Dodge SRT Forum banner

Modded shift fork fixed some "tranny" issues!

5K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  Wonderer876 
#1 ·
My ol buddy was telling me my shifting issue(engagement/dis-engagement) was due to excessive clutch fork wear and that his modded fork would fix the issue... Thinking He was just trying to sell me a part I just kind of blew it off untill I got mine's off... Holy shit it was wore down pretty badly. Mind you my car only has 43k miles on it and is not driven daily..not even weekly lol. I showed him my old fork and he gave me his modded fork and said if it dont fix my issue he wouldnt charge me. WELL... Issue is gone, of course, and going in and out of gears is sooo much more crisp.. If you guys do not have his fork you better get it instead of a stock replacement. I attached some pics of my old one next to Wonderers moded one. seriously this will fix most the whining about bad shifting you see in this forum.

This is my stock fork non daily driven fork with only 40k miles on it

This is Roberts modded shift fork

Side by side to show the amazing amount of wear the stock fork has.

Big improvement over a non modded fork...I wasn't expecting to see that much wear but did notice it being tough getting into gears at times..I bet you guys with stock forks and over 60k will see a huge difference with a fork like this. :readclose

See less See more
#2 ·
also wanted to add I installed a act sprung 6 puck and notice nearly zerrrrooo "clutch chatter" Im guessing the extra material wonderer puts into the fork help remedy the "loseness" of the TOB?!? Maybe wonderer will chime in on this..

im confused why our forks wear so quickly?the fork material sucks is prolly why

#3 ·
They wear because stainless steel is harder than cast iron. Constant rubbing back and forth of the cast iron wears it down over time.

#5 ·
Yeah I noticed that when I had it apart... I guess what I really wanted to say it why wouldnt they put better typ of material.. being that they wear so quickly.

So you finally got her up and running? :rofl: good news on the fork It looks good :thumbsup:
Actually got it running days ago just no time to work on it.... I literally only worked on the car 15-20 mins at a time and a few time got to work on it for a lil over a hour... I just dont have the time or patience I used to I guesss. :rofl:

#11 ·
Shhhhhiiiiittttttt Its Robert every one knows I dont nut swing on robert......But props is due where its due tho. His fork is alot better product then stock and thus far completly fixed that issue I had and seems as though got rid of any clutch chatter I would of had with the 6 puck.

What tranny issue did you have exactly? I wonder if just the fork would fix mines instead of swappin the whole clutch kit,tob fork, pivot ball etc. my tranny issue is that when i street drive her its no problem but once it heats up and lets say i hit it a bit and try to get ino the nxt gear. Its basically impossible i then have to reclutch and it will go in.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

I had that problem exactly. Im betting your fork is worn it causes shifting disengagement/engagment issues. BUT do not skip out on getting a TOB with the fork its cheap and will save you from going back in there.

#9 ·
Don't be a hater because your not on the A-list. Rofl. I know there's a few more people that have had the same outcomes. Cases of first time being able to actually drive their car properly etc.

Us at Wikyd-performance.com are committed to becoming a staple in this community and any performance turbo application. Particulary onthe realm of not your everyday modifications. Just two guys pushing fwd without lies, PROVEN performance and great customer service as best we can. When two perfectionist start a company, it creates perfect items.

Once we prove more with both shop cars on the track. It will be passed along. But we are committed. Working as a conglomerate with a couple other small known business to bring the best to the fore front.

#10 ·
What tranny issue did you have exactly? I wonder if just the fork would fix mines instead of swappin the whole clutch kit,tob fork, pivot ball etc. my tranny issue is that when i street drive her its no problem but once it heats up and lets say i hit it a bit and try to get ino the nxt gear. Its basically impossible i then have to reclutch and it will go in.

#12 ·
hmm. has me wondering about getting one. i already got new clutch parts including oem pivot fork and got the 3rd gear extender. but 1 thing im not liking about tge 3rd gear extender is i hear it causes vibrations on the gear shift while in 3rd from 2000-3000 rpms.
now im wondering if i should get the modified fork instead of using the 3rd gear extender.
things that make you go hmm. tks for letting us know the goodluck you had.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#13 ·
The warm part could also be the the rubber lines for the master/slave cylinder getting stretchy. There's a cheap fix for that were you just replace the line with a stainless steel brake line from summit or something and put the correct adapters on it. I just bought those and am looking for a clutch and other parts for mine.

Can anyone compare Wonder's to DCR's shift fork? I know DCR has one also but it's like $300 bucks if you don't have a core...

#14 ·
Shit talk Sunday is over now. I wish he was making these when I needed one. I ended up getting SNL's billet fork. Not very friendly on my wallet but it works. I went 75k miles on the stock one till it took a shit on me.

#17 ·
Well...

I'm looking more for a scientific answer about the process in which these are built.

DCR's looks welded, and if I remember right has a goldish tint on the tab.

Yours is not welded, but because welding 2 different metals creates a weak bond which is true. So can you chime in anymore on the actual build quality?

Sorry if I seem unimpressed by your product, I really am, looks great! Just wondering how much more reassurance I can get from you lol!

#18 ·
Aircraft grade stainless steel is used 195,000psi tensile and shear strength minimum to be grades at that.

Not pressed in. When you press a stronger metal into a weaker one it tends to deform the other due the interference fit. That in conjuction with an improper heating (welding) tends to weaken the host material (fork) which is already a weaker one.

Aircraft grade materials ( I have access due to being a licensed A&P(aircraft tech)) are required to be able to withstand and rebound back from shock loads ( pressurization, extreme elements, and constant flexing under lift, within tens of thousands of cycles). An example of our extreme use is clutch engagement over and over with friction.

Any other questions?

#23 ·
Seems to make sense. Was planning of ordering dcr, but if you and other guys here claim and vouch for your fork to work just as good or maybe better? Then i like to give it a shot. How can i order ?

#22 ·
Im gonna say anyone thinking of getting a stronger better fork (which should be just about everyone with a stock unit) needs to get this one its alot cheaper than DCR's gets to you in ALOT less time then any other vendors that might have them and most importantly its needed!!!

If you have a stock unit im gonna say 98.9% will defiantly benefit by changing out your stock unit...

* look at the pics above. That was mine with ONLY 42k miles!!! imagine you guys with over 60k on it!!! *

im just sayin.

#31 ·
ups sucks bro. that shits lost and if u didnt insurw them youll only get a 100$ back. learned my lesson when they lost my fuel system

my bad just saw its usps not ups
Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#33 ·
O i know that lol. We wont ship ANYTHING usps. Id rather take a loss shipping it ups then take a chance with the mail lol

#35 ·
We used to send lapel pins that way but usps always destroyed them

#37 ·
hmm. wife n i heard horror story from a youtube channel we watch called bfvsgf. this couple gets alot of fan mail packages and usps said alot got "lost",,, but then sometime later a very nice worker FOUND all their stuff and loaded it into her car.. now... the point is it should not have gotten "lost" in the 1st place. i believe a long time passed b4 it was found.
i believe i used usps in the past primarily and no issues but i dont ship alot.
sucks to hear about this.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#38 ·
when you overnight shit it gets lost 90% of the time...EVEN More so around the holiday times. Been there done that. They lost the core I sent in to wondere876 just recently.

#39 ·
Since this is my first srt4 i havent really ever pulled out one these motors or trannys, in ur guys opinion how long will this tranny take to drop so i can teplace the fork and clutch kit, also how difficult would you rate it? Any tips that would help in dropping it?

#40 ·
it might take you all day if you haven't done anything like it before. With experience and proper tools...6 hours if you work straight. Hardest part is getting the tranny back in and lined up by yourself...(I work on a lift so I had to use a ladder and the tranny jack from underneath; not great with heights).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.