Auto Insurance With an 04 SRT-4? - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > SRT-4 Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 59095
Default Auto Insurance With an 04 SRT-4?

I live in New Jersey I'm 18, in January I got a careless driving ticket. And recently I got a reckless driving ticket. I have 6 points on my lisence. Now my question is, are there any special companys I could go to for a lower rate? Hell, I can't even get insurance with the popular ones like, Pregressive, Geico, Allstate and such. I have to go with a "High-Risk" I'm sure. I got a quote with NJPAIP and it was only 2600 a year.

I'm done getting tickets, it's cost me too much hastle and money. Everytime I see an srt4 I wish I had one so bad lol. Come January 23 I'm buying one if things go to plan.

So many people say bad things about them, but I have 3 frineds that one the car and only one kid has had problems but that's probobly because he was boosting 23psi on a stock turbo and almost stock everything. The only thing I've heard about this car that they say is the downfall, "It's a dodge 4 cylinder it will blow up" but that's not a good enough explanation for me.
J_Eriks89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 45389

your friends are lame. and the srt 4 is a very expensive car to insure. no joke

/Homo
Ruthless. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Damn, I only wish the insurance company would see the car as just a 4 dr neon with a shopping cart wing. >.<
Old 12-22-2007, 01:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 30710

Mine is 1,000 dollars a year to insure with full coverage. Cheaper than my Dakota R/T was. Odd thing is, I bought mine right after I read an article about SRT-4's, STi's and Evo's are the 3 most expensive cars to insure short of supercars due to the limited amount of specialty body parts.
RTDakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 17735

I pay 260 a month with progressive, with me on my moms policy. (just my car on the policy). I have 1 ticket for, running red light. thats it.

Edit: I'm 20 yrs old. Oh and I got this car when I was 19, and I was paying 280 a month before that :|.
SRTs are better than everything ever. period. Car, plane, rocketship, anything. There has never been anything in existance as fast as an SRT-4. Scientists have been considering changing lightspeed to SRT-4 speed, but havent been able to because light cant keep up.

Silver SRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 50050
Lifetime Premium Member

my srt has been the most expensive car to insure I have ever owned.. it almost seems like the pirce is getting higher every year even tho Im not getting any tickets, no accidents.. but insurance is creeping up more and more? 27 female, no accidents no tickets and Im paying 180 a month

Sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 7683

Get a regular neon and do an srt motor swap. You pay reg neon insurance.
KrazyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 58517

why do people get on here and talk about how fucking dumb they are behind the wheel, and then ask what OTHER people who most likely do FAR less stupid shit behind the wheel pay for insurance?

it's not important what other people are paying, it is based ony our age, your sex, you marital status, where you live etc... nobody but an insurance company can give you a somewhat accurate quote

that being said im 21, with NOTHING at ALL on my record, no speeding tickets, no accidents, nothing, and i pay 164/month for full coverage.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 58517

oh, and those retarded friends of yours, don't know what they are talking aobut. people who don't like the car/have had the car scar their ego before will always try and claim that "it's a peice of shit dodge neon" etc... i can tell you there are people on here who have gone 155k trouble free miles on that STOCK clutch.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 17735

Who pissed in your cheerios?
SRTs are better than everything ever. period. Car, plane, rocketship, anything. There has never been anything in existance as fast as an SRT-4. Scientists have been considering changing lightspeed to SRT-4 speed, but havent been able to because light cant keep up.

Silver SRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 59596

you shouldnt need high risk insurance my driving record is horrible (dui under 21, 2 failure to maintain lanes, 2 at fault accidents, running redlight, 89 in a 45, too fast for conditions, laying drag) I did alot of stupid shit between 16-18 I have progressive and its like 250 a month for an 04 srt, which is the same as what it was for my 05 srt. I know my driving record is gonna catch some hell from some people but hey people do stupid shit.
04Stage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 05:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Poonharpoon View Post
why do people get on here and talk about how fucking dumb they are behind the wheel, and then ask what OTHER people who most likely do FAR less stupid shit behind the wheel pay for insurance?

it's not important what other people are paying, it is based ony our age, your sex, you marital status, where you live etc... nobody but an insurance company can give you a somewhat accurate quote

that being said im 21, with NOTHING at ALL on my record, no speeding tickets, no accidents, nothing, and i pay 164/month for full coverage.

Very true. However, someone here may live in New Jersey and have high risk auto insurance and may be able to help me in that. And it's not how dumb people are behind the wheel, it's how lucky people are behind the wheel. Owning a sports car I'm almost possitlve you've been over the speed limit, maybe double the limit, thats dumb, but you were lucky and were'nt caught. I'm just not lucky. Everyone messes up from time to time and I just so happend to mess up a lot, but I will now stop because if I get one more reckless driving ticket, I go to jail and that's no fun =(

Last edited by J_Eriks89; 12-22-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 57636

hmmm... i live in iowa, 26 years old, single, have usaa (military only though), no tickets, and pay 65$ a month for full coverage.
Sarguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 49055

you guys are paying way too much for insurance. I pay 90 a month for full coverage with TheGeneral.com word up.. lol
Old 12-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 55767

I use State Farm, I have full coverage and Im paying 135 a month for the car and another 15 for life insurance. My car insurance is lower w/ the life insurance, If I didnt have life insurance it would be 165 a month. I have one ticket on my record (not in the srt either, in the honda) When that clears next year it will go down to 120 a month

OH......I'm 22!
BoostinAMopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement