Went to get alarm activated today and listen to this story.... - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > SRT-4 Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2004, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 4898
Default Went to get alarm activated today and listen to this story....

After waitin about 20 min the head tech comes out and hes your neon doesnt come with an alarm! I look right back at him im like sir im positive there is one, just dodge doesnt activate them for reason you have to get it activated. Hes like theres no such thing. He pulls out some BS paper showing all the options on my car. See no alarm, im like dude what is this let me show u sumthin. I GRAB MY OWNERS MANUAL and go read this about the alarm and how its suppose blink red. The guy walks away and says brb. So he comes back with the service manual biggg ass book newayz, and he goes it says SOME have an alarm. HE says do u have a minute. So we go out to the car and he takes that computer thing with him. Im like is that the EG3 thingy he goes yah why? I pulled out the handy instructions i got off the forums and went through it with him. It didnt work then i remebered, the hood wasnt popped! So he goes alright well try it again all nasty...
Took but 30 seconds we then get to the part and hes like see it only has "RKE", you want me to chaneg this to "VTA"? YEA!! alrighty...Sure enough the red light came on and we went to open the door and the alarm sounded.
The guy turns at me and goes im sorry sir I guess you learn sumthing new each day. Im like no prob its a none prob with this cars and dodge really should straighten it out with the dealerships..And off I went happy in my lil Red SRT-4.

HAHA sry for all the blab just thought id share

Stage 2 w/o toys
Mopar BOV
Mopar STS with BB
Mopar Taillights
AGP Dogbone Motor Mounts
Magnecor 8.5mm wires
NGK Iridiums gapped .040
MPx 3" Turboback Exhaust
Johnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2004, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 2759

Wait you have to have the hood open in order for the alarm activation? I went one time and we couldn't find it. Maybe I should try it again with the hood open. Is this a new thing cause when I had my directions nothing like this was mentioned.
Speedooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 6575

THat rocks man, Its always good to see someone eat their own words when you are right and they are wrong.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 3298

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny5
After waitin about 20 min the head tech comes out and hes your neon doesnt come with an alarm! I look right back at him im like sir im positive there is one, just dodge doesnt activate them for reason you have to get it activated. Hes like theres no such thing. He pulls out some BS paper showing all the options on my car. See no alarm, im like dude what is this let me show u sumthin. I GRAB MY OWNERS MANUAL and go read this about the alarm and how its suppose blink red. The guy walks away and says brb. So he comes back with the service manual biggg ass book newayz, and he goes it says SOME have an alarm. HE says do u have a minute. So we go out to the car and he takes that computer thing with him. Im like is that the EG3 thingy he goes yah why? I pulled out the handy instructions i got off the forums and went through it with him. It didnt work then i remebered, the hood wasnt popped! So he goes alright well try it again all nasty...
Took but 30 seconds we then get to the part and hes like see it only has "RKE", you want me to chaneg this to "VTA"? YEA!! alrighty...Sure enough the red light came on and we went to open the door and the alarm sounded.
The guy turns at me and goes im sorry sir I guess you learn sumthing new each day. Im like no prob its a none prob with this cars and dodge really should straighten it out with the dealerships..And off I went happy in my lil Red SRT-4.

HAHA sry for all the blab just thought id share

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me...minus all the yelling and swearing. Congrats on being persistent.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 6291

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE HOOD OPEN FOR THE ALARM TO BE ACTIVATED. No SRT comes with the hood or trunk sensor. If it had the hood sensor Then you have to open the hood. He must have messed up the first time. Read the Factory Service Manual it will tell you
2004 Solar Yellow Neon...Magnum Header (Ceramic Coated)...Mopar Dual Exhaust...Mopar White Oil Pressure and Volt Gauges...Kicker Livin' Loud System...Mopar Remote Start...SRT CONVERSION COMING SOON...(Cheaper Insurance )

2004 Seamist Green PT GT...Mopar Stage 1 PCM...Mopar Stage 2 Wastegate...Mopar BOV...Mopar Dual Exhaust...Mopar 06+ Plastic Intake...Mopar Silver Boost and Volt Gauges...Mopar Subwoofer...Mopar Remote Start...More Coming Soon...
smjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 9100

sorry, new here. is there an alarm in all SRT4's that just isn't activated?
dongnong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

There is an Alarm on ALL Neon models since 2000 as long as you have keyless entry.
2004 Solar Yellow Neon...Magnum Header (Ceramic Coated)...Mopar Dual Exhaust...Mopar White Oil Pressure and Volt Gauges...Kicker Livin' Loud System...Mopar Remote Start...SRT CONVERSION COMING SOON...(Cheaper Insurance )

2004 Seamist Green PT GT...Mopar Stage 1 PCM...Mopar Stage 2 Wastegate...Mopar BOV...Mopar Dual Exhaust...Mopar 06+ Plastic Intake...Mopar Silver Boost and Volt Gauges...Mopar Subwoofer...Mopar Remote Start...More Coming Soon...
Old 03-26-2004, 04:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 3298

Quote: Originally Posted by smjames23
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE HOOD OPEN FOR THE ALARM TO BE ACTIVATED

That's incorrect. At a minimum, the hood latch needs to be released for the DB3 to activate the alarm. In fact, the DB3 will prompt to technician to do it during the activation if it has not yet been released.
Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
Snake Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Curveball Champion, Yetisports Ylmypics Champion

Member Number: 3626
Lifetime Premium Member

johnny5 or someone who has the instructions for this. Could you please e-mail it to me so when I bring my car in for the 1k service I get them to activate it? Thanks
if you dont wanna post it here please pm me here.
vschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 1710

the service guy told me, you open the hood for everytihng when messing with the settings.. before he connected it, he was like pop the hood.. this was all after the dealership was telling me i had no alarm

really? only allowed 100 in height??
cant even see the damn sigs anymore
e36 m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 1260

Yes please, post up the instructions. Might go tonight, shit. How long does it take?
2JZkidGTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Well I know the dealer didnt open mine. I stood right next to him the entire time.

Instructions STRAIGHT from the factory service manual are as follows...

Switching Operating Modes/Configuring a New Module

To switch operating modes or to configure a new module, a DRB III scan tool must be used.

(1) Hook up the DRB III scan tool to the Data Link Connector (DLC).
(2) With the key in the ignition, turn the key to the RUN position.
(3) After the DRB III scan tool initialization, perform the following:
(a) Select "Theft Alarm."
(b) Select "VTSS."
(c) Select "Miscellaneous."
(4) Once in the "Miscellaneous" screen:
(a) If you wish to configure a new module, select "Configure Module."
(b) If you wish to put the module into customer usage mode,
select "Enable VTSS."
(c) If you wish to put the module into dealer lot mode, select "Dealer Lot."

Old 03-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I will post the entire VTSS chapter when i get time to type it. The electronic service manual wont let me copy and paste. Digital Rights Managment Stuff.

Hopefully after taking all that time to type it it will become a sticky.

Old 03-26-2004, 05:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
Snake Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Curveball Champion, Yetisports Ylmypics Champion

Member Number: 3626
Lifetime Premium Member

ty smjames23 I will look forward to getting the rest later from you
vschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 8248

the hood does have to be open. the drb will tell you to open it. if you dont it wont activate the alarm.
ampsyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement