Dodge SRT Forum banner

Im going to the Dyno....Dec 7th

2K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  cano 
#1 · (Edited)
i guess this is a good place to post this......

ok, so im off to the dyno on dec 7th. got 2 hrs to mess around. with the weather change i wanted to get a good handle on my afrs. dont wanna risk get pulled over doing 130.... :stab:

im going to, Luckys they have a in-house, load based, DynoJet 224xLC the guy said they about 10% above a mustang but lower than a normal dynojet. so i dont care about numbers. ill post them but i dont want to hear any blah blah blah about it... im goin to see if i can improve from where i am now and what works best...

this is open to discussion, lets not be stupid..

1.) since i trapped 119 with 22 psi this is where ill start. ill get my afr on point at 22 psi. ill test on water and off water......

2.) then ill do 26 psi, just to see how much power it brings me up to, check afrs, for kn water on and off...

3.) ill turn the boost up to 28 psi, get the afr straight check timing look for knock, then do a final run on water then off water.

4.) if i got some time left ill try to squeeze alil more timing out of it. ill use the water as the cusion.... but ill only run it at the track. if MBT isnt already achieved... ill play with it...

as of now i start water spray at 20 psi on a DO4 nozzle. i can start earlier if needed if yall think it would be better

what you guys think?

See less See more
#3 ·
#4 · (Edited)
In for results...

My guess... since you have your IAT sensor zip tied to the front of your car you will not see any benefit from the water cooling the intake temps. But you would see a higher knock boundary because of lower EGTs. I'm interested to see the results. I want to run meth/water to lower my IATs. My car is an animal on cool days. If water would make it behave like that year round it would definitely be worth it. Although your study isn't going to answer that question, I'm curious how water will effect your numbers.

#6 ·
The water is still going to cool the Intake Air Charge. Sensor or no sensor, its still cooling. If the PCM sees it, it will add timing, if it doesnt then it will not change the timing, but its still being cooled.

Your on a boost box right? I can't run 29psi with my software on 3 bar sensors. I seem to remember the software telling me that's the overboost barrier or something.

#7 ·
i dont think the car sees it. i can re look at my logs but i dont remember the temps going down, or not going up.

yes boost box. correct, you cant run more boost the 29,im not worried. ill be selling my agp kit in february and going with a TUNERGEEKS tubular...

#10 ·
That is a nice manifold. Maybe my next mod B-)
Btw got a failsafe. Now gotta finish install

sent from my galaxy s3

#16 ·
Subscribed for results, Especially on the water injection

#19 · (Edited)
Well I don't get wrapped around numbers I just want see MBT and if water is helping or hurting. Also if I can improve my numbers and see if I can hot lap(back to back pulls) with out losing hp on water and e85. Ya know.

On meth and water I was able to dyno 3 times in a roll and only lose .2 hp.[/QUOTE]

Trust me neither do I but I'd like to see where you're at. Mine was quite skewed. Very heat soaked, no fan on the dyno, 106 outside and roughly 140 in the shop. So I don't get hung up on the numbers much either. My track day hopefully doesn't get rained out again December 8th. But mine on water/meth I only made 372whp and 395 wtq then the next pull was done ten seconds after and I lost 10 whp an 10 wtq even though I have my ED super beast intercooler and water/meth

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#20 ·
In for numbers, you think that DO4 is enough for the big turbo?

Just an idea but why not start the meth earlier so it is spraying fully when you're at full boost?

I'm not sure how fast your turbo spools but I found with stock sized turbos if I started the spray at 15 the boost would spike and get a few counts of knock so it would pull timing before the meth had a chance to spray. My pump and tank is in the trunk though so maybe that has something to do with it.

#22 · (Edited)
You need to find your MBT and that should be your #1 priority on the Dyno. Your timing table is apparently working very well but despite your car's great performance, the WOT Timing is just a very well educated guess, thus it should have room for improvement.

1,2 and 3 on your list is not getting you anything you can't do on the street except you'll have a Hp number to go with it. Nice to talk about but not of any real value.

If I were you I'd run the exact same boost you did on you 11.19 pass and do the following.

1) take a base line.
2) Add 2 degrees timing and make a pull
3) Closely compare the two dyno graphs to see where Tq was gained or loss
4) If improvement is made, add another 2 degrees or timing in that RPM range
5) If no improvement is made, remove 2 degrees of timing from the base timing value and make a pull.
6) Repeat steps 3-5 until Tq no longer increases.
7) Then Email me ALL the Dyno graphs, a detailed list of your timing changes for each pull and also your final timing changes. I'll analyze the results of you changes and make you a new tune.

#30 ·
Well that sucks man. Was looking forward to talking smack to ya. ;)

#29 ·
I thought you were keeping the 5831? Just adding a tubi?

#35 ·
oh dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.