Dodge SRT Forum banner

Koni Inserts & ? for AutoX

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Nervus 
#1 ·
Getting Koni inserts, but not sure which springs yet.
I hear the great reviews on the Hotchkis springs, and I have found some; but I want a lower ride height.

1.5in drop max in the front is what I want.

GC coils apparently don't fit for the koni's; which is what I was wanting.

So from these 2, whats the best autoX springs to pair with the Koni's and gives a slightly lower ride height than the Hotchkis?

#2 ·
I rock the Hotchkis springs on stock struts, like them a lot and they are great at the track.
They have a great spring rate for track/DD 230 F 200 R .....With the inserts should be real nice. Don't think they sell the springs anymore tho. But I would go stiffer on the spring rate like 450 R and 300 F. Don't know if you can get stiffer springs. I heard the inserts are very nice alittle work but worth it. I think when you get done ,with inserts and springs...many will say just go BC coilovers for the $.
Also Hotchkis have the perfect drop for DD, any lower and bye bye oil pan.

#4 ·
I just removed some springs from my car and replaced them with bc coilovers. My question is, are the hotchkis springs red? Because i was told they were but i cant find any markings or indications on the springs. Ill take another look when i go home. Im trying to sell them but i want to be sure of what they are first.

#3 ·
I still find it ironic that GC states that the sleeve will not fit the Konis when they originally built them for the Konis. Word on the street was that the Koni has ridges near the top that will cause the tube to deform a bit and the aluminum coilover sleeve will not accept the deformed tube.

My racer buddy who has built several GC/Koni setups state that he has never heard or experienced such a phenomenon.

Choosing the right spring rate is pretty difficult as that will also affect your compression, rebound, NVH, tire grip, and more.

#5 ·
I recently just paired up my Koni's with GCs. For them saying they don't fit is a lie. All you need to do is modify the rear top hats on the GCs to 22mm. From the factory they come 20mm (stock strut shaft size). You could call them and tell them to have the hole 22mm instead that way you won't have to do it.
I went with 375 front/300 rear and will be pairing them with Hotchkis sway bars. I haven't had any track experience with this as I did this about a month ago and autocrossing was done here but from driving around town as well as some twisty roads I can tell a HUGE difference.
I say do GCs! Plus you can't get Hotchkis springs any more due to them discontinuing them.

#8 ·
What are the spring rates for ground control springs, What is the drop F&R and what was final cost shipped. Looks like a good option with a little modding, any pictures of the inserts and GC springs installed?
And part #'s would be nice

#10 ·
Drop is adjustable because its a coilover sleve type?
I have Ground control on my 240z ,don't know anything about them tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.