new car !!!!!!!! - Page 4 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > SRT-4 Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 73777

-X2 An ACR SRT4 would easily run down an Abarth in every way. Its laughable to think otherwise.
-To the guy who thinks Wranglers are girly. Where do you live SoCal? Where I live the wrangler is a bad weather loving off roading veteran made of bullet proof steel. Things are awesome.
-Truth is imagine if the abarth was $16,000. Would be an entry level performance hero. BUT it is not, the car is 22 grand and the kind of performance you can get for 22 grand simply puts this thing to shame.
P.S.- Personally I would have gotten a like new ACR SRT4. Extremely low mileage can be had for less than 22,000. Bam!
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #47 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 18060

RE Girly vs. Manly: Dumbest thread tangent ever -- every time it occurs.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #48 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90174

Props for having the cahones to drive that - that's real manliness. I have heard great things about it though so congrats.

NOW: Velocity Red MS6 GT - one fast mofo.
atx512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 83768

I don't like the looks but I bet it's a blast to drive. I've heard the exhaust note too and it sounds pretty mean
Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #50 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 5369

Manliness? Coming from a Neon owner? Screw what other people think about your choice in car. If that's all a consumer cares about then take a poll and go buy the average public thinks you should drive.

The Abarth is a small, fun to drive car that looks like it would be great fun to shoot around in traffic and toss into corners and has just enough power to make it all fun. If you don't like it that's fine and why everyone can make his or her own choice. Even if you'd never own one when you make derogatory statement likes that about someone else's choice it shows you really aren't a car guy.
blackbird_R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #51 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 78320

Quote: Originally Posted by blackbird_R/T View Post
Manliness? Coming from a Neon owner? Screw what other people think about your choice in car. If that's all a consumer cares about then take a poll and go buy the average public thinks you should drive.

The Abarth is a small, fun to drive car that looks like it would be great fun to shoot around in traffic and toss into corners and has just enough power to make it all fun. If you don't like it that's fine and why everyone can make his or her own choice. Even if you'd never own one when you make derogatory statement likes that about someone else's choice it shows you really aren't a car guy.

That was a sensible and adult thing to say...^^^^

Now my turn......the abarth is gay looking...
Old 11-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 5369

I could see how someone could have that opinion. They definitely don't have the looks of a low slung sports car but at least the Abarth is a nice improvement over the base model 500s.
blackbird_R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 AM   #53 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 34041

Quote: Originally Posted by Cor430vette View Post
That was a sensible and adult thing to say...^^^^

Now my turn......the abarth is gay looking...

You sound like the typical Corvette owner.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 72338

Wanted to chime in on the thread. I sold my srt-4 acr for a 2013 Abarth.
My acr was on h&R coilovers and still handled like shit.

The turn in on this little car is amazing, It feels much like a short wheelbase RWD car since the ass end is so light, nice controllable oversteer.

Go ahead, call it gay all you want!, Im used to it since i heard it all the time when I drove my acr for the 2 years I owned it.

I traded in my srt-4 at the right time too, as the srt-4 has now turned into the "scumbag racecar" like a camaro of the 2010's 2-3 of them popped up now in my area. all complete with exhausts dragging on the ground, spray bombed front bumper with cutout crosshairs, ebay fmic, plastidipped wheels on bald mismatched tires, and "racing" everyone!. lol

Crimsonghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #55 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 80981

I don't think he ment to say Cherokee. Or even wrangler
We all know the girl jeep is the liberty. It has a coolant low dumb light lol just saying my little sister drives one. The abratha is nice I would have spent the extra money and got a ralley dart 40mpg Turbo 6 speed 4 door and it has good options. From factory.

daily driven
E85
triangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 31633

You guys are awful. When I had my SRT-4 I loved it and thought it was a great car, but it did not handle well (even after suspension upgrades) and it was still a neon. I wouldn't own an Abarth just because I don't want to go back to FWD, but the looks wouldn't keep me from buying it. I bet its a ton of fun and I'd really like to take one on a long test drive.

I drive an '08 MX-5, so if an Abarth is gay I'd hate to hear what you children say about my car. We all buy our cars with our own money (well most do), not someone else's. Drive what you like and who cares what someone else likes/hates.
Stage 1, BWoody H-Brace & Traction Bars, BWoody Catch Can, ACR Rear Sway Bar, Mopar Catback, Ebay Intake, BC Coilovers, Mopar STS, 18x7.5 5zigen fn10r-c, Fiber Images CF Hood, MPX Intercooler, Slow Boy Racing Crash bar, LED/Halo Headlights, JMB Hard Pipes, HKS SSQ BOV, Ported Intake Manifold, LFS 60mm Throttle Body. My car is slower than yours

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f41/...thread-448014/
Rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement