Embarrassing moments in your SRT-4 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > SRT-4 Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 83768
Default Embarrassing moments in your SRT-4

I just went and picked up pizza. Went to pull out onto a 3 lane road with a group of cars coming. Had plenty of time IF IT WOULD HAVE GONE INTO SECOND!! Was just a few seconds of grinding and mopar blue plate blowoff embarrassment in 1st until I pulled off into a parking lot with tail between legs
A few days after I bought my car I was lined up with an Acura. Light changed and I could tell he wanted to test me. Car died after about 30 ft because of the intake touching the positive battery terminal. Started back up but still... Shame!!
And then there were all the times my srt blew out a cloud of smoke at WOT when I had broken ring lands

Post up your embarrassing moments!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 84579

bro ive had wayyy to many embarrasing moments in this shit lol almost every month
moddedskittle18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

Member Number: 8941
Premium Member

Rebuilt the engine. Drove 3 hours to the JEP dyno day. Parked, went into the bathroom, came out to see Joedoogan pointing at my car. There was a HUGE puddle of coolant underneath it.

Had to fix it. Took a few hours, and it was 110 outside. No shade.

"Maybe I should just stick to bolt-ons." -Hitler

I don't really want to wrench anymore. I'd rather detail.
_Nick_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by 03RedSRT4 View Post
Rebuilt the engine. Drove 3 hours to the JEP dyno day. Parked, went into the bathroom, came out to see Joedoogan pointing at my car. There was a HUGE puddle of coolant underneath it.

Had to fix it. Took a few hours, and it was 110 outside. No shade.

Hehe I was at CarQuest one time and when I pulled away there was a huge puddle because my water pump was taking a piss. At least I already had one on the way in the mail along w/ new timing belt.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 84306

There is a park about a block from my house where all the ricers hang out during the summer. We're talking one or two nice Evos and about ten fart-canned Hondas on any given day. When I leave my garage and pull out of the alley, the park is right around the corner.
1st day I had the car I took that corner while shifting into 2nd, and went wot hoping to show the new car off a little. Car didn't go into gear, redlined going about 5mph in neutral, then ground the shit out of the gears when I tried to recover. Put head down and drove away.
NickOBSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 30874

Hmmm let's see.... when I broke my shift selector and me and my friends had to push it home. When I broke my input shaft and me and my friends had to push it home.... and when I broke my 2nd input shaft and me and my friends had to push it home lol. Luckily each break down seemed to happen with in a quarter mile of my house. Oh and also the time my pcv valve exploded and I was driving around leaving a smoke screen everywhere lol
368WTQ
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 87508

All of my most emberassing were.. yes street racing. Which I know is frowned upon here. But let's face it we have all been stupid at one time. Romped on it messing around with my buddies 350z and dropped my tranny. Had to spend 2k rebuilding it before I PCSed in 2 days! I also hit a curb trying to pull of to the side of the road. The tow guy was one of my Dad's buddies.. Let's just say I got shit from everybody. Wasn't a good night in Texas.
Zygomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
Hmmm let's see.... when I broke my shift selector and me and my friends had to push it home. When I broke my input shaft and me and my friends had to push it home.... and when I broke my 2nd input shaft and me and my friends had to push it home lol. Luckily each break down seemed to happen with in a quarter mile of my house. Oh and also the time my pcv valve exploded and I was driving around leaving a smoke screen everywhere lol

Haha like the fast and furious quote except "I live my life a quarter mile from my house at a time".
I haven't had mine pushed or towed yet but there were plenty of times I've had to pull over to see what was making the noise, high temp, smoke, etc.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 82185

worst for me was at a big track day(no racing either just watching) I was in the middle of the intersection in the parking lot and my fucking clutch push rod broke and there was like 100 cars behind me and it wouldn't go into 1st. Not to mention there was a few rich guys in Ferraris RIGHT behind me. Had to get out and push it off on the grass and wait an hour for the tow truck.
greenneonsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 30874

Quote: Originally Posted by bzzt View Post
Haha like the fast and furious quote except "I live my life a quarter mile from my house at a time".
I haven't had mine pushed or towed yet but there were plenty of times I've had to pull over to see what was making the noise, high temp, smoke, etc.

Haha yeah. Unfortunately I have plenty more instances and they all seem to involve my car breaking down.
368WTQ
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRT of the Month

Member Number: 32888
Lifetime Premium Member

IFO 2012. Line up for my first pass. Great burn out. Get up to the line bam snapped driver side axle. My buddies run up and help me push my car = ).

Autoguide
Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks
underSRTarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 80981

Oh man its been said before almost every month at least once I get a good laugh at by others. Best one with my car wasn't while i was driving (thank god) went to local meet and parked the car closest spot avaible to other srt4s a spot oppend up next to them threw my keys to my buddy to tell him to move it closer so I could get a skittle pic of the 3 red ones in a row. He killed it pulling forward with all the other Srt owners laughing histaricly had to go over and release e brake so he wouldn't do it again. He was band from driving my car after that

daily driven
E85
triangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 56076

I'm pretty sure mine was when the TPS sensor was going bad. Every time I made a stop the car would rev and hold that rev of about 1,500 RPM until I started to move again. Well, my way to work includes about a 5 mile road, full of red lights and tons of traffic. I hit every red light one day and every time I came to a stop the car was basically revving at everyone. I basically face-palmed my entire way to work at how dumb I appeared to look. I just needed underglow to seal the deal.
BoostinBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90137

well my 3rd gear shift fork is fd up, there was a sti on the highway, he slowed down to about 45 50 and i heard him down shift, i got nervous bc i know when i try and down shift into 3rd 50% of the time it pops out and makes a lovley grinding noise, well i proceeded to down shift and of course, made my self look like i dont know how to drive the sti pulled away and said f this idiot basically lol
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 80515

1st srt got t boned on the fwy. Got it towed. 2nd srt blew my pass axcel at the store. It got towed. Same tow truck driver. Blew my TOB fork. Same tow truck driver.
Advertisement