Dodge SRT Forum banner

Big turbo. dead stock heads and block?

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Spoolin04 
#1 ·
what would be the best turbo setup to run on stock heads and block? i have supporting mods. but i wanna leave the motor the way it is and because im on a budget. maybe a 50 trim or a steage 3 mopar? i would like it to be a direct replacement if its possible.

#3 ·
myy bad lol my phone was on autocorrect.

what would be needed to install a stage 3 turbo? how hard is the install

#5 ·
cut it to fit the turbo? couldnt i buy one made for the stage 3

#8 ·
If you want as close to stock looks and characteristics... s3

for aftermarket...there is no turbo I've seen that better matches with the stock head/bottom end than a 50t/.63

#9 ·
the 50trim or stage 3 you cant go wrong with either one its all on what kind of power you want and what fuel you will be using. stage 3 on pump will not make as much as 50trim on pump. put some E85 with the stage 3 and you sir will have a torque MONSTER!!! there are some guys on here with a basetune from duster360 with a stock stage 3 setup hit 400hp.. good luck with your decision

#10 ·
50 trim it is. now i gotta find a well priced one. what will need to be done to install it?

#15 ·
first i need to get my trans rebuilt and 6 puck clutch and shift fork. anyone have any idea where a good place to get a stage 2 trans rebuild done? for around 1500-2000.

#17 ·
Pwerks is actually whos building my twin turbo stealth to.
ill ask next time im there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.