Dodge SRT Forum banner

Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge

31K views 195 replies 31 participants last post by  ziggo0 
#1 · (Edited)
AEM Performance Electronics Wideband Air Fuel Failsafe Gauge - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics
ill post all my info here so you dont have to scroll thru the whole thread....

so the mail hasnt past since thrusday, i was suppose get get my tach adapter. but its ok
here is alil screen shot of the data viewer.....
first picture are seperate rpm(zero out) boost and afr,
second photo they are together.... either way is ez to do...

in the picture above(both as they the same log just different views) i 2 stepped you can see the boost raise to about 5 psi and the afr go lean....... havent done any road logs yet i want to get the rpm working first

Rpm working. No tach driver needed

here are some videos of my aem afr fs

Final video with all working

i also attached the picture incase you wanna view them bigger...

Oscilloscope Text Technology Electronic device Font

Oscilloscope Text Technology Electronic device Font

Text Font Technology Screenshot Multimedia software

Follow this to hook up the WB part.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2883954

1 to kill the engine you will have to cut the green wire going to ignition coil, and put it on a relay and make the kill switch activate the relay to cut spark.(better yet cut the wire going into the 101 plug that will kill spark and fuel..)

coil fused positive
coil FS grd(send grnd to kill)
NO leave open
NC green wire to igniton
COM grn wire coming from pcm

2 to cut boost and using a mbc sorry you cant(well you can ill do a diagram on how to)

for this you wouldnt need to T into the line going to the bc from turbo in to a solenoid
then on the boost line leavin the bc you want to put a check valve to only allow boost to go toward the wg
then you T into the line after the cv closer to the wg.
now the two lines you just T need to go into a soleniod(can be stock one thats not being used.. but if you use that you will nee to cap the NC ling and run the other two lines to the normall open line)
then hook ones side the coil to postive(ignition on) the other side to the FS (send ground to kill)

what this will do is bi pass the bc if lean or rich condition happens and only allow wg boost.. ill draw it....(give me time)

to cut boost and using pcm boost you will need a resistor and a relay.

3 to cut boost using a e boost controller the easiest way...

if you boost controller uses the positive to open and close the solenoid just remove the ground and use the AEM FS kill wire. check the ohms of the solenoid must be less than 1.5 amp
to find amps volt/ohms = amp 13.8volt / 33 ohms = .49 amps

if not well. you a relay to cut the ground going to it....

See less See more
3 7
#84 ·
It's for data logging rpm boost and AFr. It does it fast and accurate. It also can cut boost if lean is detected.

Yes. It good for all. Ill keep testing it and all I have a dyno session on dec 7th. I will test the boost cut!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#85 ·
so the mail hasnt past since thrusday, i was suppose get get my tach adapter. but its ok
here is alil screen shot of the data viewer.....
first picture are seperate rpm(zero out) boost and afr,
second photo they are together.... either way is ez to do...

#88 ·
Cool, waiting....

#91 ·
Well it just cuts boost. I haven't taken the car out yet.

Ill test that out it has to work the boost solenoid gets its grd from the gauge.

The grnd is removed on lean or rich condition.

#100 · (Edited)
either my injector clips suck or somethings up... rpms are working really well except between 3500 and 4000 rpm, it jumps around alil...hmm connection is soldiered, ill get rid of my clips and solder new wires on..... see if that helps.

AEM Catalog & Software Downloads

d load aemdata

and ill send you the log.....

back to the drawing board... i did get a tach driver ill try that too.. we will get it perfect....

its really cold in the mid 50s here colder than when i went to the track. so you see my afr is around 12.5, when the orange line goes up the alarm triggered and u see the boost and afr slow fall down..... u also see the rpm jump up 2-3 times around 3500-4000

Text Oscilloscope Line Technology Slope

#109 ·
Install?

If so there are 2 more wires we use.
One for rpm
One for the boost cut(failsafe)
U hook to boost source.

Rest is the same.

There are a few more wires but there all 0-5v outputs for external data logging.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#110 ·
Yeah I meant installing. I was debating on selling my innovative wideband plus boost gauge for this.

#111 ·
Impressive. I've always hated the AEMs after all of the bulls**t myself and others went through with the Uego... But pending Diablo ever deciding to do something about our goddamn Intune Analog input issues, this may just bring me back into the fold from the Innovate line.

I'll be watching this.

#117 ·
He sold me, and I don't even have all the wires hooked up. But love just looking at one gauge.

#119 ·
#120 ·
Sooo, was the #4 injector a good accurate rpm source for me to splice into?? Or would the tach adapter be needed?

And excuse my ignorance but which of the boost solenoid lines should I tap into for the failsafe feature?

(As soon as I finally install my new BWS setup, I need to start sending Nigel some data captures in order to fine tune and I'm curious to know if he'd like my new gauge's pretty AEM graphs instead of my intune's ;) )

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#121 ·
I couldn't get the tach adapter to work. Unless the guy sold me a broken one. Either way ya # 4 works well. Don't use the green wire as it constant + u want the pulsing -

For boost just tap into the stock line that comes in cabin.

I believe the boost solenoid is #2. If your runing PCM boost I'm not sure if your going to be able to just cut the wire and use the failsafe cut out as the PCM will prob throw a boost solenoid code.

But with the boost box u just remove the ground from the solenoid and use the failsafe wire.

With PCM boost you will have to use a relay I'm sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.