Dodge SRT Forum banner

What do you do when getting your car ready for winter?

4K views 60 replies 30 participants last post by  tmj91 
#1 ·
Well its about that time, when our highs during the day now are about 40* and when I wake up for work they are in the teens-20s... Im going to store the car, but its too cold blooded as is, so here is what I plan on doing

Changing the Penn 20/50 to a Penn 5/30, dropping the E85 tune and for the first time ever in this car, going to a 93 pump tune. Then just dropping the boost box to 15 psi in all gears.. Is there anything you guys use in cold weather as far as additives or anything? I wont be driving it in the winter, but waking this thing up in the mornings is a bear...

#10 ·
Ugh.. you suck.. :crying:

you guys ever get to 40 degrees???

#6 ·
Stock tune and snow tires.
tunerlover, why do you remove the wing?

#9 ·
lol well hopefully I will actually have that $800 beater before that happens!

#11 ·
Like memphis said. I dont do anything to any of my cars! But I drive my CSRT4 and Xterra year around anyways.

#12 ·

#14 ·
Car would be in storage but the GF sold her Caliber and we are down to 2 vehicles.. Any suggestions on what are good ( year/model ) cars? trying to find something for less than 3K just for the winters

#16 ·
Suck my ass, that's a heatwave up here

#20 ·
#18 ·
I miss San Antonio :(

#23 ·
messicans, texas in general, cows.

yea you can keep that shit.

#26 ·
If your going to store it and not drive it at all.. You don't need to do what you listed.. I run penn 20/50 and it stays in my car with the tune all year around.

What I do/did (the last 3 years)
Get the car cover from moderns site
Fill your tires to 40 psi so they don't get flat spots
Start it once-twice a month and let it idle for 30 minutes.

If you don't get a car cover put a mirror in front of the car so it can look at itself all winter :lol:

#34 ·
I just put winter tires on it and it IS my winter beater. Goes through anything as long as it doesn't bottom out. Main thing is to keep an eye on the coolant or the heat won't work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.