Dodge SRT Forum banner

hahn motorsports super 20g kit

11K views 88 replies 18 participants last post by  tunerlover3 
#1 ·
Any here use this or ised in the past. I thinking of ordering this kit of my stock 05 acr. Any reviews good or bad posted them up. Thanks FF

#2 ·
Ive read they can be awesome. But not many use it..and the ones who do dont push them hard at all so we really dont have any great references. Hopefully someone else will chime in ive always been curious too

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#7 ·
The only disadvantage we see in the HRC Super 20G kit is the internal wastegate. For most intents and purposes the S20G kit will work great and make 350-375 whp.

But, for those of you that want more power, or higher boost levels, then you should consider an AGP kit with external wastegate for better boost control and higher power levels.

#8 · (Edited)
There was a yellow one a few years back that tried to max it out. He made 432 on 32+ psi spiking and falling to whatever on 110 octane. He made 399 whp on 27 psi. Comparing those results to any OTS big turbo...and yeah. I know the Hahn kit guys will be in here down my throat; but ask any of them to produce their numbers and it's easy to see that this turbo chokes hard just to make a little over 400 whp

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f169/reached-limit-20g-315744/

#9 · (Edited)
I agree, find something a little better. Not that theres anything wrong with the hanh 20g turbo kits, let alone the hahn 25g kit rocks, but there are better upgrade turbo options out there to suite your needs imo. But, i made 500+ on my evo9 turbo that i thru in a 20g compressor wheel but i also changed out the stock td05hr turbine for the larger 61mm td06sl2r turbine wheel. I also run on 4bars, e85, and boost 35psi and i have ported everything, ivery supporting mod you can think of, and my turbo setup is more along the lines flowing similar to a hta fpgreen/ef2 from maperformance. About a 54lbs+/minutes turbo. I also have a 38mm external wastegate setup and on a stage3 manifold bored out to fit the larger turbine as well as its porter and polished and on a full 3.5in exhaust system from the 02 housing down. Pretty good turbo setup, but its a completely different setup comparing to your typical hahn 20g kit.

#10 ·
Is the Hahn an outdated turbo yes, will it still make you 400hp yes with the correct mods. One thing you also have to look at is dependability this turbo is made by Mitsubishi so it is made to last. I had good luck with my 16G that I had from Hahn but wanted some more so I sent my turbo in to have the 20G upgrade done but I had them install a 10blade billet wheel that I had gotten through Snail Turbo to see if It couldn't help the out dated turbo out on power. Good luck with your choice

#19 ·
I have a Super 20G from Hahn it is a great turbo and yes i would love a bigger turbo but all in all it a great setup I looked for several hours for my dynosheet showing my numbers but lets say I barely broke 400HP and that was with 100 octane, 100 percent meth in my W/A system and a couple of shots of from an air duster can turned upside down to cool/freeze the Intercooler That was @ 28PSI

internal waste gate is a definite down fall 1 reason is because in order to get a bigger turbo you gotta get a new manifold unless you can find a S25G from Hahn and those are needles in a haystack

#46 ·
I have a Super 20G from Hahn it is a great turbo and yes i would love a bigger turbo but all in all it a great setup I looked for several hours for my dynosheet showing my numbers but lets say I barely broke 400HP and that was with 100 octane, 100 percent meth in my W/A system and a couple of shots of from an air duster can turned upside down to cool/freeze the Intercooler That was @ 28PSI
So you were running race gas and 100% meth? Why run race gas then boost the octane further with Meth?

#22 ·
^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^
really anything above 300-350 needs quite a few supporting mods but anything above 450-500 is gonna need a built bottom end for durability

And yes I know there are quite a few 500+ HP srt-4's on stock bottom ends but the question is how long do those stock bottom ends last pushing that kind of power and that answer is not as long as most people would like them to last cause all it takes is one small mistake or running a little to lean and POP and Rebuild here I come

#23 ·
If I where you I would just get a big turbo and a good one yo get is a pte 5431 lots of people like this setup

AGP KIT with PTE 5431 tuned by Turbo666 23psi pump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.