Dodge SRT Forum banner

My Mole' bws review

49K views 412 replies 91 participants last post by  enginjoe 
#1 ·
First off, I wanted to post this where it couldn't get deleated, and everyone could see (for those interested in the bws.) If this is the wrong section please do so in moving it.

Okay, Now I ordered a bws by mole' last winter. I had to wait well over the "turn around" time. I think I waited 3/4 months about. I also know many guys are having the same issue not getting thiers in, in the said time frame. I even sent in my core first. But MY core had a broken banjo bolt which put me out a week, I bought a stock turbo from another member, even two day shipped it to mole (mention money was tight and was trying to stay on a budget) Mole said he never got the turbo, tracking said different. Said it was left at his door.

Well months later. I get my bws, I loved it. Installed, followed mole's break in procdure etc. I even bought new drain gasket, banjo bolts, and washers from my dealer. After braking it in I boosted 28psi on it, it was FUN. The car was amazing I loved the car I thought i was getting sick of. 4,000 miles later, the turbo gets in and out play. I was pissed, I assumed it was from too much boost. Well I end up shipping it to mole. And he said both bearings are shot, didnt say from too much boost. Said it was from surge probably from my BOV. Well im on stock surge valve. So as I let my dd sit I checked the surge valve diaphram for rips or and small tears. Nothing. So I dont know what could have caused it. Being very pissed and disappointed my turbo wouldnt have been warrantied I told him to ship it back, he offers to buy it from me. Than gave me $200 for it. Than talking to other member I am told I got screwed over, I get the money after I ask to paypal as a gift or pay for fees. I only get $190.

So in the end. Im not trying to say mole is a bad guy, because WHEN I could get a hold of him he was cool and stright up. But like I said when I could. But im a human and understand people get busy and such. I hope this helps anyone who is thinking about a BWS. It was fun.. while it lasted. which was only 4000 miles. I am not posting to start a fight or offend. Just wanted to post my bad experance and how frustrated I am over this and after finding all that out from other members and such I got screwed.

If anyone has anything to say please fill free to post, or pm me like other members have. I am not the only one that has had a bad experance, not going to say any names if they want they can post.

in the end if I could do it again, I would have went stage 3 or bigger.

See less See more
#7 ·
^^Truth is what you make of it. Some people read something and take it for the truth. This is what happened to him. But I think we have heard this before. I think it BS you can have stuff delete because it is not favorable. I remember 03Red post something about mole and had the post deleted. It was not bashing just sharing what happened to him and was deleted. That site has always had snake-oil sales man on it. As far back as I have read. /rant.

#10 · (Edited)
sucks bro, id say i told ya so, but you have already been kicked in the nuts enough. Best of luck in the future.

I tried to post a link to a stock rebuild kit in the bws thread, but guess what, post deleted. Mole now rebuilds your turbo for $50 dollars after buying it back for 200, then the next guy gets hit for top dollar again, shady business, just like his entire "advertising" scheme.

#14 · (Edited)
I know, hence my point. 28psi sounds high for moles BWS. That is why I spent the money and waited 6 months for my turbo. Not that i wanted to wait, but I did.

#17 ·
28psi seems high to me too. I was doing 26 on my LCR turbo. It also did not last terribly long (maybe 7k miles til it smoked). The nice part is if you can find a decent place to rebuild them; It isnt that expensive to get them rebuilt.

He's got a lot of these BWS out there, too. And ive seen very few people complaining. May just be hit or miss on some of them.

#21 ·
Masat03 is the reason why I didn't buy a bws, and I want to publicly thank him. He was the one that kept the truth on this setup but kept getting his posts deleted. I was fortunate enough to read them before they got deleted.

All in all I hope everything goes well for you Tyler sucks that you had to learn the hard way. I am a firm believer stage 3 or bigger everything else is a waste of money!

#22 ·
a big wheel stocker just seems like a bad idea.
when others tried (ptp) shafts would snap, others had bearing problems, then others (lcr) tried welding a tdo5 on stock manifold (seems that didn't work because alignment was an issue and the flow sucked)

mole is on the forums all the time, and i'd guess he'll make this right

ah who knows, i'm certainly no expert -- spent way to much time working on the neon

#23 ·
Yes i was at boost for boobies. I dyno'd as well.

I just wanted to share my experience with everyone. I really don't care if mole does "make it right" or not. Don't wanna start a fight with him. Like said just wanted to share with everyone.

As far as 28 psi mole didn't say one word about boosting too high even told me he was going to do a 30 psi spike.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#30 ·
read from bottom to top

To: andrew sand <andrewsand_58324@yahoo.com>;
Subject: Re: BWS
Sent: Sat, Aug 27, 2011 3:21:32 AM

Yes. 310 total

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

----- Reply message -----
To: "mole79@aol.com" <mole79@aol.com>
Subject: BWS
Date: Fri, Aug 26, 2011 7:36 pm

so any update on my bws

To: <andrewsand_58324@yahoo.com>;
Sent: Tue, Aug 23, 2011 5:01:59 PM

ill have your total by today or tomorrow

-----Original Message-----
To: mole79 <mole79@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Aug 22, 2011 1:28 pm

hey how much is it going to cost me to get my BWS rebuilt

To: andrew sand <andrewsand_58324@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 4:56 PM

it seen 25 psi once because my boost controller was set for the stocker but it only saw 12psi a few times

Sent: Sat, Aug 13, 2011 6:23:10 PM

hey man I was just wondering if you ever reserved the turbo and if you have found anything out on it

Sent: Fri, Aug 5, 2011 5:29:01 PM

You fried this baby. It's been dropped off at the shop.

Date: Sun, Aug 14, 2011 11:33 am

It's here. You fried this thing. How much boost were you running ?

Date: Thu, Aug 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Looks like its in LA. so ill have it today or tomorrow

Date: Thu, Aug 4, 2011 9:08 pm

hey just wondering if you received my turbo yet

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 11:55 AM

shipped today via usps tracking number-03102640000143377250

Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 9:33 PM

45502 2nd st east
Lancaster, ca. 93535

Date: Mon, Jul 25, 2011 9:10 pm

ok can i get your address

Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 2:33 PM

I need to see what's wrong with it before I can give an accurate quote.

Date: Mon, Jul 25, 2011 12:00 pm

how much for a rebuild and can I get your address

Sent: Mon, Jul 25, 2011 12:28:42 PM

Yes you can send it back. Add tracking to it please

Date: Sun, Jul 24, 2011 10:34 pm

so can I send it back to you and get it rebuild im sure ill have to pay for it but I don't realy care I just want the turbo fixed

Sent: Sun, Jul 24, 2011 10:49:14 PM

I'm thinking your EGTs got too high with that 25psi spike on a stock ext mani.

Date: Sun, Jul 24, 2011 11:18 am

im useing a stock mani. with a external wastegate

Sent: Sun, Jul 24, 2011 7:57:11 AM

What exhaust mani are you using?

To: "Mole&apos;" <mole79@aol.com>
Date: Sat, Jul 23, 2011 9:59 pm

hey mole this is sandrewand from the forum site my BWS is leaking oil and has shaft play from side to side im sure you dont warranty but im just wondering if i can send it back to you for a rebuild

but i dont know if it was just defected but im sure i broke it in properly i didnt go into boost for like 200 mile and i only had the turbo on my car for 2 weeks and i only went into boost a hand full of times max boost was 12psi and accidently hit 25psi once because i forgot to take off my boost controller and thats all ive done with the BWS since installed it
To: andrewsand_58324@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 10:42 AM

my inbox is open now

#220 ·
read from bottom to top

my inbox is open now
what is this about?

you were boosting too high on a stock ext mani. you even said so your self?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.