sometimes i wish i got a Neon instead - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > SRT-4 Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 89881
Default sometimes i wish i got a Neon instead

I puchased the Caliber SRT4 in July, all because i figure it would be easier to get in and out of... but sometimes i wish i would have gotten the Neon instead....
moneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 91450

lets trade lol
evobusa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 33311

I love both my Caliber SRT-4 and my Neon SRT-4! They are both the same to get in and out of.
08 Silver Caliber SRT4 #2,905 of 5,674 Produced (STOCK)
slim26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 91450

Quote: Originally Posted by slim26 View Post
I love both my Caliber SRT-4 and my Neon SRT-4! They are both the same to get in and out of.

^^^^ which one is faster?
evobusa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Meat Moderator

Member Number: 76568

The neon would be worse to get into.
tunerlover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 57941

I wish you did to. I know for a fact they made improvements with the Caliber, a lot that I wish the neon had, but the caliber might as well be a Minivan.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 91532

I like the caliber SRT-4 under the hood. I could; however, never get into how it looks.
ThaneUlfgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by evobusa7 View Post
^^^^ which one is faster?

The neon of course! Look at my sig. Also the caliber will never have any mods on it. Its my daily driver and its to rare to have any.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88110

I had both.
My caliber for a year, my neon for almost a year.
My caliber looked way better, orange sunburst, blacked out windows and tails, she was so pretty.
Interior, crap, handling, decent, vision was terrible, did I mention the interior? Then I found out I wasn't going to be having a kid(well my ex wasent). So I sold it and bought my teenage dream car the neon srt4.

The caliber for sure is an adult car, the neon is just the hopes and dreams of all of my car love.

The caliber was much easier to get into, sat a few inches taller, bigger interior room.
boostingbackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by boostingbackwards View Post
I had both.
My caliber for a year, my neon for almost a year.
My caliber looked way better, orange sunburst, blacked out windows and tails, she was so pretty.
Interior, crap, handling, decent, vision was terrible, did I mention the interior? Then I found out I wasn't going to be having a kid(well my ex wasent). So I sold it and bought my teenage dream car the neon srt4.

The caliber for sure is an adult car, the neon is just the hopes and dreams of all of my car love.

The caliber was much easier to get into, sat a few inches taller, bigger interior room.

Wow I feel old. I was 21 when the neon srt4 came out! Both of my kids are young and dont ride in any of my srt4's thats why I bought a xterra 5 years ago to carry my family around in!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
AWH
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 45591

^^^YOU feel old? I got my NSRT when I was 28, when it first came out. It's a fun DD/beater. I don't feel like I could really outgrow it like one would probably outgrow, say, a riced out civic. But also I don't have kids. Trust me, it's the kids that make you feel old.

As for caliber, I don't like the styling at all. Turned out to be a flop as we all know despite good intentions for the car. Maybe the Dart SRT will redeem the SRT-4 name. It would be awesome if they made SRT-4s for other models instead of just one car, like they do with the SRT-8s. A Chrysler 200 SRT-4 would be nice, or maybe a Jeep Compass SRT-4... Better yet some sort of 2-seat roadster with RWD, like the Demon prototype from a few years back, in SRT-4 trim....!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by AWH View Post
^^^YOU feel old? I got my NSRT when I was 28, when it first came out. It's a fun DD/beater. I don't feel like I could really outgrow it like one would probably outgrow, say, a riced out civic. But also I don't have kids. Trust me, it's the kids that make you feel old.

As for caliber, I don't like the styling at all. Turned out to be a flop as we all know despite good intentions for the car. Maybe the Dart SRT will redeem the SRT-4 name. It would be awesome if they made SRT-4s for other models instead of just one car, like they do with the SRT-8s. A Chrysler 200 SRT-4 would be nice, or maybe a Jeep Compass SRT-4... Better yet some sort of 2-seat roadster with RWD, like the Demon prototype from a few years back, in SRT-4 trim....!

haha yeah you got me on the age thing! Im with ya on the SRT-4 trim thing, they need more! But the caliber SRT-4 is not bad at all, I love the car actually. The seats are comfy, it handles really well to be a family car! Only thing is the dash and all that stuff is kind of crappy but I have not had any problems with it! I also got it because it is rare and there are not many left because of wrecks. Also they keep there resale value unlike most cars.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88110

The dash is terrible. The plastic gets ruined so easily. I had marks where I put my license plates on the dash while I put stickers on them to install when I first got it.
And the doors. They felt like 5lbs, every fucking time, slam slam slam. I felt like I had to yell at my passengers before they closed the door, be gentle! But those seats are comfy. Just not as comfy imo as my srt4. Those things feel like they love me and want me safe.

I sold mine for 500 less than I bought it for. Lol. Resale value ftw.

I bought the caliber 100% for the looks and kid potential.

Crossfire srt is money.
boostingbackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 89881

For me to reallly Love my CSRT4, i have plans... such as eibach springs to lower a bit, FMIC to the lower part and were it can be easier seen, and i would never know why Dodge used a single exhaust when dual is better, so that too is on my list.
But yet, i would trade it in a heartbeat for a NSRT4.. and i think mine would trade cause it does come with a unlimited mileage warranty for the next 3 1/2yrs. Covers everything but fuel injectors and timing belt(which is routine maintenence anyway). It was an option i purchased when i purchased the CSRT4 since it was a used car

AND,, i would trade for a neon Just to make me feel young again HAHAHAHA... im 38

Last edited by moneal; 12-31-2012 at 06:21 PM.
moneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by boostingbackwards View Post
The dash is terrible. The plastic gets ruined so easily. I had marks where I put my license plates on the dash while I put stickers on them to install when I first got it.
And the doors. They felt like 5lbs, every fucking time, slam slam slam. I felt like I had to yell at my passengers before they closed the door, be gentle! But those seats are comfy. Just not as comfy imo as my srt4. Those things feel like they love me and want me safe.

I sold mine for 500 less than I bought it for. Lol. Resale value ftw.

I bought the caliber 100% for the looks and kid potential.

Crossfire srt is money.

Well I live in FL so no plate for the front and yes the doors feel like feathers lol, but Im the only one that really sits in my CSRT4 so im cool with it! I bought the caliber to add to the SRT4 collection and will never sell it. Now I am waiting for the Dart SRT4 to come out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement