Dodge SRT Forum banner

Modern Performance MAY bring back Rear Diffuser if...

22K views 128 replies 27 participants last post by  lilviper 
#1 ·
A popular Facebook post on SRT-4 Owners has started mentioning Modern Performance may bring back a limited production of the real diffuser from a few years back if there is enough interest in production. The owner has confirmed that on Facebook. Basically they are looking for initial down payments to confirm interest. And if the right number is met (25 I believe) they will produce a limited amount to fill the confirmed, payed in full orders.

If you're interested in one of these they now have a deposit only area on their site here...https://www.modernperformance.com/category/neonsrt4_exterior_exterior

If the total does not reach their minimum of 25 commitments they will not produce them and all deposits will be refunded.

That's basically all I know. Just trying to spread the word.

Reactions: MPrep
#5 ·
I know it has been done. Not sure how it looks though. I would assume there would be a gap showing. Do a web search and I believe there are some images others have posted with the bumper rolled.

#4 ·
Hmm. $100 deposit doesn't sound bad at all. I do plan on doing more road racing than any other type of fun stuff. And even if I don't use it, I could just sell it later! Yep just convinced myself to put down the deposit.

Reactions: MPrep
#7 ·
This was being discussed outside of the Modern family. The customers were asking to bring it back and set up the initial gathering the group buy. We wanted to see if there would be any kind of interest in actually bring it back before making an official announcement on the forums.

But glad you all are gaining interest in producing the diffuser again and still supporting us! :clap:

Hopefully we can met our quota and get these bad boys made!

Reactions: cocoadog
#8 ·
I can't see 25 people doing it. There's not even 25 people active on the site anymore and probably 10 of those people don't even have neons. The ones that do are into drag/street racing.

#12 ·
No, it doesn't block the control arms. At least mine doesn't anyway. I've had mine since the first run of them, no complaints aside from it being a bit heavier than I had hoped for. But, it's definitely a quality piece. That says a lot coming from me...I love to complain.

Oh yeah, one other complaint... I paid top dollar for mine, and then the price for them dropped substantially. See? I told you I love to complain. ;)

#13 ·
yea, i'm in.
hell i'm thinking of grabbing a second and ass raping someone in the future who wants it. :D

Reactions: GMANUSMC
#14 ·
Like dat grip tuning hood doe y0.

#15 ·
I'm surprised that they are willing to make a production run. I'm not impressed with their customer service. I called them and they were very rude and didn't want to help out. Not to mention, they are charging much more than another vendor for the exact same items.

Best of luck to them. /Rant.

#16 · (Edited)
Can this thing be painted or powdercoated? Also, will it fit over the top of the Borla Mopar exhaust? I'm giving this some serious thought but because I have a CE I'm trying to keep it as close to stock as possible, I'd want it to be white.

***EDIT: Just read deeper into the sell page, so it does fit over the Mopar exhaust. Just have to find out about the painting questions now :)

#17 ·
Yes it can be painted or powdercoated. After the finish tho, make sure to mask off wherever you have to drill or screw.
Finishing with paint, it will have to be sanded then a metal etching primer will be applied then to paint.
Powdercoating will be magnetized then baked.
Either option works on metal even stainless

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#30 ·
This will give you and anyone else a better idea of what it might look like with a rolled bumper. (Bad98rt added his own hardware to our diffuser in the pictures below)

And yes we have met the minimum quota to get the diffusers made! :clap:

#33 ·
Ok I'm paying tomorrow, on the website which one fits mine? No back EXHAUST and rolled bumper? There's 3 choices to pick from on the site in the link.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.