SRT-4 value for the longrun? - Page 3 - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think another problem is that this car mainly appeals to young kids that are broke. So, one would have to adjust their price if they want to sell. I'm trying to sell my 04 with 85,000 miles on it for $7,600 (in excellent condition) which is a great deal, and I keep getting these outrageous offers. I'd rather drive my car off a cliff than sell it for 5k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 02:31 PM
SRTforums Member

Cali they seem to sell alot higher a salvaged title will go for 6-7k. one with low miles compleatly stock will bring in 10k +.
Ones that are over 100k miles and been modified or got smog stuff ripped off and
Nothing runs right will still bring 8-9
During winter prices drop about 2k on everything. Just some stuff I knoticed around here in the valley

05 flame red
bw Stage 3 47lb 20g By Mole'

daily driven
E85
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 03:08 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04srt4. View Post
I think another problem is that this car mainly appeals to young kids that are broke. So, one would have to adjust their price if they want to sell. I'm trying to sell my 04 with 85,000 miles on it for $7,600 (in excellent condition) which is a great deal, and I keep getting these outrageous offers. I'd rather drive my car off a cliff than sell it for 5k.
Younger guys are buying these cars up like crazy in the area. Granted most of these cars were owned by younger guys that trashed them or just beat the ever living piss out of them and didn't care. My buddy and I have the nicest around (mine is basically stock looking, but everything is mint). Rest have shattered bumpers, leaking engine, "a loud banging from the engine", etc in the for sale ads. People still get $7k+ for one with 120k+ miles.

I paid $10k for mine with 44k miles on it 2.5 years ago. Other than mixed up vacuum lines when I bought it, it was perfect. I've not had any *knock on wood* major repairs. Just maintenance and shit that I broke (bumper from leaning on it reaching for turbo bolts....).

Will these ever achieve "collectors status"? No. Highly doubt it. But you never know...I'm not counting on it.
post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
It isn't worth that much to most people. I've seen many go for 2500 - 5000 dollars in various conditions, so you just have to be patient and wait.

2005 SRT-4, hole in the block, rebuild in progress
2002 Camaro SS M6, It's alive!
2003 SRT-4 Sold!
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 PM
SRTforums Member

I traded mine in for an STI 3 years ago for 12. Had 22k miles, 04 model

Engine: Mopar Stage 3 Turbo, with Turbo Toys, Spearco Monster Intercooler, Mopar BOV, MPx Turbo Back 3" Exhaust, Mopar Cold Air Intake, NGK Laser Platinum Plugs, Boomba Racing Catch Can

Suspension:Tokico Abjustible Struts, Eibach Lowering Springs, DC Sports Strut Bars
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benspilk09 View Post
The ones that aren't bringing much money are beat to shit and riced out, a good clean stock one with halfway low mileage won't have a problem bringing over 10 grand.

Unfortunately the vast majority of the srt's for sale are in the first category so they appear to not hold their value.

Its the same with DSM's, most of them are cheap, and most are beat to shit. Every once in a while I see one on craigslist in extremely good factory condition for $8000+ and it doesn't take long to sell it (around here at least). When I'm out of college I'll probably be one of the people that drops a stupid amount of money on a clean 2gb eclipse gsx, I have always loved those cars.
I wish that were true. Mine went 6 months ago for $6,900. Black 04, Stock except K+N Drop in. Full optioned. Never seen winter and only seen rain a few times. What little wear on the paint it had I had a shop touch up. In fact my friend bought a 2010 WRX right before I sold the SRT and my 04 was in better shape. Just over 80,000 miles. Sure was mint . One dealer offered me 4,900 for it and the next dealer offered 5,500. When I asked the dealer why the value was so bad he said because we will have a very hard time selling it. Because its a stick and not popular like a mustang. I was insulted that he basicly told me if the car was an automatic mustang he would have offered much more. I ended up selling it a few months later on autotrader to a guy in his early 20s who was flat out thrilled he was getting this much car for this price. Needed the money for a house and baby on the way. I will get another one day.

The SRT4. Loved by those who knew them. Hated by those who could'nt catch up. Thank you PVO.

Last edited by metaliox; 11-19-2012 at 08:25 AM.
post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04srt4. View Post
I think another problem is that this car mainly appeals to young kids that are broke. So, you have to adjust your price if you want to sell. I'm trying to sell my 04 with 85,000 miles on it for $7,600 (in excellent condition) which is a great deal, and I keep getting these outrageous offers. I'd rather drive my car off a cliff than sell it for 5k.
Yea it sucks. The offers for 6 grand or less were rolling in. Mostly from when mine was on craigslist. Every day "Wld U tak 6k 4 it?" If this is the youth buying these cars now I feel sad for used SRT4s.

The SRT4. Loved by those who knew them. Hated by those who could'nt catch up. Thank you PVO.
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 06:41 AM
SRTforums Member

Either way the car should be extremely reliable if you keep it. Its not uncommon for these cars to go 200k or more without any significant repairs required.
post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 AM
SRTforums Member

these cars started out exactly like the plymouth roadrunner low buck performance cars, when it came out it was the best deal on the market, and still is imo. its hard to say if we'll ever see a 100k price tag on one 40 years down the road but dont count it out by that time there might only be 14 left in the world. so many of these are gone already, and it may not seem like it now but these cars are special. any car that can turn a high 13 second pass out of the box, handle like it does and get over 30mpg hwy. is something special, even an evo or sti can't do all that (i would sacrifice mpg for awd though) but ive got mopar in my blood.
i avg 25-27 mpg on my daily work drive witch has plenty of stoplights and just recorded 31.1mpg on a trip to baltimore last weekend and would have been higher had i not got lost and spent an hour on some awesome backroads that led to some "spirited if you will" driving. with the exteme love i feel for this car i still find myself yurning for that v8 sound and an srt8 of any variety is what im looking for but really it just cant hold a candle to all this car offers. guess i need to make a cd of hemi sounds and kick the volume to 34
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 AM
AWH
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Town SRT View Post
Either way the car should be extremely reliable if you keep it. Its not uncommon for these cars to go 200k or more without any significant repairs required.
Mine is approaching 200K and will be 10 years old this Spring. Owned it since day one. Mostly stock. At this point I may as well keep it unless I get a really good offer. It needs minor work, mostly cosmetic. I'm thinking of doing a repaint (custom color maybe), fixing my seat bolsters, and possibly dropping a new motor in it. Then it might go for some real $$$.

Those who claim to be smart and right all the time are often dumb and wrong.
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 AM
SRTforums Member

Im in the same boat OP.. I listed mine for $10K, and might possibly have a buyer.. I Bought it with 42k miles mint condition, for 7k.. Put about $2500-3000 into it with new fuel, rebuild, tune etc and hate to see it go, Even tho Im gonna Profit on it after having it for well over a year, I still dont wanna see it go.. But it would be nice to have some extra cash to pay off some debt and find some land to start building my house... I know Im gonna regret it , but I know its probably for the better

Turbo / TB - AGP Zeta 3.0 / 28 psi , AGP bfmic, Boomba 70mm tb Engine - Wiseco 8.8:1 pistons .020 over , eagle h-beam rods , king main and rod bearings , DCR crank strap kit, Head - FnF race ported exh ports , +2mm rev exh valves , BC springs and Ti retianers , BC stage 4 cams (280*s) , Boomba cam gears,
Fuel - , 900cc fic inj , -6an feed and return lines , fuel pump rewire , bottle neck fix , Bosch 044 intank , aeromotive rrfpr , E85..
post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

My car is still running perfectly, but the paint gets incredibly worse every month. Thinking about it, I dont know what I could replace my car with that is reasonably priced and still have the cool factor. Not that I am a hippie or anything, but the gas mileage is pretty damn good considering how quick it is

When I stop being lazy, ill put a cool picture here
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourless View Post
My car is still running perfectly, but the paint gets incredibly worse every month. Thinking about it, I dont know what I could replace my car with that is reasonably priced and still have the cool factor. Not that I am a hippie or anything, but the gas mileage is pretty damn good considering how quick it is
Typical Dodge pain quality. I've yet to own a Neon that didn't have a paint issue either right off the floor or down the road. Peeling clear, peeling base coat, poor quality, runs, etc.
post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 PM
SRTforums Member

Just Saying

I have an 03 with 133xxx .. Paid $22K Vs $6K resale ..I will never sell it because its modded, its basically worth nothing to next person .. $6K is like giving it away..I plan to rebuild and paint this thing till the wheels fall off !!!

.....or if/when I have kids that will be their first car

Last edited by SiLvRGhosT; 12-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 03:52 PM
SRTforums Member

I think you should keep it and save some money to buy a car you want in a few years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode