like to choose my words carefully as to not piss anyone off. Very sensitive in here it seems, but maybe that's just me. I won't even talk about the "search search search before posting" thing because that's been covered a million times. But honestly, a lot of the oldddddddd information we see when searching is outdated and contains broken picture links from defunct photosharing sites or ancient accounts. It's nice to have current information and insights. I really wish I had been around from 2002-2007. Seemed like the golden era for this forum.

Anyways, just felt like contributing. Hopefully we can all reunite on a fresh forum when the Dart SRT is released. I look forward to being a veteran on that platform and sucking the last bit of life out of this one in the meantime. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Jeremy Smolik
#27 ·
1000% agree. I am always respectful towards others and choose my words carefully. I make a serious attempt to solve any problems I have myself; which includes checking all related manuals and using the search feature here. Mostly broken links or outdated info. Should you choose to post in the thread you find related to your problem to gain more info, you either get no reply at all because it is so old or you get flamed for bringing an old thread back to life. The bitter vet syndrome was already present here when I joined and it definitely curb my enthusiasm for the place as more than an archive.

#29 ·
I'll agree as well with the no pics , broken links part. Sucks alot of the best info ( how to section ) has threads so old that things are broken, when most people are looking for pics, because as we all know it does make the learning process easier. I've been floating around since 2010, member in late 2011, and the traffic was obviously much higher. Hell even then the active topic page would have all new posts / threads every hour. Now I've seen some threads stay on the active topic page , with no new posts 3 days later.

What ever happened to undersrtarmor or Memphis?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.