Embarrassing moments in your SRT-4 - Page 3 - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when i was on my way back from Import face off there was this group of 240sx cruising and pulled up and started reving at me... so i dropped 3rd gear and got it... had no problem pulling on the 240s and we did this a couple times and out of no where this 2jz supra pulled up and dropped 3rd and wave me on to race so i put it in third gear thinking well im about 350 hp this should be fun... well as soon as i punched even before i could build boost.. this supra had like six cars on my so i just put it back in 5th and cruised and here comes these dude in 240sx just staring at me and laughing... that was embarassing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 PM
AWH
SRTforums Member

Not too many incidents to report but when my fuel pump went I had to push my car off the parkway while my gf steered it. While waiting for AAA to come tow it, some kid drove by in a GTi and yelled "Essss...Arrrrrrr.....Teeee"....

Just broke my pass side axle but fortunately I was a half mile from home, and another time I snapped a tie rod end, also a half mile from home, so I was able to drive the car home both times.

Also when my clutch was shot I could only race people in 1st gear, couldn't get into 2nd fast enough or without rev-matching. Also it was fun having to shut the car off to put it in first at stoplights.

Those who claim to be smart and right all the time are often dumb and wrong.
post #33 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 AM
SRTforums Member

My worst was while driving thru one of the local small towns. I see a friend and rev it up to 5000 to say hey while driving by. Little did I know as I rounded the corner there was a State Trooper getting gas at the local station. He ran to his car to chase me. Caught up just outside of town. So everyone in town heard the SRT rev up and then saw a Trooper speed off to go chase me. Now that I think about it him speeding off in town to get me was dangerous compared to me simply revving my engine. God was he pissed lol.

The SRT4. Loved by those who knew them. Hated by those who could'nt catch up. Thank you PVO.
post #34 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaliox View Post
My worst was while driving thru one of the local small towns. I see a friend and rev it up to 5000 to say hey while driving by. Little did I know as I rounded the corner there was a State Trooper getting gas at the local station. He ran to his car to chase me. Caught up just outside of town. So everyone in town heard the SRT rev up and then saw a Trooper speed off to go chase me. Now that I think about it him speeding off in town to get me was dangerous compared to me simply revving my engine. God was he pissed lol.
Lol read this and was like hmmmm sounds like a NY state trooper. Looked at where you were from and sure enough NY lol

AGP SOMETHING OR OTHER TURBO
TUNED BY NIGEL
373WHP
368WTQ
post #35 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 12:02 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
Lol read this and was like hmmmm sounds like a NY state trooper. Looked at where you were from and sure enough NY lol
lol oh yea. I had the honor a few years ago to work with some Troopers with the BCI (Bureau of criminal investigations). My 3 years with them showed me how bad training has become for them. The state basicly tells them (some ways forces them) to be mean/write tickets and here is the tools to be this way. Thanks to the politics I feel their honor as officers and their great history has been severely hurt just so they could become a huge form of revenue for the state. Good guess by the way.

The SRT4. Loved by those who knew them. Hated by those who could'nt catch up. Thank you PVO.
post #36 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
SRTforums Member

Blew my trans 24hrs after owning it.

Then trying to impress a girl, slammed it into second and the shift knob came off and I threw it into the back seat.

I just wanna go fast!
post #37 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonSRT View Post

Then trying to impress a girl, slammed it into second and the shift knob came off and I threw it into the back seat.
thats such a great mentle image lol
post #38 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM
SRTforums Member

One time I went to do a little pull in response to a truck revving it at me, ended up with the blowoff valve shooting off my cold side pipe. More recently a 20-60 pull resulted in missing 2nd gear, charge pipe coupler blowing off, and the coolant return line popping off. Car overheated.

RIP stock motor 132k miles
post #39 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 PM
SRTFORUM Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzt View Post
Mine died at a traffic light today when it was time to go. Started right up but still,
Mine has done this twice in my 8 plus years....But, mine was I started it, and it ran for a few seconds, then died...then started right back up...no codes, nothing....K. O__0

post #40 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
SRTforums Member

Oh man can't count how many times my shift knobs gone flying off into my back seat with my friends in the car lol. Tried to act cool and kept slamming gears with no knob lol. Bitch is glued on now

AGP SOMETHING OR OTHER TURBO
TUNED BY NIGEL
373WHP
368WTQ
post #41 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
User Banned

Throttle body sticking

I had to hit boost and back off, boost, back off etc etc - when driving down our residential alley and the psshh was very noisy in a quiet residential zone.
I never boost or speed in the housing area, so with the car jerking around and PSSHH pSHHH, while I was shifting and blipping the throttle - I got a few too many stares.
Now it's fixed..........
post #42 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 PM
SRTforums Member

Crusing down the highway from the local track(after it got let it) a local turboed 240 says let's run em. 60 roll, 3 honks....IC piping blows off. I just get in the slow lane at 5psi and head for home haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphipps View Post
I have no idea how I was conceived...so in fact my mom could have snowballed with another chick and she could have went down on my mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew View Post
Who needs to be flashy when your fast.
post #43 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Premium Member
SRT of the Month

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bitch stalled in the middle of town just after i got my build done last month when i was on my way to get an alignment. 2009 inspection, 2009 registration sticker, stalled in the middle of traffic. Pushed it behind a burger king until i could get it started again. Ended up getting alignment done and back home safe with no tickets.

This was because of my downstream o2 issues. Car is obviously 100% mechanically sound as my other thread have proven

Last edited by jtm0n3y; 10-10-2012 at 09:35 PM.
post #44 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM
AWH
SRTforums Member

Quote:

Welp, that's two strikes against you!

Those who claim to be smart and right all the time are often dumb and wrong.
post #45 of 308 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 09:50 PM
SRTFORUM Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

I 'd.

And then you :facepalm'd: ?

Sorry.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode