Sunroof Trouble - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > SRT-4 Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 31633
Default Sunroof Trouble

About a month ago, my sunroof stopped opening and closing correctly. After searching on here I found out that a pin had wiggled its way loose. I pushed the pin back in and it worked fine for a while. Now, my sunroof will only open up about half-way vertically, but won't move the rest of the way vertically or back horizontally at all. Once it gets to this point it occasionally won't come back down. Since its not the pins, does anyone have any ideas?
Stage 1, BWoody H-Brace & Traction Bars, BWoody Catch Can, ACR Rear Sway Bar, Mopar Catback, Ebay Intake, BC Coilovers, Mopar STS, 18x7.5 5zigen fn10r-c, Fiber Images CF Hood, MPX Intercooler, Slow Boy Racing Crash bar, LED/Halo Headlights, JMB Hard Pipes, HKS SSQ BOV, Ported Intake Manifold, LFS 60mm Throttle Body. My car is slower than yours

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f41/...thread-448014/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 63026

I had the same problem a few months ago. I took it to the dealership and they said that there was no more grease on the sliders and there was some dirt and debris blocking it form opening all the way.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I have some white lithium grease. Should that work?
Stage 1, BWoody H-Brace & Traction Bars, BWoody Catch Can, ACR Rear Sway Bar, Mopar Catback, Ebay Intake, BC Coilovers, Mopar STS, 18x7.5 5zigen fn10r-c, Fiber Images CF Hood, MPX Intercooler, Slow Boy Racing Crash bar, LED/Halo Headlights, JMB Hard Pipes, HKS SSQ BOV, Ported Intake Manifold, LFS 60mm Throttle Body. My car is slower than yours

Old 04-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 4408

That should work. Also check to make sure the pins are still ok. Sometimes they will slide back in on their own and the sunroof will work.

Every generation needs a new revolution.
-Thomas Jefferson-
Old 04-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 50159

check the rails for debris.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 28516

mine broke over a year and a half ago, anyone have pictures or a fix.
mine jams once in a while, but if I push the clip back up before I slide the roof, it opens ok and closes ok
Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 56330

i just took mine in to the dealership cuz part of the track was busted, that could be the prob, i couldnt see the part that was broken right away but after i took it apart i decided to take it in cuz its still under warranty if yours is that would be the best thing to do they would replace the whole assembly free if youre still under warranty
Old 04-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I'm under 36 months, but over 36k miles so no warranty. I really hate that it worked all cold winter and now that its getting warm it breaks.....

Old 04-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

aww damn that sucks man, maybe search ebay or local junkyards im sure they can find a used sunroof for you.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 41718

Check here sunroofdoctor.com. or click here --> 2000 Hope this helps

Last edited by thuggishtavo; 04-22-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 04-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I haven't found any broken pieces so far, but those pieces are much more reasonable than a $750 replacement roof from the dealer.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Ok, I removed the glass and inspected the system. On one side there is a small plastic piece that the pin rests in to help guide the movement of the arm that lifts the glass, but it is not a necessary part that would keep the glass from moving at all. At this point I'm leaning toward the motor because when I push the button in either direction it just makes the noise that it would make if the roof were closed and you push the button toward close. Its a clicking sound. My tracks have plenty of grease and there is no debris keeping it from moving. Is there any way to know for sure that its my motor before I buy a new one?

Old 04-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Also, any neon sunroof motor 2000-2005 should work right?

Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 50159

Quote: Originally Posted by Rymanrph View Post
Ok, I removed the glass and inspected the system. On one side there is a small plastic piece that the pin rests in to help guide the movement of the arm that lifts the glass, but it is not a necessary part that would keep the glass from moving at all. At this point I'm leaning toward the motor because when I push the button in either direction it just makes the noise that it would make if the roof were closed and you push the button toward close. Its a clicking sound. My tracks have plenty of grease and there is no debris keeping it from moving. Is there any way to know for sure that its my motor before I buy a new one?

If you have still have warranty on your car see if the motor is covered. When I took mine in to the dealer they said the sunroof rails/assembly was not covered but the motor was.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

as he stated earlier he is under 3 yrs but over 36k, i took mine in and one of the rails was fucked but they replaced the whole thing under warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread